Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exciting prospect!!

+8
Lofty_Love
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok_Rebel
Spirit of 58
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 00:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is what i'd like to do with Cameron and Osborne.

Shocked

22Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 10:05

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

People forget one thing about Gordon Brown, he kept us out of the Euro!

Personally I'd chop my owd lad off before I'd vote for them two blue cunts! What does Camoron and Boy George know about the World of Bolton Nuts? Fuck Hall!

John Major is the main reason we are not in the Euro, he signed the legislation that allowed us to stay out of any single EU currency, so it was just as much the conservatives as the Labour party.

And his reason for doing it:

'we thought having a unification of monetary policy without a unification of fiscal policy would be likely to end in difficulties. We thought countries wouldn't control their deficits '

Must have visited mystic meg!

Only Britain and Denmark did this, pretty good thinking if you ask me.

The Torries have pretty much always be against the Euro, before Labour ever was. Labour have even mocked them for it in the past

I sound like im in love with The Conservatives here ha, im not, I just think they currently have the best policies.

Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 40033793-tory-boy-small

in all seriousness, I have no time whatsoever for Tories, they are all upper-class stuck up pricks who care about one thing and one thing only - the 1% of the population that can afford to wipe their arse's on twenty quid notes...

Austerity measures are in place now - who is suffering? is it the rich who can afford to lose a little extra cash, or the poorer and much larger section of society who have 'normal' jobs and families...

cuts to services.
cuts to the NHS
cuts to education

Who suffers from these cuts? not them, not by any measure.

I understand we have to make cuts, however do you think once we are out of recession that the Tories will allow us to benefit from it - will they fuck, taxes and cuts will still be the same...

the only people who will benefit from these measures is the 'select few'

The Tories are in it for the money (I feel, more so than any other party in the UK) they look after their own - the upper class 'old Etonian' types. we can all go and fuck ourselves as far as they are concerned.

they could make cuts that effect the rich, instead they have taken away this so called 'mansion tax' and cut the highest rate of tax...

wankers.

23Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 10:22

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The cuts affect everyone, lower and upper class, latest cut - reduced pension for higher earners.

We are in hundreds of billions of pounds worth of debt, of course there are going to have to be high cuts throughout the country.

It funny you mention that the Torries are in it for themselves, the recession hit us so badly because Labour never intervened with the banks, allowing them to loan ridiculous amounts - this is because it made the economy look good, it benefited Labour who looked as though they were building a successful economy easily, they actually ignored basic economic principles in order to gamble with our money in an attempt to be reelected (basically the scarified our economy to try to hold on to power longer), the lack of action is the reason we are in such a mess so I don't see how the Conservatives can be to blame for having to take drastic action, just a shame its about 5 years too late..
. And Tony Blair, the suspected war criminal, makes over £10 million per year so tell me how he isn't in it for himself?

I don't agree with all the Conservative cuts and policies (like education cuts), but they are improving the economy far more than Labour ever did, all Labour did was make it worse.

Why does them being posh make any difference? Should people be less worthy because they are from the north, south, a man, a woman or have a poor background or a wealthy background? of course not, no one says Richard Branson is a crap leader because he came from a wealthy background, personally I just want the best person for the job, whoever they are.

The top earners are not the issue with the economy - they will always make lots of money no matter what the tax is, if it ever became too high they would just move abroad which would be disastrous for us. During that whole bankers bonuses farce the UK economy lost hundreds of millions because the worth decreased, the best companies and businessmen don't want to work in a country where the are hated for being paid the wage they agreed on, we took a few million from someones bonus and lost hundreds of millions from the economy, have to look at the bigger picture. People will always earn huge, perhaps unfair amounts, but thats the reality we live in. Since its a football forum: its just the same as if a top wage cap was forced in the prem of say £100,000, all the top players would just move abroad, the league would become worse, and the prem would lose hundreds of millions in tv right etc.

Labours website sums them up perfectly, they don't even have a policies page, how am I mean't to support them if they won't tell me their policies? All they do is hope the Torries slip up and then jump on that - their doing the exact same thing that they did wrong in the first place, they refuse to make any decisions in fear of losing the public, no backbone at all.

I don't support any particular party, I just look at what they have delivered and chose the best one. I do find it outstanding that people seem to be so laid back about the mess Labour got us in to, people forget about the reasons this has been so bad, personally im extremely angry at Labour for totally fucking up our economy and then having the nerve to say it wasn't their fault it was world wide.. well Germany have managed to survive it a hell of a lot better than we did, how people aren't angry I just don't understand.

24Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Politicians are all as bad as one another. They promise you the earth when they are in opposition but as soon as they get in power they forget their promises.

I tend to go with whoever comes up with the best policies but none of them have ever delivered on their pledges.

25Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:12

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Reebok Trotter wrote:Politicians are all as bad as one another. They promise you the earth when they are in opposition but as soon as they get in power they forget their promises.

I tend to go with whoever comes up with the best policies but none of them have ever delivered on their pledges.

That's OK RT but can you imagine Ed Miliband as PM and representing this country on the world stage !

26Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I thought David Milliband was a much better choice to lead the Labour party but the Unions put their block votes behind Ed as they found him more ' Union friendly'.

27Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:34

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Lofty_Love wrote:The cuts affect everyone, lower and upper class, latest cut - reduced pension for higher earners.

We are in hundreds of billions of pounds worth of debt, of course there are going to have to be high cuts throughout the country.

It funny you mention that the Torries are in it for themselves, the recession hit us so badly because Labour never intervened with the banks, allowing them to loan ridiculous amounts - this is because it made the economy look good, it benefited Labour who looked as though they were building a successful economy easily, they actually ignored basic economic principles in order to gamble with our money in an attempt to be reelected (basically the scarified our economy to try to hold on to power longer), the lack of action is the reason we are in such a mess so I don't see how the Conservatives can be to blame for having to take drastic action, just a shame its about 5 years too late..
. And Tony Blair, the suspected war criminal, makes over £10 million per year so tell me how he isn't in it for himself?

I don't agree with all the Conservative cuts and policies (like education cuts), but they are improving the economy far more than Labour ever did, all Labour did was make it worse.

Why does them being posh make any difference? Should people be less worthy because they are from the north, south, a man, a woman or have a poor background or a wealthy background? of course not, no one says Richard Branson is a crap leader because he came from a wealthy background, personally I just want the best person for the job, whoever they are.

The top earners are not the issue with the economy - they will always make lots of money no matter what the tax is, if it ever became too high they would just move abroad which would be disastrous for us. During that whole bankers bonuses farce the UK economy lost hundreds of millions because the worth decreased, the best companies and businessmen don't want to work in a country where the are hated for being paid the wage they agreed on, we took a few million from someones bonus and lost hundreds of millions from the economy, have to look at the bigger picture. People will always earn huge, perhaps unfair amounts, but thats the reality we live in. Since its a football forum: its just the same as if a top wage cap was forced in the prem of say £100,000, all the top players would just move abroad, the league would become worse, and the prem would lose hundreds of millions in tv right etc.

Labours website sums them up perfectly, they don't even have a policies page, how am I mean't to support them if they won't tell me their policies? All they do is hope the Torries slip up and then jump on that - their doing the exact same thing that they did wrong in the first place, they refuse to make any decisions in fear of losing the public, no backbone at all.

I don't support any particular party, I just look at what they have delivered and chose the best one. I do find it outstanding that people seem to be so laid back about the mess Labour got us in to, people forget about the reasons this has been so bad, personally im extremely angry at Labour for totally fucking up our economy and then having the nerve to say it wasn't their fault it was world wide.. well Germany have managed to survive it a hell of a lot better than we did, how people aren't angry I just don't understand.

Well said Lofty ! Spot on !

28Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here is an example in my own borough. We used to have two full time day care centre for elderly pensioners who were disabled or suffering from dementia. One was in the south of the borough and the other in the north.

The clients used to get picked up in the morning by council run transport and ferried to the two centres. The centres were open from Monday to Sunday from 9.30 am to 4.30pm and both had full time chefs. It cost £11 per day and they used to get a proper hot lunchtime meal as well as their hair done and chiropody and a bath if needed. For some of them , it was the only contact they had with the outside world other than carers who used to come in, in the morning to get them up and give them their breakfast before they were collected to go to the daycare centres. They used to play Bingo and Dominoes and really looked forward to the trip out.

In 2010 the council closed the daycare centre in the south of the borough due to the cutbacks. All the clients would now go to the daycare centre in the north of the borough.

The daycare centre in the south which had only been built thirty years ago was sold to private developers who bulldozed it to make way for private accommodation.

It has now been revealed that the daycare centre in the north of the borough is closing in March.

Alternative facilities have been offered at the only Pathways centre in the borough. All of the Pathways clients are severely disabled and require 24 hour supervision. They have no canteen but they have been told that meals on wheels will bring hot food at lunchtime. There will be no facilities for hairdressers or chiropody or bathing.

It seems to me that the government do not give a fuck about old people. The fact that they have worked hard and paid their taxes and NI stamp all their lives seems to be ignored.

Anyone looking after an elderly relative with dementia really appreciated a couple of days a week where they were taken away and looked after. It gives them a bit of respite and the opportunity to go out and do a bit of shopping without having to worry about them.

It seems to me that these cuts affect the most vulnerable people in our society and I just do not see how it can be right.

We still give millions in economic aide to third world countries but don't seem to give a fcuk about our own kith and kin.

As Jimmy Greaves said, ' It's a funny old game'.

29Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am sorry but where have those figures come from???

This year alone over 350,000 Rumanian migrants have set up home in The Netherlands, and that is with restrictions. Next year they are looking at over 630,000 and thats just from Rumania. Not even mentioning Bulgaria as its similar figures!!!

So see its not the UK they are heading for. They will go to a country where there are jobs - they are not lazy fookers looking for easy money - majority of them want to work and want to have self-respect - but it seems so different in teh UK were people would rather sit on their fooking lazy fat arses and not work and get their dole and other benefits and then moan about migrants getting British jobs!!!!

Oh and Germany, they are not having any plain sailing whatsoever. VAT up, taxes up, benefits down and most of all the predicted growth for Germany this year alone is -0.2% and its nothing to do with the bailouts for Greece etc - its because of the downturn in manufacturing across the Western world!!! We are following Japan with their 15 years of virtual no growth.

Even here in Holland they are talking of raising the VAT to 27%, Health insurance has lost its givernment benefit so going up from €180/month to €300/month, benefits have been reduced by 25% and they are looking to reduce even more and benefits for classes and study courses have been completely withdrawn!!! Estimated growth for this year is -0.5%!!!

30Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:17

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

People forget one thing about Gordon Brown, he kept us out of the Euro!

Personally I'd chop my owd lad off before I'd vote for them two blue cunts! What does Camoron and Boy George know about the World of Bolton Nuts? Fuck Hall!

John Major is the main reason we are not in the Euro, he signed the legislation that allowed us to stay out of any single EU currency, so it was just as much the conservatives as the Labour party.

And his reason for doing it:

'we thought having a unification of monetary policy without a unification of fiscal policy would be likely to end in difficulties. We thought countries wouldn't control their deficits '

Must have visited mystic meg!

Only Britain and Denmark did this, pretty good thinking if you ask me.

The Torries have pretty much always be against the Euro, before Labour ever was. Labour have even mocked them for it in the past

I sound like im in love with The Conservatives here ha, im not, I just think they currently have the best policies.

Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 40033793-tory-boy-small

in all seriousness, I have no time whatsoever for Tories, they are all upper-class stuck up pricks who care about one thing and one thing only - the 1% of the population that can afford to wipe their arse's on twenty quid notes...

Austerity measures are in place now - who is suffering? is it the rich who can afford to lose a little extra cash, or the poorer and much larger section of society who have 'normal' jobs and families...

cuts to services.
cuts to the NHS
cuts to education

Who suffers from these cuts? not them, not by any measure.

I understand we have to make cuts, however do you think once we are out of recession that the Tories will allow us to benefit from it - will they fuck, taxes and cuts will still be the same...

the only people who will benefit from these measures is the 'select few'

The Tories are in it for the money (I feel, more so than any other party in the UK) they look after their own - the upper class 'old Etonian' types. we can all go and fuck ourselves as far as they are concerned.

they could make cuts that effect the rich, instead they have taken away this so called 'mansion tax' and cut the highest rate of tax...

wankers.

This is going to sound so stupid, but reality shows its right and I said this all along....

The Public service sector should not have been slaughtered to death, under the Tories, like it has been since they came to power. Cretaed, on average, about 1.5 million unemployed which then on top of the high unemployment figure already is realistically 3.5 million - I know official figures show only 2.5-2.75 million but how many are not allowed to claim, or dont even claim the dole money or any other benefits - and also do not forget that the way the figures are collated are askewed and have been since Major's days to show a lower figure than reality figure. But out of those made unemployed how many have found FULLTIME work in the private sector? How much more is being given out in Dole money? how much more in other benefits to keep families going?

They say the national debt is down by about 25% but the national is actually up by almost 40% in the same period, so our debt isnt actually falling but increasing - just the government using play on words!!!

31Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 09:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:I am sorry but where have those figures come from???

This year alone over 350,000 Rumanian migrants have set up home in The Netherlands, and that is with restrictions. Next year they are looking at over 630,000 and thats just from Rumania. Not even mentioning Bulgaria as its similar figures!!!

So see its not the UK they are heading for. They will go to a country where there are jobs - they are not lazy fookers looking for easy money - majority of them want to work and want to have self-respect - but it seems so different in teh UK were people would rather sit on their fooking lazy fat arses and not work and get their dole and other benefits and then moan about migrants getting British jobs!!!!

Oh and Germany, they are not having any plain sailing whatsoever. VAT up, taxes up, benefits down and most of all the predicted growth for Germany this year alone is -0.2% and its nothing to do with the bailouts for Greece etc - its because of the downturn in manufacturing across the Western world!!! We are following Japan with their 15 years of virtual no growth.

Even here in Holland they are talking of raising the VAT to 27%, Health insurance has lost its givernment benefit so going up from €180/month to €300/month, benefits have been reduced by 25% and they are looking to reduce even more and benefits for classes and study courses have been completely withdrawn!!! Estimated growth for this year is -0.5%!!!

Fine- you say they'll go to a country where there are jobs. But there are about 3 million already unemployed in the UK. There aren't jobs here. About 20% of kids between 17 and 21 are NEETS. There are no manufacturing jobs and to be in the service industries you need decent English. Many of the Poles who came here 5 years ago have gone back as there were only low level casual jobs for them.
If we get a major influx from Bulgaria/Rumania (no doubt with their families) -there are no jobs for them. So what will thy do? Sign on and add to the amount we pay for benefits. Last year that was about £200 billion- about one third of the tax revenue of the government.
It is NOT a happy prospect

32Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 09:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:

Fine- you say they'll go to a country where there are jobs. But there are about 3 million already unemployed in the UK. There aren't jobs here. About 20% of kids between 17 and 21 are NEETS. There are no manufacturing jobs and to be in the service industries you need decent English. Many of the Poles who came here 5 years ago have gone back as there were only low level casual jobs for them.
If we get a major influx from Bulgaria/Rumania (no doubt with their families) -there are no jobs for them. So what will thy do? Sign on and add to the amount we pay for benefits. Last year that was about £200 billion- about one third of the tax revenue of the government.
It is NOT a happy prospect

They also know that the UK government are tightening the benefits and reducing the benefits, as unlike our US cousins they do have a news system which tells them of the outside world!!! I know 2 Rumanian people, who live here in Holland, and even they say that the UK is not actually a prospect for their people - they are actually looking at Norway, Sweden, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary and even Poland - due to the closeness of their languages which are based on the historic Slav languages and because German is taught more than English in schools!

By the way you were wrong about the reason for Polish leaving as 5 years ago the Polish Government set up a new system to entice their citizens to return and work for much better pay than in the UK with better prospects, due to the fact they had lost too many workers to other EU countries (not just UK as Holland had the same amount of Poles as UK but in a much smaller country!!!) and the system is actually working - in fact the Polish economy is in a much better state than ours and prospering!!!

33Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 09:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So- I was in fact correct in that there were better prospects back home in Poland than there were in countries like the UK where the job prospects were poor. and remain poor

34Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 09:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Here is an example in my own borough. We used to have two full time day care centre for elderly pensioners who were disabled or suffering from dementia. One was in the south of the borough and the other in the north.

The clients used to get picked up in the morning by council run transport and ferried to the two centres. The centres were open from Monday to Sunday from 9.30 am to 4.30pm and both had full time chefs. It cost £11 per day and they used to get a proper hot lunchtime meal as well as their hair done and chiropody and a bath if needed. For some of them , it was the only contact they had with the outside world other than carers who used to come in, in the morning to get them up and give them their breakfast before they were collected to go to the daycare centres. They used to play Bingo and Dominoes and really looked forward to the trip out.

In 2010 the council closed the daycare centre in the south of the borough due to the cutbacks. All the clients would now go to the daycare centre in the north of the borough.

The daycare centre in the south which had only been built thirty years ago was sold to private developers who bulldozed it to make way for private accommodation.

It has now been revealed that the daycare centre in the north of the borough is closing in March.

Alternative facilities have been offered at the only Pathways centre in the borough. All of the Pathways clients are severely disabled and require 24 hour supervision. They have no canteen but they have been told that meals on wheels will bring hot food at lunchtime. There will be no facilities for hairdressers or chiropody or bathing.

It seems to me that the government do not give a fuck about old people. The fact that they have worked hard and paid their taxes and NI stamp all their lives seems to be ignored.

Anyone looking after an elderly relative with dementia really appreciated a couple of days a week where they were taken away and looked after. It gives them a bit of respite and the opportunity to go out and do a bit of shopping without having to worry about them.

It seems to me that these cuts affect the most vulnerable people in our society and I just do not see how it can be right.

We still give millions in economic aide to third world countries but don't seem to give a fcuk about our own kith and kin.

As Jimmy Greaves said, ' It's a funny old game'.

Fantastic Post, its so true...

but hey, the cuts effect everybody, I mean I would imagine the odd millionaire uses these services as well... Neutral

35Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 09:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Was this a decision by the local authority or by the government. It was thr local authority!!.
They made the decision to allocate resources elsewhere. Its the sort of things local authorities do to emphasise their political allegiances. They'll use the most vulnerable as a battering ram to show whats wrong with the government. Any local authority worth its salt would have allocated resources to this activity- but closing centres like this gives them too much publicity to blame someone else for their allegiance to a particular political cause. The ragged trousered philanthropist is ragged trousered no more.
Local politicians stink even more than national ones.

36Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

the ones who do want to work, come over here, take jobs of workers in the UK as they work for less.

about 200 of them rough it living in the same room for 3 years... then bugger off back home with all the money they have made and buy a house - this benefits our country how? people are losing their jobs due to this mass economic immigration, its about time the government stepped in and told them all to fuck off, British jobs for British workers...

The whole 'The British are lazy cunts who sit on their arses and dont want to work' argument is a whole different issue - yes there are scum-bags who are happy to leach of everyone else and have no intentions of working, but some people do want to work, but they are not going to do it when the system makes them better off on benefits than working for a pittance because 'some eastern-bloc guy will come and do the job for less'

I know you will say 'well they should work for what they can get then' - well no, they shouldn't these people are used to earning certain amounts of money doing a certain job - their bosses still charge the same for carrying jobs out but the 'cut' the employees get is smaller... again an example of our government allowing companies to fuck us over to make the select few at the top richer - they are allowing it to happen.

37Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As they are earning in the UK does it matter how many live in a house etc etc etc don't forget they will have been paying tax and NI, so they have been feeding into the system

When I first moved to The Netherlands I rented a small room in a house costing me €300/month, I did that for 15 months whilst I saved so I could get my own place. I shared that house with 6 Poles and 2 Kenyans (it was actually owned by one of the Kenyans and the other Kenyan was his brother!) - not bad for a 4 bed house!!! But they all wanted to work, they all got work, through job agencies and they paid into the system - still sending money home, as well as spending money here,to live (i.e. petrol, food, drink, going out, gym) so, to be fair, I can see no problem in that happening. Quite a number of Brits, myself included, do the same.

With Bulgaria and Romania you have to look at the histotrical links. there was virtually no link between the UK and these countries. They were influenced by the Yugoslav countries and more predominantly by the Austro-Hungarian Empire - hence the massive Germanic influence. In fact during WWII these countries were allied with Germany. Which is why the influx will be nowhere near as big as what many think - yes there will be some, but not as many as some are touting.

Poland on the other hand, we always have had close links, and always will - we actually went into WWII when Germany invaded Poland! Hence one of the reasons for the big influx - same goes for Greece.

If it was about the benefits etc etc etc for the influx of Eastern Europeans then howcome the Latvians, Lituanians, Estonians, Hungarians, Czechs and Slovaks not gone the UK in numbers?? It is all about hbistorical links.

38Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Was this a decision by the local authority or by the government. It was thr local authority!!.
They made the decision to allocate resources elsewhere. Its the sort of things local authorities do to emphasise their political allegiances. They'll use the most vulnerable as a battering ram to show whats wrong with the government. Any local authority worth its salt would have allocated resources to this activity- but closing centres like this gives them too much publicity to blame someone else for their allegiance to a particular political cause. The ragged trousered philanthropist is ragged trousered no more.
Local politicians stink even more than national ones.

The decision was taken by the local authority as part of the austerity measures. The council is Tory run. What really gets on my goat is that the council have started work on refurbishing and modernising the town hall at a cost of £11 million quid.

They also made a load of council gardeners redundant and the main cemetery no longer has a full-time gardener/handyman. It used to be well tended and maintained. Now, if we are lucky, some knucklehead comes round once a fortnight on a motorised lawnmower and ' mows ' the grass. Fcuking grass cuttings scattered everywhere as well as litter and piles and piles of leaves.

We used to have four police stations now we are down to only one that is open 24 hours a day. The other three are permanently shut with no public enquiry counter but we are told they are manned by a neighbourhood policing team ( who never work after midnight).

My local police station has been permanently shut for over 12 months and they don't even have a postbox. They assume all us old farts are on the internet or can just phone crimestoppers or fcuking tweet if we want to grass someone up. A lot of older people prefer to write to the police and hand deliver their letter but this option is not available in my town.

I reported the fact that they have no post box over 12 months ago and they still haven't installed one. Half the coppers you see are not even real. Mobile scarecrows with no powers just wearing a uniform to give the illusion there are plenty of coppers.

In Greater Manchester the Chief Constable, Pete Fahy declared that each police borough must do more to reduce crime and there would be a league table. Boroughs who achieved the best results would be rewarded. This year my borough was the best in GMP at reducing crime. The worst performing borough in Greater Manchester was Rochdale.

My boroughs reward ? For being so successful we are losing 18 front line officers as of January and they are being transferred to Rochdale! I'm sure the 18 coppers who worked hard to reduce crime are really thrilled to bits at being transferred to Rochdale. I bet they couldn't thank their bosses enough when they were given the good news.

Fahy was knighted for services to policing in the recent honours list. Go figure.

39Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 10:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

ah, I get it now.

Hitler invaded Poland in 1939, so that gives them the right to come and steal jobs of the British...

Of course I know they are paying tax - but they save money and then buy property in Poland with it.

so... they gain a house in their own country, all the while working for peanuts and taking a job of a UK worker as they will work for peanuts.

does not seem right too me...

40Exciting prospect!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Exciting prospect!! Fri Dec 07 2012, 11:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the same with the NHS. As far as I am concerned every borough should have a hospital. After all, isn't that what we pay our taxes and rates for ?

My own hospital used to a premature baby unit. It only had 12 beds but it was worth its weight in gold. The council decided to shut it down and all premature babies and their mothers are shipped off to Salford. Their was a massive protest but the council said it wasn't cost-effective.

Now they are planning to close down our local hospital entirely. They have signed a deal whereby clients can be dealt with at Wythenshawe, Salford or Bolton. This includes all A&E matters as well. The carrot that they have dangled to appease us, is that we will be able to see a consultant a lot quicker by having multiple hospitals to choose from. All well and good, but what if you don't drive or have transport?

Pensioners shouldn't have to catch several buses in the middle of winter to see some consultant miles away from their home address and they shouldn't have to pay expensive taxi fares either.

When the Shylocks letter drops through the door in March telling me what my rates are going to be for 2013 will I receive a rebate for losing my hospital and 18 front line police ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum