Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Cup 2022

+14
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
okocha
terenceanne
Growler
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Norpig
Feby
Whitesince63
y2johnny
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

412022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Fri Dec 02 2022, 22:11

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree. He's done an incredible job so far. I don't think we've got a chance against the likes of France, Brazil or Argentina who are a different class but a decent WC tournament would be the Quarters. Anything more would be amazing.

422022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Dec 03 2022, 10:35

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

finlaymcdanger wrote:I agree. He's done an incredible job so far. I don't think we've got a chance against the likes of France, Brazil or Argentina who are a different class but a decent WC tournament would be the Quarters. Anything more would be amazing.
Very good sides but everyone has a chance, France won't relish playing us, Don't think the Argies are that great but obviosly dangerous, Brazil it's weird they always deliver but would you play Fred and Richarlison before any of our similar players ??

432022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sat Dec 03 2022, 12:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Reading the above you can see why fans would never make managers.

Southgates negative shit show Hmm Scored a 6 and 3 in two world cup games with just as much talent on the bench, kept two clean sheets despite a so called dodgy defence, and yes i know its early doors.

However the shit manager named above has the best record since Alf Ramsey, took us to a semi final World cup and lost on penalties in the final of a European final, Hmmm really shit.

Add to the mix that he is the only manager to throw out the tried and trusted, remember the golden generation ? all sure of a place, no Gareth was brave to flood the squad with almost unknowns that are now established in this squad. 

Im not saying we will win this competition but if he delivers this time (final 4) then show the guy some respect. I would keep him even if we go out at the quarters but if we just happened to beat France asssuming we both get so far. Then you wont see many doubters at that point. Sir Gareth more likely.

Absolute nonsense.

We did well at the 2018 World Cup, but we got just about the easiest draw possible all the way to the semi-final. Where we lost to an average Croatia.

Again, at the Euros we did well, but all but one of our games were on home soil which is a massive help. We got past Denmark thanks to a dive. And 1-0 up in the final we went completely defensive and that cost us. And as for penalties, what sort of plonker picks teenagers to take kicks in the biggest England game for 50 years?

We have never had a better team than we have right now, but Southgate hasn't got a clue how to get the best out of them. Continually picking favourites like Stirling, Mount and Maguire despite all being out of form will no doubt cost us. But should we be surprised, he has virtually no experience of success in management.

A top manager like Klopp or Pep would have won the 2018 WC and 2020 Euros with this team. The England team should have a top manager.

I've seen nothing in this tournament to suggest anyone is collectively better than England, the semi-finals is the absolute least that we should expect.

Southgate is a nice guy and talks well, I'm sure he'll get his knighthood even if Senegal put 5 past us.

442022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 04 2022, 21:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was comfortable in the end, but for 30 minutes we were terrible and should have been behind.

For 10 minutes either side of half time we looked the business, with Bellingham & Kane outstanding.

But dear me, numerous times Senegal showed how slow our centre halves are, Southgate absolutely cannot send that back four out against France or we will get thrashed. Not sure what the answer is when none of the sub defenders have any pace, perhaps Walker in a back 3?

Beat France and we could win it, lose and it'll be underachievement in my eyes.

452022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 04 2022, 23:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Whichever team loses next will see it as an underachievement. But both teams can't go through.

Nat is speaking sense with her analysis of Southgates performance so far. I think any previous England manager could have got us this far in each of the recent tournaments. We just got easy groups and fortunate knockouts.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

462022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Mon Dec 05 2022, 11:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whilst there is some truth to what Nat says and I do agree that certainly in the Euro final, a more positive manager would have easily seen off an aged Italian side with our squad, I think it is a little churlish to condemn Southgate completely. He did get rid of the big heads and has brought in young players other managers might not have and he’s blended them well with the experience of the likes of Kane, Henderson and Maguire. I think we’ve a great chance against France and once we’re through that who knows how well we can do? It’s a great opportunity for our young players to really make a name for themselves on the International stage and put down a marker for not just this WC but also competitions to come. I know for sure that France will be worried and so they should be. 🤗

472022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Mon Dec 05 2022, 21:16

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Oh yeah. Defo think we can beat them. No trouble.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

482022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 07:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

England need a new penalty strategy.

492022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 09:18

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Same old same old. Serial failures. That match last night was 50/50, especially once 1-1, it felt like it was England’s to win. But as usually we fail again and France found a way to win. 
It was unfortunate though, had Kane scored the second penalty who knows what would have happened. Should France’s first goal be disallowed because of the foul on Saka? Should England had a penalty in the first half? 
This one really is a kick in the teeth as the other 3 semi finalists if we had made it are all very average. Morocco, Croatia and Argentina I think England would beat them all. It’s another golden opportunity missed, just like the Euros on home soil. Pundits say Southgate should stay on but should he? We only beat Iran, Wales and Senegal. Last World Cup we only beat Panama Tunisia, Panama, Colombia (on penalties) and Sweden. 
This one we couldn’t beat USA and lost to France who people point out were missing Benzema, Kante, Nkunku, Kimpembe, Pogba??
56 years and counting. It shouldn’t be like this. All other major footballing nations win tournaments, last 5 world cups won by Brazil, Italy, Spain, Germany and France. Portugal won the Euros in 2016. Argentina won the last Copa America. How can we go 56 years and counting since winning a tournament? Such a disappointment.

502022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 13:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I said it for years - we will win nowt with Southgate in charge.
Nothing against the lads who played - it was a good effort and we deserved to win in the end - but we paid the price with a negative boring first half with backwards and sideways passing much like BWFC. Southgate is a defensive coach and will never change.
For one off games you need a spark of brilliance. He brings Grealish on with five minutes left etc etc ...

512022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 14:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair to Southgate we didn't take our chances and there's nothing much the manager can do about that. But he's had a few cracks at winning something and ended up empty handed.

I read today it's something like 40 years since we beat an elite footballing nation in a World Cup knockout stage outside England - Morocco beat three in a fortnight. And that stat alone should mean the end of the Southgate era.

Nice chap, but we really need a top manager to shape this team into a trophy winning one.

522022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 15:23

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:To be fair to Southgate we didn't take our chances and there's nothing much the manager can do about that. But he's had a few cracks at winning something and ended up empty handed.

I read today it's something like 40 years since we beat an elite footballing nation in a World Cup knockout stage outside England - Morocco beat three in a fortnight. And that stat alone should mean the end of the Southgate era.

Nice chap, but we really need a top manager to shape this team into a trophy winning one.

Who would you offer the England job to Nat?

532022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:Who would you offer the England job to Nat?

I'd throw some money at Klopp.

542022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 18:32

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'd throw some money at Klopp.
Klopp? What the heck have you been smoking?

If you’re looking for an overseas coach then Poch would be first choice. He’s available and we know he is quality and knows the English game. 

If we are looking at an English coach the short list must include Scott Parker, Psycho Stuart Pearce, Aidy Boothroyd, The Guv’nor Paul Ince, Nigel Pearson, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and Alan Pardew.

552022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 20:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:Klopp? What the heck have you been smoking?

If you’re looking for an overseas coach then Poch would be first choice. He’s available and we know he is quality and knows the English game. 

If we are looking at an English coach the short list must include Scott Parker, Psycho Stuart Pearce, Aidy Boothroyd, The Guv’nor Paul Ince, Nigel Pearson, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and Alan Pardew.

You forgot Frank Lampard and Lee Dixon.

562022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 11 2022, 21:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How about Ian Evatt ----- he knows about passing backwards and sideways. Southgate was manager at Boro and did nowt there. So its not as far fetched as you would think.

572022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 18 2022, 10:14

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Has anyone gone for a Messi haircut?

582022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 18 2022, 14:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A bit of a dilemma today. Watch the LGBTQ+ match on the BBC or ITV?

I'm supporting France because they give their kids the best school dinners.

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/what-french-kids-eat-for-school-lunch

592022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 18 2022, 18:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some game that, in the end.

602022 - World Cup 2022 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 Sun Dec 18 2022, 18:04

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What an absolutely fantastic game of football that was, possibly even the greatest final ever. The two unarguably best players in the world excelling for their teams and in the end I’m genuinely pleased for Messi that he’s got his World Cup winners medal at last. What a privilege to see such an amazing game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum