Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg)

+10
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Whitesince63
terenceanne
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Cajunboy
Mad Dog
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 14:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably injured. He was injured quite a bit. Definitely wasn't good enough to be a regular.

62Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 14:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think he was injured, he was just very, very poor.

But you could say that about all our strikers really.

63Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 16:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hey ho, it's all happened now, time to move on.

Plymouth, Ipswich and Wednesday were by far the best three teams in the league, and Barnsley was the best by far again of all the remaining teams.

The race for the other two remaining play-off sides could have gone to anyone left in the race really - I mean it wasn't that many weeks back when some were fearing our game against Exeter who they considered play-off rivals and they ended up finishing 14th!!!

Evatt seems to believe in style over substance - sometimes in life you've got to do the unexpected - and Evatt doesn't seem to share that philosophy.

There's something not quite right behind the scenes to my way of thinking, something happened to John - he was frozen out (even replaced by Iredale's signing) then for a while back in favour, then at the end of the season frozen out again.

Similarly with Dapo - almost as though he was forced into playing in a role that didn't suit him and eventually he had enough of it and apparently pushed to leave - why allow that to happen?

The January window was poor, is Williams the answer at left wing back?  Iredale is better in the back three and I'm guessing John is on the way out - but Williams is more a winger than defender to my way of thinking?

Adeboyejo has been a disappointment so far but we've spent our transfer budget on him, so I guess we are going to stick with him alongside Charles and let Bodvarsson go.  Maybe Adeboyejo will come good next season?

We clearly need a keeper as the top priority and we also need now a right wing back in place of Bradley.

We played Thomason (out of the blue really) in our last match - is that a sign that Evatt has eventually realised that we in fact do need an enforcer in midfield???

Why else play him if not?

Then what money do we have to strengthen - I guess there is money there - based really on the (flawed?) logic that the financial wheels haven't fallen off yet - despite the club being millions still in debt - therefore someone is paying them...

We know now what the division is about, we can and have put out a team that can compete but we know there are going to be games where we will be bullied - and we need players who can bully back and not go missing.

We can't play tippy tappy all the time in this division - there are simply teams and pitches where it isn't suited for - Evatt has to plan and deal with such games from now on if we want to get to the Championship.

All in all we had a good season - play-off semi and the Mickey Mouse Cup win.

Key players need to be replaced and an acceptance by Evatt that we have to win ugly when the need arises.

If we get the right players in during summer then we should be challenging again next season but Traf and Bradley are big shoes to fill like for like.

Hipster, good to see you posting again - it seems it has all been happening with the SNP since you were last on - looks like your opinions on them were spot on!

64Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 16:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Hey ho, it's all happened now, time to move on.

Time to move on??? After 3 days!!!

You massive bellend.

No doubt you moved Mrs Sluffy 2 into your house as Mrs Sluffy 1 was packing her things up.

Heartless.

65Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 16:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You massive bellend.

No doubt you moved Mrs Sluffy 2 into your house as Mrs Sluffy 1 was packing her things up.

Heartless.
I've not moved on from Barry Knight!! And the '53 Cup Final is problematic.
I'm not a machine.

66Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 17:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've never seen any point holding on to grudges or hatred.

Learn by them by all means but don't waste your life away stewing on them.

We all make mistakes.

Isn't it better to admit to them when we do.

If someone fucks me up, then I don't get bitter and twisted over it, I just pick up the pieces and get on with the rest of my life.

What's the point seething and plotting some sort of revenge?

To my way of thinking that means they fucked you up twice - once by whatever they did in the first place and second because they've screwed your head up from that day onwards.

To paraphrase a saying...

Fuck me up once, shame on you.

Fuck me up twice, shame on me!

Life is not fair and we all get shitted on sooner or later.

It's how well you deal with it that counts.

That's my philosophy anyway.

67Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 17:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need new ideas.

68Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Mon May 22 2023, 17:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Hey ho, it's all happened now, time to move on.

You massive bellend.

Heartless.
Very Happy Very Happy

69Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Tue May 23 2023, 16:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any ideas why sluffy didn’t welcome me back?

70Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) - Page 4 Empty Re: Barnsley 1-0 Bolton (2nd Leg) Tue May 23 2023, 18:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Any ideas why sluffy didn’t welcome me back?
It Boggers belief that no one saw your grand return mate  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum