Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland

+19
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Norpig
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
wanderlust
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 18:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just in time to sell him to an opposing team. Sad

42FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 18:35

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wow, that game turned out to be a lot better than I was anticipating. A good performance, special mentions to Sordell & Lonergan. Get them both starting against Millwall please! Hope Riley is ok, we seem doomed to be stuck with Tyrone Mears for the rest of time. How bad was Sunderlands defence today! Made ours look half decent and that takes some doing. I can see them being in trouble this season in the PL if that's how they always defend. Disappointed we have to go to their place for a replay though. It will be tough and we just don't need the extra game. I wouldn't be unhappy if Dougie decided to make 11 changes when that game comes up.

Need to build on today first though and put in a good display against Millwall and make sure they don't do a season double over us.

Very poor attendance today as expected! Just over 12k, with about 4k from Sunderland!? Oh well, those who opted to stay home missed one of the better games we'll have at the Reebok this season! :biggrin:

43FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 18:49

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really enjoyed today's game. Sunderland were piss poor in the first half and Titus Bramble looks about 3 stone over weight. The Sunderland fans booed their team off at half time.

When we went 2-0 up in the second half, I honestly thought that we would have gone on to win the game, but oh no! This is Bolton we are talking about, fair do's to Sunderland and their very vocal fans, they pretty much dominated the second half and they were a totally different team that played so poorly in the first half.

Mears came on for Riley, because Riley got injured, I believe, it's a shame, as Riley was playing very well. For me, the biggest plus of the game, was Andy Lonergan, he made some great saves and he looks a decent keeper, maybe it's time Lonergan got his chance?

At least we are still in the cup and the 4th round draw! Smile

44FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was very impressed with us today, when I saw Pratley and Andrews in a 4 man midfield I got a bit worried but fair play they did well.

Sunderland were pretty poor in the first 50minutes but even at 2-0 I still knew we wouldn't hang on, I was gutted for Riley who looked good until he picked up the knock which took him off. The one player that looked totally uninterested today was SKD, he was piss poor and created very little.

45FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ngog and Sordell was working a treat. We played with pace and energy that exhausted Sunderland and made it difficult for them to get hold of the game. It also helped that Petrov was on fire and Chungy, who took his goal well showed further signs of a return to his best.

A stop had to be put to this after an hour with Sordell making way for Kevin Davies. A game that was refreshingly exciting and promising to watch from a Bolton perspective became a struggle from both a defensive and offensive point of view that was reminiscent of the dross we've been accustomed to this season. The loss of zip from the front left us under constant pressure for the remaining half hour that wasn't aided by the ever disastrous Tyrone Mears. The amount of chances Sunderland created from the left was criminal. Matters weren't helped ten minutes from time with Eagles coming on for Ngog, leaving Davies up top alone in a 4-5-1. Was Dougie seriously playing for a replay? Not that this was the best way to go about it since it only made us further exploitable.

In summary, a great cup tie that we for the best part bossed and would have won if not for some needless substitutions, but are instead arguably fortunate not to have thrown away.

46FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:21

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:Ngog and Sordell was working a treat. We played with pace and energy that exhausted Sunderland and made it difficult for them to get hold of the game. It also helped that Petrov was on fire and Chungy, who took his goal well showed further signs of a return to his best.

A stop had to be put to this after an hour with Sordell making way for Kevin Davies. A game that was refreshingly exciting and promising to watch from a Bolton perspective became a struggle from both a defensive and offensive point of view that was reminiscent of the dross we've been accustomed to this season. The loss of zip from the front left us under constant pressure for the remaining half hour that wasn't aided by the ever disastrous Tyrone Mears. The amount of chances Sunderland created from the left was criminal. Matters weren't helped ten minutes from time with Eagles coming on for Ngog, leaving Davies up top alone in a 4-5-1. Was Dougie seriously playing for a replay? Not that this was the best way to go about it since it only made us further exploitable.

In summary, a great cup tie that we for the best part bossed and would have won if not for some needless substitutions, but are instead arguably fortunate not to have thrown away.

Understood the Riley substitution, albeit a cone sometimes would help more than Mears... but did not understand the Sordell substitution. Did Sordell cry after playing 60 minutes and having scored a goal? If not, he should have stayed in. Poor decision.

47FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree about Sordell. He should have stayed on. Perhaps Dougie is saving him for next Saturday.

48FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:25

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:What about Marvellous Marvin? The lad has plenty of pace and can control the ball. Hope he starts against Millwall.

I'm glad he finally got a chance and scored. Good stuff. I was a bit surprised by his lack off pace at times though. A couple times he was outpaced by Sunderland players when he was already ahead of them. Probably lacks match fitness after hardly playing. Promising stuff though.

49FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:40

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I agree about Sordell. He should have stayed on. Perhaps Dougie is saving him for next Saturday.
Just in time for him to make his debut for Cardiff. Smile

50FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:50

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Culcheth_White wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I agree about Sordell. He should have stayed on. Perhaps Dougie is saving him for next Saturday.
I, for one, hope we keep him and play his butt off.

51FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 20:22

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Thanks BTID! I'll have a read!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

52FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 20:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

doffcocker wrote:Ngog and Sordell was working a treat. We played with pace and energy that exhausted Sunderland and made it difficult for them to get hold of the game. It also helped that Petrov was on fire and Chungy, who took his goal well showed further signs of a return to his best.

Nice match report. Appreciated.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

53FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 20:59

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great cup tie and some good performances all round, especially Lonergan and Ngog who worked hard all afternoon and showed some quality. Pity we couldn't sneak the win but enjoyed the game.

The Sunderland support was loud and ours was embarrassing, those that stayed away missed an entertaining game.

54FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 21:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

observer wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:
I, for one, hope we keep him and play his butt off.

My concern is that we've seen in the past Sordell's potential. He was in my opinion the best of a bad bunch at Burnley and played reasonably well in the following two home matches, even scoring a goal.

We potentially have to accept that pace, technique and a cool scoring record counts for nothing at Bolton if you're homesick, lazy in training or anything along those lines.

I'm confident normal service (4-5-1, Kevin Davies, no Petrov, no Sordell, no speed, no inspiration, just slow stop-start dross) will resume against Millwall, despite today's changes bringing about arguably our most impressive hour this season.

55FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sat Jan 05 2013, 21:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I heard a few rumours today that SKD is a bit pissed off at the signing of his new namesake from Barnsley. After seeing his lack luster performance when he came on for Marvin I think they maybe right.

Is it me or does Pratley seem a different player under Dougie, he has been knocking the ball round well in midfield recently.

56FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 11:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:I heard a few rumours today that SKD is a bit pissed off at the signing of his new namesake from Barnsley. After seeing his lack luster performance when he came on for Marvin I think they maybe right.

If true, SKD can piss off as far as I am concerned. He has been a great player for us but I still think we should have sold him last season when we had the chance. A few good moments so far this season do not justify him continuing to play a leading role.

57FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 11:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kevin Davies didn't do anything wrong yesterday. Let's give him shit though for a rumour someone has heard.

58FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 12:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I heard a comment yesterday that Sordell just got married. Is that right? If it is, I'm assuming he'll settle down a bit now, and earn more apearances. Even if he hasn't he should deserves more playing time.

59FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 12:31

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No interest in the FA Cup .... just looked at this now and read the various match reports. Seems like the new-look team gave them a game. The Ngog/Sordell upfront is something a few of us on here have been waiting for .... Riley unfortunate ...Lonnie Donnigan deserves a few games. Is it me or is this the first few changes that a lot of us on here were wanting to see?

SKD has to play every game by order of Bolton Town Counsil .... so no point discussing it.

Well we apparently played half-way decent against a Prem team ....so I suspect Doogie will change back to the same team who shipped 5 against Peterborough Mad

60FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 12:37

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ngog was poor. Sordell was better but looked slow and was fucked by the time he was subbed. He should start against Millwall imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum