Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland

+19
NickFazer
Bernard Dennis Park
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Norpig
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Sluffy
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
wanderlust
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 17:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll take your SKD point for now.

Youngters often have to move to another club to get a chance because their home team managment is too stupid to see the potential or lumbered by some political reason.

Not related to us: you have Sturridge can't get a game because the owner wants all big names in the team, Walcott can't get a kick and when he does he looks like a world beater...Liverpool pissed away 50 mill on Carroll & Henderson. I think football managers are no better judge of talent than we are ....for the most part.

82FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 17:22

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Walcott has been in the Arsenal team for ages, but they had Van Perise up front last year so he didn't start up front, now hes gone hes getting more chances, but he shouldn't have been the main striker last year just because he was younger than Van Persie, because Van Persie is miles better.

Sturridge was competing against Drogba and Anelka when he came to us, so he shouldn't have been playing up front because they were both better.

Your point of bringing players in who don't perform (Carroll and Henderson) kind of strengthens my point that bringing in young players and forcing them into the first 11 when they aren't ready is not a good thing.

Youngsters put on loans are usually not good enough before the loan to get into their parent clubs first team on a regular basis, players almost always reach their best years between 27-30.

You could take the City team now, morph them all back into the players they were at 18, I guarantee they would be relegated.

A player shouldn't be starting just because they are young if there are actually better options.

SKD has been better overall than Afobe, Sordell and N'gog this season, we shouldn't be thinking of getting rid of him until the summer. That doesn't mean we shouldn't bring Craig Davies in, we really need more striking options (non are goal scorers, you could arguee Sordell but not going off his time at Bolton), but we shouldn't be getting rid of our best striker just because hes old.

83FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 18:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone know how serious Riley's injury is? I was really hoping this would be his breakthrough game and Mears would be rested for the season, but it was not to be. What gets me is that Dougie wouldn't play Ricketts at RB when Mears was struggling, so I doubt Nation will get a chance even though he's played RB before. Riley is the only real contender for a regular spot I reckon.

84FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 19:39

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Anyone know how serious Riley's injury is? I was really hoping this would be his breakthrough game and Mears would be rested for the season, but it was not to be. What gets me is that Dougie wouldn't play Ricketts at RB when Mears was struggling, so I doubt Nation will get a chance even though he's played RB before. Riley is the only real contender for a regular spot I reckon.
Riley was playing really well until his injury. It looked minor to me, maybe hamstring? A little bird on twitter, tweeted me that Knight & Rickett's days may be numbered shortly!

85FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 19:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

SKD has had more playing time than Ngog, Sordell & Adofe all combined together. So I'm not sure it's fair to say he was better overall. To boot it's all perception as to if his poor running and ball control have actually cost us more goals then he scored. We have no outlet ball for example except the good ol hoof....which comes right back at us. All the usually arguments with that one....

Adofe is not ours so should be fourth in the rotation IMO.

I feel that the return of Holden, Wheater ....the new Davies upfront with Ngog/Sordell ...should give us a decent looking team. Too late for this season I reckon sadly.

86FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 19:53

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That Sunderland equalizer was one hell of a finish.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

87FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 20:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Culcheth_White wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Anyone know how serious Riley's injury is? I was really hoping this would be his breakthrough game and Mears would be rested for the season, but it was not to be. What gets me is that Dougie wouldn't play Ricketts at RB when Mears was struggling, so I doubt Nation will get a chance even though he's played RB before. Riley is the only real contender for a regular spot I reckon.
Riley was playing really well until his injury. It looked minor to me, maybe hamstring? A little bird on twitter, tweeted me that Knight & Rickett's days may be numbered shortly!

So we're keeping Mears and selling Ricketts? Shocked

88FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 20:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

Could you get more than taxi fare for Mears?

89FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Sun Jan 06 2013, 20:35

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:

I have no idea if we are keeping Mears, that's not what I said.

90FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Mon Jan 07 2013, 08:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Highlight of the match available on the multimedia part of the site

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

91FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks BTID.

Some cracking saves by LONNERS.

not great defending for their first goal, poor closing down from pets and their man beats 2 players.

92FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Mon Jan 07 2013, 13:57

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Thanks BTID.

not great defending for their first goal, poor closing down from pets and their man beats 2 players.
To say the least... not great defending... but the second was a beaut of a goal. The first one showed our tenacity in defending in front... should have not gotten a shot off at all. Thanks for the video Hipster.

93FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Mon Jan 07 2013, 14:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Thanks BTID.

Wasn't it Lee that ran off the line to close down with a girly twirl? Piss poor either way.

94FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Mon Jan 07 2013, 20:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our FA Cup third round replay against Sunderland will take place on Tuesday 15th January, 7.45pm kick-off at the Stadium of Light.

95FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Mon Jan 07 2013, 20:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Lonergan interview after Sunderland draw

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

96FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Tue Jan 08 2013, 20:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunderland are charging £15 for adults and £5 for OAP's and under 17's for our game next Tuesday night.

97FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Tue Jan 08 2013, 20:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And Sunderland is great because it's an automated turnstile system. If you pay full price, you're a fool!

98FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Tue Jan 08 2013, 20:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

OK, I'll have two adults, both female, both tall and blonde, preferably 20-25 years of age. Do they sent them through the post?

99FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's just a pity it's a bloody night match.

100FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup - Bolton 2-2 Sunderland Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Might take a gamble on this game, depending what time the coaches set off from the Bok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum