Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland

+19
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Norpig
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
wanderlust
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

With Freedmand making threats of letting some of the youth team players have a shot a the first team, will we see a different starting 11 on saturday to what we have previously seen under Dougie?

Sunderland are not exactly pulling up any trees in the prem so maybe we could catch them at a good time.

I'm going for a draw, taking it to a replay at the S.O.L. (2-2)

Last edited by aaron_bwfc on Sun Jan 06 2013, 11:58; edited 1 time in total

2FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:45

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would rather see us knocked out than draw and have to play in a replay. Odds on Sunderland would tear us a new one at the SOL

3FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd like to see some serious experimentation against Sunderland with Riley, Vela (if actually fit) Sordell, Wylde and perhaps Eaves getting a game. It doesn't matter if we lose, these guys need game time and DF needs to review his options under match conditions.

It would be even better if he used the game to try out a 3CB system which I think is the way forward with these defenders. I would even like to see Iliev getting on to try poach a goal or two.

Nothing to lose, lots to learn so why not take the opportunity with both hands? Checking out our options is way overdue.

4FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 13:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Can't argue with that, we having nothing to lose but it will give DF to see how far the youngsters have come.

Not keen on the 3 centre backs with our current set of defenders but it could work with Ream, Knight and Wheater but who do you have for cover on the wings, Eagles and petrov don't exactly put a shift in defence wise.

I'd like to see just what Riley, Sordell, Wylde and Eaves are like playing alongside each other.

5FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 13:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We will do nothing in the Cup this year so play the kids and concentrate on staying in the Champs. Of course Murphy's Law states that we will hammer Sunderland with the kids and Doogie will revert back to the donkey's for the next league game.

So Warnock & Butterfield have returned back to their home clubs ....I'm not sure they were much to shout about....what do you blokes think?

6FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 13:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Neither Warnock and Butters have been a sensation but we haven't got the biggest of squads, left back and centre mid is a problem at the moment so it could come back to bite us in the backside.

Whether we have a left back and a centre mid in the youth set up we can promote to the senior side remains to be seen.

7FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 13:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-0 to us.

8FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 13:27

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:We will do nothing in the Cup this year so play the kids and concentrate on staying in the Champs. Of course Murphy's Law states that we will hammer Sunderland with the kids and Doogie will revert back to the donkey's for the next league game.

So Warnock & Butterfield have returned back to their home clubs ....I'm not sure they were much to shout about....what do you blokes think?

If they were available on loan until the end of the season I'd have them both back.
As regards Sunderland- I'm not going and couldn't really give a toss. If Dougie came out and said that he's going to blood some of the reserve and young players I'd go just to have a look at them against serious opposition. If it's the same reverse gear players who have been underperforming all season- then, no thanks, I'll stay at home

9FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 14:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I doubt Sunderland will play their strongest side as survival in the prem will be their priority. That gives me hope that we can progress to the 4th round.

If they play their best side they will dick us.. I'm going for a 2-1 win for us!

Also, does anyone know whether there are replays in this cup? As they have been scrapped in the capital one cup.

10FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 14:16

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm going, but I expect to see two reserve teams on the pitch. It should still be a good contest, but unless we play a first team and they play a youth/reserve team, Sunderland should win. Not arsed if they do as we would only draw Spurs away in Round 4 and get dicked anyway.

If players like Riley do get a run out and do well, I hope Dougie will realise that the option to drop (or even sack) Tyrone Mears is there!

11FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 14:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Also, does anyone know whether there are replays in this cup? As they have been scrapped in the capital one cup.

I assume so - there as already been replays in previous rounds of the FA Cup this year.

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Jan 03 2013, 14:18; edited 1 time in total

12FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 14:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
terenceanne wrote:We will do nothing in the Cup this year so play the kids and concentrate on staying in the Champs. Of course Murphy's Law states that we will hammer Sunderland with the kids and Doogie will revert back to the donkey's for the next league game.

If they were available on loan until the end of the season I'd have them both back.

They are decent players but I think that given our financial and league position we need a reality check and to get on with the business of sorting out the wheat from the chaff and developing - or at least testing - the numerous players who are being paid on the basis of their potential. Then we'll know what we've really got. Spending money on and developing other teams' "players with potential" is killing us.

Afobe for example is taking our money and denying opportunities for Sordell and Iliev. Bowt time we stopped borrowing and started investing in ourselves.

13FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The vast majority of the ground is showing up as "Sold Out" on the online ticket service. In fact, there's very little availability at all.

I'm amazed so many want to see us play at home to Sunderland even at these prices, but there we go! I can't wait to see a packet out Reebok.

14FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:02

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This happened for me, but when I rung in the past there was free tickets available - Worth giving them a call

15FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The vast majority of the ground is showing up as "Sold Out" on the online ticket service. In fact, there's very little availability at all.

I'm amazed so many want to see us play at home to Sunderland even at these prices, but there we go! I can't wait to see a packet out Reebok.

Its a con. They are only selling tickets in the lower tiers. The upper tiers will only come up for sale if they have sold all the lower tier tickets. They are allocating Sunderland the whole of the South Stand lower.

16FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunderland have sold out as well

17FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Thu Jan 03 2013, 22:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club are trying to create an atmosphere by having the lower tiers full all around the ground. At £15 for adults and £5 for kids it's not a bad idea but it would be nice if they could just charge school kids a £1.

18FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Fri Jan 04 2013, 21:20

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm going tomorrow. I think it might be a good game, it will be interesting to see, whether some of our squaddies can make an impact. No

I think we'll cause a shock and Sordell will get a hat-trick, just in time for us to flog him to Cardiff, at a massive loss.

Bolton 3 Sunderland 1

19FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Fri Jan 04 2013, 21:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

20FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Fri Jan 04 2013, 21:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:The club are trying to create an atmosphere by having the lower tiers full all around the ground. At £15 for adults and £5 for kids it's not a bad idea but it would be nice if they could just charge school kids a £1.

I imagine the club may have done something like that but sadly we don't have a say in the matter.

The League cup it's up to the club what they charge, however the FA set a fixed price on minimum ticket prices for FA cup games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum