Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg)

+10
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Whitesince63
terenceanne
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Cajunboy
Mad Dog
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Fri May 19 2023, 22:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Barnsley buzzed positively throughout; Bolton strolled for far too long, (Santos setting the wrong tone/example), and then lacked quality when they finally roused themselves to go forwards. 

Really disappointing.

42Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Fri May 19 2023, 22:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frustrating end to the season, didn’t show up for either legs.
A good summer needed.
Positives we get to defend the pizza cup next season Very Happy
We get to play Wigan and Blackpool as well so still some tasty games

43Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Fri May 19 2023, 22:49

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’m almost speechless at what I’ve just witnessed. What a complete load of garbage. I didn’t think we could possibly be as bad as Saturday but boy how wrong was I, a complete season wasted in two games? Shades of what we missed though in not re-signing Luca when we could have and he was outstanding tonight and I’m sure will get even better. We had nothing like that in midfield and in fact we never do. Much as I like Rico I hope somebody comes in for him in the summer because I think he’s responsible for a lot of our problems in slowing play down. Whilst he was out and Aimson took over we had a cracking spell and moved the ball forward quickly. Never mind, always next season and time for Evatt to think again on his attacking options because January was a disaster.

44Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 09:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:I’m almost speechless at what I’ve just witnessed. What a complete load of garbage. I didn’t think we could possibly be as bad as Saturday but boy how wrong was I, a complete season wasted in two games? Shades of what we missed though in not re-signing Luca when we could have and he was outstanding tonight and I’m sure will get even better. We had nothing like that in midfield and in fact we never do. Much as I like Rico I hope somebody comes in for him in the summer because I think he’s responsible for a lot of our problems in slowing play down. Whilst he was out and Aimson took over we had a cracking spell and moved the ball forward quickly. Never mind, always next season and time for Evatt to think again on his attacking options because January was a disaster.
So true, WS63!

45Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 10:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where to start with that shitshow?

Absolutely embarrassing. No heart, no desire and no ambition. No one wanted the ball, players always looking for the backwards pass. It was a fooking play-off semi final and we treated it like a pre-season friendly.

With 20 minutes left we should have been bombarding their penalty area with high balls. Santos should have been up top getting his head in there. But no, 5 at the back and happy to pass around in front of Trafford. I'm convinced they thought there was a 3rd leg.

The players were terrible, but the manager cost us promotion. Firstly with his mad January transfers. Selling our only match winner in Dapo and replacing him with a lamppost. Imagine if Dapo had come on for those last 20 minutes. I suspect we'd have at least had a go. And secondly, his complete lack of success in motivating his players for two huge games - I was brought up on play-off games against the likes of Wolves and Bury, games where the players were up for it from minute one.

The happy clappers are out in force suggesting we'll be top 2 next season. I don't know what top 2 they mean but it definitely isn't League 1. Without Bradley & Trafford we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

Thanks for your efforts Ian, but time to resign and let someone take over who understands the need to score goals.

46Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 10:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You’re very emotional right now Nat and I understand. But we both know we are more than likely to improve next season so I don’t see why top two is out of reach

47Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 10:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:You’re very emotional right now Nat and I understand. But we both know we are more than likely to improve next season so I don’t see why top two is out of reach

We'll only improve if we replace the majority of the midfield & attackers and start to play a system designed to win games, not one that is designed to stop the opposition scoring.

48Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 12:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:You’re very emotional right now Nat and I understand. But we both know we are more than likely to improve next season so I don’t see why top two is out of reach

We'll only improve if we replace the majority of the midfield & attackers and start to play a system designed to win games, not one that is designed to stop the opposition scoring.
Totally agree Nat

49Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 13:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We have been crap since the Pizza Bowl - It's a shame really since we are better than what we showed yesterday. Ian's tinkering and side to side tactics finally did us in. Thomason in while Sheehan sat on the bench for example. Jerome still on the bench when we needed to throw the kitchen sink in - how about changing left back instead. To boot the changes were needed at half time not 75 minutes.
Anyway, it was still good season in hindsight. Who comes and goes now will be interesting.

50Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 14:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How anyone can blame Evatt is beyond me. Those players should be ashamed of themselves. They all looked shit scared

51Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 14:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:How anyone can blame Evatt is beyond me. Those players should be ashamed of themselves. They all looked shit scared
Fecking useless more like. Very Happy

52Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 15:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mad Dog wrote:Yep, big overhaul in the attacking areas. N’Lundulu, Jerome, Shortire, Kachunga, Adeboyo are all utter useless. It’s a blessing in disguise Bolton didn’t go up as they are nowhere near good enough to compete at the championship with this lot.
Other than Victor, unless we could sell him on, I don’t think any of the others would have been with us anyway MD and I’m not sure they will be even though we’ve stayed down. Personally since we’re still in L1, I’d go and get Cole Stockton who at least knows where the goal is which would be a start over the others!

53Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 15:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve been a touch harsh on Adeboyego. I reckon under a pre season he will come good for us. He scored 16 this season and the majority for a struggling side so he’s definitely got something about him

54Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I’ve been a touch harsh on Adeboyego. I reckon under a pre season he will come good for us. He scored 16 this season and the majority for a struggling side so he’s definitely got something about him

I've read this "give him a pre-season and he'll be Messi" nonsense a lot of late.

Ignoring the fact he did a full pre-season with Burton and started every game for them, I fail to see how a pre-season with us will give him pace, aerial ability and teach him to control a ball.

Awful signing, Dapo is miles and miles better.

55Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 18:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Personally since we’re still in L1, I’d go and get Cole Stockton who at least knows where the goal is which would be a start over the others!

For once we agree. We need a bully up top who can control a ball and score a few.

If we'd bought Stockton in January (for a lot less than £500k I suspect) we'd have been pushing the top 3.

56Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 19:40

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I've read this "give him a pre-season and he'll be Messi" nonsense a lot of late.

Ignoring the fact he did a full pre-season with Burton and started every game for them, I fail to see how a pre-season with us will give him pace, aerial ability and teach him to control a ball.

Awful signing, Dapo is miles and miles better.
Selling Dapo was a mistake imo.

57Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 20:27

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Evatt is nowhere near good enough and it’s sad people cannot see it. The sign of a good manager is finding a way to win games against stronger opposition. In my opinion the five strongest opponents were Ipswich, Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Barnsley and Derby. 
Against tougher opposition IE is hopeless, he can never formulate a plan to win. If you take the league games and play off games against Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Barnsley and Derby, in the 12 games Bolton won 1 (and that was after Barnsley had a man sent off after 10 mins), 6 draws and 5 defeats. Big Sam, Bolton’s best manager in the past few decades could find a way to beat anyone. Bolton used to beat Arsenal regularly, win at Old Trafford, he was brilliant. Evatt is clueless. Could he get a game plan to beat Barnsley in the play offs? Could he shit. Both performances were abysmal. The sad thing is, against Peterborough away and the pizza final we saw just what Bolton were capable of. But IE makes Bolton play with the handbrake on. Absolute useless manager. 

58Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sat May 20 2023, 21:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why did the commentator have to mention Barry Knight? Why?
There was no need for that. Any mention of that suppurating pustule of bile was unwarranted, and caused my PTSD to erupt.
Any advice on how to get egg and brown sauce stains out of flock wallpaper would be greatly appreciated.

59Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sun May 21 2023, 22:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
Selling Dapo was a mistake imo.

All things considered Evatt did have a poor January. We've been lucky with some very good loans that have carried us this season.

60Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 3 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Sun May 21 2023, 23:07

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Any idea why Shoretire didn’t even make the bench for either play off game and barely featured in the final ten games of the season?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum