Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tattoos In The Office

+3
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tattoos In The Office Empty Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been interviewing for a very big role at Whittam International this week, my full-time foot masseur.

People applied from all over the world for this once-in-a-lifetime job, including doctors, lawyers, accountants, bed pan washers and hedge fund managers. The pay is only £2.57 an hour but people know that once they've massaged Natasha Whittam's feet the world is their oyster.

Anyway, I narrowed it down to 8 potential candidates who I finished interviewing this morning. One candidate stood out, he massaged my admittedly large feet like he was holding a delicate baby bird in his small hands. It was almost sexual.

But, and here is my problem and the reason for this thread, he had a huge tattoo across his neck and up both arms. I can't stand huge tattoos that are visible to the whole world. I don't mind small discreet ones like Sluffy's 'wanderlust' arse tattoo or KP's life size ant tattoo that covers his willy, but in your face tattoos are offensive to me. It just shows bad judgement in my opinion because, rightly or wrongly, most people are going to have a negative view of you.

So, despite being the foot whisperer, he didn't get the job.

Am I wrong to judge him solely on his body art? What is your opinion on work place tattoos? Should people be forced to hide them?

2Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't have any tattoos and these days i'm in the minority i think as everyone has them now. it can be off putting i guess if people have their face tattooed but i bet you can't discriminate against people with tattoos in interviews now.

I did consider getting one (a BWFC badge) for a while i'm a soft lad and didn't want the pain  Very Happy

As for £2.57 an hour even my bed pan washing pays more than that! I'll stick to scraping shit for a while longer but let me know if the rate goes up  Laughing

3Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 13:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Visible tattoos can be too in your face, so I made sure my Bruce Forsyth tattoo was reasonably sized, and strategically placed, so as not to be offensive to others.
It's been a great success, and, despite a large security guard removing me from the surgery during my recent proctology exam, I feel I've hit the sweet spot with regard to tattoos.
My 'Brucie smoking a pipe' goes down very well at parties.

4Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 14:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Visible tattoos can be too in your face, so I made sure my Bruce Forsyth tattoo was reasonably sized, and strategically placed, so as not to be offensive to others.

It offends people every time you forget to put pants on.

Tattoos In The Office 2Q==

5Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 14:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It offends people every time you forget to put pants on.

Tattoos In The Office 2Q==
But that's not mine! Where would he stick the pipe?

6Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 14:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I did consider getting one (a BWFC badge) for a while i'm a soft lad and didn't want the pain  Very Happy

I also once thought about this once, but didn't think I suited the 'tramp stamp' look.

7Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 14:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You admit to having large feet, Nat. But how large?

Are they an impediment to romance?

8Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 15:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

since i'm going bald maybe i should have one of these?

Tattoos In The Office 3d529b6c73c1fd79937f5460b95147d9

9Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 15:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You admit to having large feet, Nat. But how large?

You know the movie Big Foot Bonce?

Well it was modelled on Natasha! Very Happy

10Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 15:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not especially large by modern standards, size 10.

Nothing is an impediment to romance when you look like this.

11Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:You know the movie Big Foot Bonce?

I've not seen 'Big Foot Bonce', is it on Netflix?

Who plays Bonce, Danny DeVito?

12Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 15:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've never understood the attraction of getting a tattoo.

Why would you want to permanently mark yourself?

Surely you would get sick of seeing it sooner or later?

I think of it like wearing the same top or pair of socks for everyday until the end of your life, surely after a while you would regret that you've done that to yourself?  I know I would.

I also assume there are tattoo fashions, that would date you, and lock you in.

What I mean is that have you ever notice someone of a certain age tends to keep their same hairstyle, like the same music, wear the same types of clothes - as they did in their prime - almost as though they become frozen in time even though they grow progressively older themselves.

I see it in myself too, I've never been big into music but when I do listen to something it tends to be stuff from the 70's and 80's, I wouldn't dream of wearing ripped jeans, or hoodies, nor would I ever have a 'top knot' hair style, or a ponytail or whatever.

I don't need a tattoo to remember my mam or dad, or when my daughter was born.  Neither do I want to have branded into my skin that I'm a Bolton fan - I've not seen Bolton painting it on the walls of the Reebok that they are a Sluffy fan, have you?

When my daughter was a teenager she wanted to have a tattoo or two but I said no.  I explained to her that when she was little she loved everything Barbie and probably would have had a Barbie tattoo if she could have had - would she still think it would be cool as a fifteen year old walking around school with a Barbie tattoo and everybody taking the piss out of her - obviously she wouldn't.

I told her that obviously I could stop her if she went behind my back and got one, or waited until she was eighteen and done the same - but at least it made her think that a tattoo is for life and not some drunken whim from Benidorm, or wherever the in place for youngsters was at the time.

As far as I know she hasn't got a tattoo, or at least a visible one from what I can see.

At the end of the day it is up to the individual, I just think it is basically a fashion accessary and fashions come and go, and if you are into fashions, don't you just throw them all out when next years fashion season comes around?

13Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 15:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You know what they say that it comes in three's - large feet, big hands and an Adams apple...

14Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 17:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:You know the movie Big Foot Bonce?

Razz

15Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 18:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My next door neighbour is full of tattoos. He looked good with them with him having a toned physique but I feel he’s gone a bit too far with them now having them on his hands and going up his neck.

I guess that once you have one you end up wanting more!

16Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Thu Jun 08 2023, 20:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bloody cheek! Anyone who played me on screen would have to have a lantern jaw, thick black hair, and eyes that could pierce a woman's heart at twenty paces.
The recent photo Fit issued by Padgate police station does me no justice whatsoever.

Tattoos In The Office Sei_37553901-9353

17Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Fri Jun 09 2023, 11:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:My next door neighbour is full of tattoos. He looked good with them with him having a toned physique but I feel he’s gone a bit too far with them now having them on his hands and going up his neck.

Why are you gawking out of your window at your next door neighbours body?

Does Mrs KP know about this?

18Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Fri Jun 09 2023, 11:54

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Working in the Marketing and Creative world here in New York it would be nigh on impossible to function without the tattoo brigade. Most people I know have one or more, especially in the ad agencies I work with as it seems to be part of the uniform. In fact, I’m inclined to think that it works to your advantage during the hiring process these days.

I don’t have one but once mentioned to Mrs McD that a BWFC logo would be the only thing that I wouldn’t tire of and are always guaranteed to be with me. No chance of growing tired of it. That clearly isn’t the case since we almost went out of business three years ago. Anyhow, she told me in no uncertain terms that I’m not getting one so that’s that.

19Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Fri Jun 09 2023, 12:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tattoos In The Office Il_fullxfull.1447256969_blfb

Very Happy

20Tattoos In The Office Empty Re: Tattoos In The Office Fri Jun 09 2023, 12:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:My next door neighbour is full of tattoos. He looked good with them with him having a toned physique but I feel he’s gone a bit too far with them now having them on his hands and going up his neck.

Why are you gawking out of your window at your next door neighbours body?

Does Mrs KP know about this?

Maybe I swing both ways and adore his sensual body? Shocked Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum