Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers add ex-Liverpool youngster to their B Team ranks

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers add ex-Liverpool youngster to their B Team ranks 16888108

Wanderers have added former Liverpool youngster Charlie Hayes-Green to their B Team ranks.

The 18-year-old centre-back has signed a one-year deal at Bolton with the option of a further 12 months.

Hayes-Green spent 12 years in Liverpool’s youth ranks, becoming a regular member of the squad in the Under-18 Premier League.

He also featured for the Under-21 side in the Papa Johns Trophy group stage last season, coming off the bench for the final minutes in a 1-0 defeat at Rochdale.

The Wirral-born defender is excited for “a new start” at Wanderers and hopes his experiences at Liverpool will serve him well in the coming weeks and months.

“I’m really excited to start a new chapter at Bolton Wanderers. It’s a really proud moment for myself and my family,” he told the club website.

“I’ve learnt a lot from being at Liverpool for so long and I need to transfer all of those skills to help me next season at Bolton.

“The game has changed a lot and it’s really important to be comfortable on the ball as a centre-half. Hopefully I can show that in my performances because it’s something I really enjoy.

“Bolton has a real buzz about the place. The stadium is a statement in itself.

“It is a new start for me and I’m really excited to show what I can do. I need to take every week as it comes and push as far as I can.”

Hayes-Green becomes Wanderers’ second B Team signing of the summer after striker Ben Andreucci arrived from Leeds.

A number of players in Matt Craddock’s squad remain under contract from last season including Conor Carty and Gez Sithole.

Meanwhile, Adam Senior was one of five players released at the end of their respective Bolton deals.

Source

Last edited by karlypants on Fri Jun 16 2023, 08:57; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a crap thread title.

Dreadful copy & paste skills.

KP out.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse