Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt on prospect of recalling Adam Senior from Halifax

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt on prospect of recalling Adam Senior from Halifax 16674308

Wanderers are happy to let Adam Senior continue his successful spell in the National League with Halifax Town – at least for the time being.

Despite a raft of defensive injuries, Ian Evatt says he is not currently considering bringing the academy graduate back to the UniBol as cover.

Senior has made 16 appearances for the Shaymen this season, helping them to win their last four straight games. He is also out of contract in the summer.

Evatt hopes that Ricardo Santos and Eoin Toal could be back in training by the end of next week and, unless the situation worsens, is not looking to end Senior’s season-long loan.

“I think we have that option – but at the moment we have players available that are fit for purpose,” he said.

“If that changes then we may have to reconsider. But we are cautiously optimistic that one, if not both of Eoin and Rico will be back in the next week or two.”

After the 1-0 win against Oxford United it was joked that Evatt might have to register himself as a player if his list of defensive absentees grew longer.

“I don’t want to play football ever again,” he laughed. “I have headed enough balls in my time, it’s someone else’s turn!”

Evatt was delighted with the defensive grit shown by Wanderers at the Kassam Stadium, even though they were unable to play the sort of flowing football he prefers.

“For someone who was a big, ugly centre-back I am a slightly more attacking coach and like the finer things when it comes to football teams – but we have to have a different string to our bow at the moment,” he said.

“This is a different way. We will do out best to keep grinding results out.

“We have been without Eoin and Rico for three games now and we have conceded one goal, a 95th minute equaliser. I think we have done really well.

“Yes, it is not our way. It is strange to us. But it does show the players can adapt. They can battle, grind, still do the ugly stuff, and if we can add that to our football side then we can be a better team.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum