Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Cup 2022

+14
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
okocha
terenceanne
Growler
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Norpig
Feby
Whitesince63
y2johnny
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

212022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Mon Nov 21 2022, 16:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That was a proper shellacking and they were supposed to be a little tricky. Fantastic result.

Agree Nat that out defense was dodgy and that we'll be in trouble against better sides. Iran sliced us open a couple of times.

Don't understand why he didn't take Kane off at half time. If he gets crocked, and he will, we'll be screwed. He had a fantastic game though.

A cracking start though!

222022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Mon Nov 21 2022, 16:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Agree Nat that out defense was dodgy and that we'll be in trouble against better sides. Iran sliced us open a couple of times.

I genuinely thought Iran were ranked about 150th, turns out they are in the top 20. Perhaps it was a better result than I thought.

232022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Mon Nov 21 2022, 17:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A great start to England with their first game of the tournament against Iran! 2022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 603197783

242022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Mon Nov 21 2022, 17:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Agree Nat that out defense was dodgy and that we'll be in trouble against better sides. Iran sliced us open a couple of times.

I genuinely thought Iran were ranked about 150th, turns out they are in the top 20. Perhaps it was a better result than I thought.
That’s surprising

252022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Wed Nov 23 2022, 16:15

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Politics predictably shameful......actual football unpredictably and dramatically wonderful!

262022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Fri Nov 25 2022, 10:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A draw today so we can be the ones to send England B and stale Bale home next week.

272022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Fri Nov 25 2022, 10:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shameless diving by Ronaldo cheating the Ghanaians out of the draw they’d earned and what do the pundits say. He touched the ball a millisecond ahead of the defender and was therefore entitled to go down.

282022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Fri Nov 25 2022, 12:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen the Welsh result. I have Welsh blood, but couldn't help but smile.

292022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Fri Nov 25 2022, 13:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair, Iran were by far the better side from the first minute, they looked decent.

Mad challenge by the goalie though, what was he thinking?

302022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Nov 26 2022, 08:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Southgate shitshow. The biggest criticism I can give England is it was like watching Bolton.

That was utter garbage. Mount anonymous, Bellingham chasing shadows, Stirling being Stirling, Saka hiding in Robinson's pocket, Kane looking desperate.

Fook me, only a rubbish manager like Southgate could turn these brilliant Premier League players into Bolton players inside 2 games. And afterwards he said he was proud of the mentality - how very Evans-esque.

I'm torn between wanting to win the next match and wanting to get dicked so Southgate is shown the door.

Why am I surrounded by clueless managers?

312022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Nov 26 2022, 12:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And what does Delan Rice do in the team? Name never mentioned, few touches of note.
The backwards and side passing is shocking - everyone scared of kicking it forward.
I shouldn't be surprised though, I said for years England will win nowt with Southgate in charge. The shame of it is that there is a real opportunity to win the whole thing as in my opinion the other big teams are not as good as they used to be at the moment. It's there for the taking.

322022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Nov 26 2022, 13:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:And what does Delan Rice do in the team? Name never mentioned, few touches of note.
The backwards and side passing is shocking - everyone scared of kicking it forward.
I shouldn't be surprised though, I said for years England will win nowt with Southgate in charge. The shame of it is that there is a real opportunity to win the whole thing as in my opinion the other big teams are not as good as they used to be at the moment. It's there for the taking.
I fully agree TA, this is without doubt the best squad England have had for many years with some really outstanding players but sadly we get lumped with a negative minded manager like Southgate? Fortunately this is his last tournament but it is a shame when you think we really could have won it. Now I’d like him to go and shove those words right down my throat by actually doing it. 🥴

332022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Nov 26 2022, 15:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

France or Saudi will win it !

342022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Nov 26 2022, 18:44

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think we know Mount. Sterling, Bellingham and Saka aren't good enough to win England the World Cup it would be interesting to see if Grealish and Foden are.I don't think they are but its baffling why the manager prefers the others.

France look the team to beat  having the best striker at the competition.

352022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Nov 26 2022, 19:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:I think we know Mount. Sterling, Bellingham and Saka aren't good enough to win England the World Cup it would be interesting to see if Grealish and Foden are.I don't think they are but its baffling why the manager prefers the others.

France look the team to beat  having the best striker at the competition.

Bellingham will be a world beater one day, but he was off it last night big time. I'd still pick him against Wales.

Saka is only good when he has the pace to beat the full back - last night Robinson (who struggled to hold down a place in our team not too long ago) had him in his pocket from minute one.

Mount & Stirling were passengers and have been for a while. They shouldn't even be at the World Cup.

Foden is brilliant for City, but I can't remember him having a good game for England - but he should have been on last night. I'd always start Grealish purely because he holds onto the ball better than anyone, his final ball does let him down though.

Regardless of who plays, Southgate is just too negative to get the best out of the squad - he should have made subs at half-time but left it until well past the hour mark.

362022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Wed Nov 30 2022, 12:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dreadful first half last night, although without the defensive frailties seen against the USA.

Second half was good, ball moved quicker and Rashford looked a different player.

I doubt any manager could leave Rashford out after that game (although Ian "it's not about goals" Evans probably would) but I do fear that Mount & Sterling will be starting in the next round.

Evans & Southgate out.

372022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Wed Nov 30 2022, 12:40

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With all the subs on England look far better - same at BWFC.  As Nat says Southgate will go back to his starting lineup. Like I said earlier Declan John another game with barely any touches, finally subbed out but to be given a rest no doubt.

382022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Wed Nov 30 2022, 13:13

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Once the team starts to look forwards rather than back and sideways, they look great. They need a more positive, bold approach from early on, just as our international cricketers have successfully demonstrated. They have the skills to outplay most teams when they attack with purpose.

Have doubts about Henderson's ability. Does his loud voice compensate?

392022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Wed Nov 30 2022, 13:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Have doubts about Henderson's ability. Does his loud voice compensate?

I think so, I do feel his experience and know how allowed Bellingham to play with more freedom.

402022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Fri Dec 02 2022, 18:16

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reading the above you can see why fans would never make managers.

Southgates negative shit show Hmm Scored a 6 and 3 in two world cup games with just as much talent on the bench, kept two clean sheets despite a so called dodgy defence, and yes i know its early doors.

However the shit manager named above has the best record since Alf Ramsey, took us to a semi final World cup and lost on penalties in the final of a European final, Hmmm really shit.

Add to the mix that he is the only manager to throw out the tried and trusted, remember the golden generation ? all sure of a place, no Gareth was brave to flood the squad with almost unknowns that are now established in this squad. 

Im not saying we will win this competition but if he delivers this time (final 4) then show the guy some respect. I would keep him even if we go out at the quarters but if we just happened to beat France asssuming we both get so far. Then you wont see many doubters at that point. Sir Gareth more likely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum