Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fabrice Muamba

+14
bwfc71
Bolton Nuts
Reebok_Rebel
Lofty_Love
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
chipbutty
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Fabrice Muamba Empty Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 11:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabrice Muamba will appear on a Christmas special of Strickly come dancing. I also saw that he hopes he can pkay again, maybe in a couple of years if his heart problem sorts itself and someone will take the risk with him.

2Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 11:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Every time I hear about him I wonder if we would have stayed up if he had not had his heart attack. Very selfish I know, and of course if we had stayed up Coyle would still be our manager and we would be bottom of the Prem now.

3Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 12:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Fabrice Muamba will appear on a Christmas special of Strickly come dancing. I also saw that he hopes he can pkay again, maybe in a couple of years if his heart problem sorts itself and someone will take the risk with him.

I can't see him ever playing again because if he did he would have to pay back the £4 million insurance that he was allegedly covered for. Anyone remember the case of Gary Bailey the former United keeper who prematurely retired from English football with a bad back? After a substantial insurance payout he returned to South Africa and then started playing again. He was pursued by the insurance company and had to pay back a substantial amount of his lump sum.

I like Fabrice but I can't see him winning the dancing competition. From what I saw of him on the football pitch I would liken his dance moves to that of a disjointed spider.

4Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Muamba the new Jade Goody? I'm starting to really dislike the fella.

5Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 13:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Every time I hear about him I wonder if we would have stayed up if he had not had his heart attack. Very selfish I know, and of course if we had stayed up Coyle would still be our manager and we would be bottom of the Prem now.

He wasn't even in the team at the time of the incident. He'd also been tweeting extremely childish things about in a "cryptic" manner about the manager and his selections.

So I suspect the answer is no.

I like the guy and I'm delighted he's able to do things like this, unfortunately with celebrity culture as it is he will probably incur some negative press from it.

6Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 14:14

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Fabs agent is putting his name forward for everything at the moment. First that "Celebrity" jungle bollocks and now this. Next up, Celebrity Big Brother no doubt! I actually hope Fab pulls out of this one as well, because I suspect all the guy really wants to do is relax & recover with his family.

7Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 14:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lt. Boon wrote: I actually hope Fab pulls out of this one as well, because I suspect all the guy really wants to do is relax & recover with his family.

I suspect he is loving every minute of it. Isn't his agent Max Clifford?

8Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 14:21

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Isn't his agent Max Clifford?

I hope not, can't stand that guy!

9Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 16:19

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Let's face it, he is being made into a 'celeb' because his heart stopped beating for 70 odd mins.

Mind you some of the other 'celebs' have even less claim to fame.

After his 'death' he had sympathy from all over the world and all the world's leaders. Obama, the prime minister of China (sorry mate I don't know your name) the Taliban asked to be kept up-dated of his progress every 30mins. The Pope cleared his diary for two weeks. The Queen had a room made available at a palace of his choice and then he got better, good, and that was that ........ or so I thought.

10Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 16:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see him being in the New Year Honours list.

11Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sad thing for us is that he is exactly what we need in this league. With Muamba in front of the back 4 OCs attacking strategy might well have worked and we could be up there near the top.

I don't blame him for cashing in, but I think that people will eventually get fed up with him.

12Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 17:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is Muamba the new Jade Goody? I'm starting to really dislike the fella.
I concur! Why doesn't he just keep his head below the trench level for a bit?

13Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 18:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It has become embarrassing, through little or no fault of Muamba's own. I can't bare comments like "Fabrice Muamba: forever a part of the Bolton family". What? Because he had a cardiac arrest? He spent half his four years at Bolton the target of heavy supporter criticism.

He was a massively influential player, whether beneficially or detrimentally. I'd love him back, only with Pratley and Andrews on the go, who wouldn't?

14Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 18:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Muamba was rubbish. There, I've said it.

15Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 18:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He couldn't shoot for toffee but he worked hard just in front of the back four. We have missed his energy if not his shooting.

16Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 18:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People also seem to forget in the days leading upto his celebrity near death he was on Twitter slagging off the manager for not picking him.

17Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 18:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps he was homesick but didn't want to admit it ?

18Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sat Nov 24 2012, 18:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:People also seem to forget in the days leading upto his celebrity near death he was on Twitter slagging off the manager for not picking him.

Already said that Nat.

scratch

19Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sun Nov 25 2012, 01:39

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:People also seem to forget in the days leading upto his celebrity near death he was on Twitter slagging off the manager for not picking him.

In what way does that make any difference to what anyone on here has said?

He made one slightly sulkish remark about a managers regime that has been shown to be error filled. A manager that you 'apparently' wanted out since day one.

But he still gave 100% on the field.

Literally the smallest basis for a grudge against someone ive ever seen...

20Fabrice Muamba Empty Re: Fabrice Muamba Sun Nov 25 2012, 08:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

In what way does that make any difference to what anyone on here has said?

He made one slightly sulkish remark about a managers regime that has been shown to be error filled. A manager that you 'apparently' wanted out since day one.

But he still gave 100% on the field.

Literally the smallest basis for a grudge against someone ive ever seen...

My grudge is the fact he has milked this near death experience for everything he can. I have no problem people milking a "talent" but the only talent on show here was the doctors who saved his life.

I brought up the Twitter incident because I'm sick of the media making out he was some great footballer who lived like a saint. In reality he was a waste of money, truly one of the worst players ever with the ball at his feet, and then went to Twitter when the manager quite rightly dropped him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum