Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers add former Leeds striker to their B Team ranks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers add former Leeds striker to their B Team ranks 16863903

Wanderers have added striker Ben Andreucci to their B Team ranks ahead of the new season.

18-year-old Andreucci has put pen to paper over a two-year deal with the option of a further 12 months following his exit from Leeds.

The youngster played in the Under-18 Premier League and Premier League 2 during his time at the Yorkshire club. He scored nine goals last season and has also represented Scotland at Under-19 level.

Wanderers say “a number of Championship clubs” were keen to sign Andreucci to his first professional deal.

“I’m buzzing to be here,” he told the club website. “This is everything that I have worked for and to sign with such a big club makes me excited to see what the future holds.

“The pathway at the club is there and it’s something I want to be part of and break through. It is important for me to keep developing over the next couple of years and take my opportunities when they come.

“It’s important to settle in early on and really push to show what I can do to try to push into the first team. That will be a tough ask, but I think having that right mentality will help me along that journey. My mentality needs to be to keep pushing every day.

“(Matt Craddock) has told me to just come in, be myself and play the way I play. It’s an exciting couple of years ahead and I’m really looking forward to it.”

Wanderers are expected to complete more signings for the B Team this summer as they aim to bridge the gap between youth football and the first-team picture.

A further eight youngsters remain under contract from last season including Conor Carty, who has been called up to the Republic of Ireland Under-21 squad for the first time.

Meanwhile, five players have been released at the end of their contracts including Adam Senior, who made seven first-team appearances at the UniBol.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum