Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

George Thomason determined to come back stronger after injury

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

George Thomason determined to come back stronger after injury 16299063

George Thomason is determined to come back stronger from injury – and says his time on the sidelines is an opportunity to “grow”.

The midfielder will be out of action for several months after dislocating his knee and tearing a ligament.

Thomason admits not being able to contribute on the pitch is frustrating and is eager to play a part at the business end of the season.

The 21-year-old said: “It is a time to reflect and grow, and kind of learn a lot about myself mentally.

“Being away from the group, which I have not really had before, is challenging. But it gives me an opportunity to kick on, go again and just prepare for when I may be back.”

He added: “While I’m chipping away in the background trying to get myself fit, I’ll be cheering the boys on.

“Hopefully, they can stay in the mix and I’ve got that ‘tunnel vision’ mindset to hopefully be back and make a contribution towards the end of the season.

“As a footballer, if you can’t at least be physically available to contribute it is eating away at you. You just want to help the boys.

“But they are in really good hands and they are all really good players, so I have no doubt they will be picking up points.”

Prior to the injury, Thomason had become an important member of Ian Evatt’s squad despite the strong competition for places in the middle of the pitch.

The midfielder explained: “I got some good experience last year but this year the manager put even more trust in me. I have started many games and am just learning on my feet.

“We went on a great run of form and it was good to experience that feeling – winning consistently and performing well in front of the fans. It is always invaluable to be playing men’s football at such a good level.”

He added: “Each year, I feel I have developed different aspects of my game. When I signed for the club it was in a bit of a rough patch, and the manager came in and the owner has been brilliant.

“Then we got promoted, and I’ve been getting used to the different levels of my journey because I hadn’t been in the professional game before then.

“I have just tried to take it all in my stride and adapt as well as I possibly can.”

Being out of action has given Thomason the chance to reflect on his own game, and there is one area he is keen to improve as soon as he can get back on the training pitch.

“I would really like to get better in the final third and contribute with goals and assists,” he said.

“I don’t think anyone can ever really be the finished article, especially at my age. I have got plenty of learning to do, so no doubt I will have many areas to try and get better at.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum