Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you have started with Sordell today?

+8
jayjay23
Sluffy
xmiles
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Simple question. With all the abuse he was always going to get from the South London not rights, he should have been the most motivated member of our squad. Would you have started with Sordell today (and leave either SKD or N'Gog on the bench)? Instead of a 10 minute cameo at the end...

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Yes, not just for the fact it was millwall but the lad scored last week too and look quite lively when he came on today aswell.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes.

Did Liverpool drop Suarez over 75,000 United fans? For a player to be dropped for fear of abuse off a 5% sector of a 17,000 crowd would be laughable! That said, I doubt he'd have played, regardless.

On a positive note, the backing he got from the Bolton fans was touching. I hope to hear he gives this a mention on Twatter.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sordell hasn't done enough IMO, to warrant a starting position at the moment, so I probably wouldn't have started him anyway.

No doubt If Cardiff offer around £2 million or so, in this window, he'll be on his bike.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would have started Sordell over K Davies. Now I'm not Davies bashing or anything but for most of the season he's seemed a bit too slow. When we are going forward its like he cant get the ball out of his feet quick enough and as for pace, well he's never had that but coped in the past. I do still think that he has something to offer but not warrant a starting position. When we are going forward and the ball comes to Davies, 8/10 times the opponents have time to pull back and gather together and our attack breaks up. I have seen this many times.

This is why i would have started Sordell over Davies.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

JonnyRandom wrote:I would have started Sordell over K Davies. Now I'm not Davies bashing or anything but for most of the season he's seemed a bit too slow. When we are going forward its like he cant get the ball out of his feet quick enough and as for pace, well he's never had that but coped in the past. I do still think that he has something to offer but not warrant a starting position. When we are going forward and the ball comes to Davies, 8/10 times the opponents have time to pull back and gather together and our attack breaks up. I have seen this many times.

This is why i would have started Sordell over Davies.

I agree.

Coyle could have picked this lot.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wonder why Pratley wasn't in the team - he seemed to be having the best games he's ever played for us in the last few matches - I think I would have stuck with him.

As for Sordell maybe that business at the New Den earlier this season may have been something of a factor?

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The few touches that Sordell had of the ball showed the difference of a quick thinking and technically able player. Having said that KD's best spell was the last 10 mins of the game.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our defence remains the primary problem as it has been for three seasons, but as far as attacking is concerned it's clear we can create chances but can't finish enough of them. Sordell hasn't been given a lengthy run to sharpen his game up and with C Davies on board (eventually) he's not likely to get one under the current management. But we do need more clinical strikers on the pitch and I'm up for more experimentation with the attacking combinations. Whether or not Sordell can fulfill his potential - and gets the opportunity to do so - remains to be seen, but what is clear is that what we're doing ATM ain't working.

I'm not sure what the management think they have to lose by experimenting. Presumably they are still expecting an immediate return to the Prem, but it's beyond me how they think that might happen by repeating the same failed experiment week-in week-out. At some point they might wake up and smell the coffee.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe people aren't more angry that our new signing couldn't even make the bench. It sent me over the edge yesterday and I threw my Babysham over the common folk below me in protest.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know perfectly well that DF is cautious about making any change and there was never a chance that CDavies would make the team. I'm not angry about it because there was never a chance of it happening.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes, instead of N'gog.

Admittedly I didn't go to the game (I couldn't) but from the highlights it looks like, once again, Davies was the better of our two strikers, he was part of every attacking highlight:

-Part of the play with Chung that got the penalty.
-Set the ball for Alonso who almost scored.
-Had a header cleared of the line in the last mins.(suppose it doesn't count since it was a header)

Why is it that just because hes old hes always seems the first to blame by a lot of people, when hes not on the pitch we have no attack at all!

N'gog and Davies aren't goal scorers, and shouldn't start together, but Davies is better.

Im hoping C.Davies is a goal scorer and Sordell gets back to form, then we will have some really good options.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:You know perfectly well that DF is cautious about making any change and there was never a chance that CDavies would make the team. I'm not angry about it because there was never a chance of it happening.

I just don't understand it. Ok, if he's not match fit then leave him out of the first 11, but you have to have a new signing on the bench particularly when they are a striker.

I remember when Allardyce signed that fat bugger Mario Jardel. He put him straight on the bench and brought him on with a few minutes left. Funniest 5 minutes of my life, but it got the crowd going.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:You know perfectly well that DF is cautious about making any change and there was never a chance that CDavies would make the team. I'm not angry about it because there was never a chance of it happening.

I just don't understand it. Ok, if he's not match fit then leave him out of the first 11, but you have to have a new signing on the bench particularly when they are a striker.

I remember when Allardyce signed that fat bugger Mario Jardel. He put him straight on the bench and brought him on with a few minutes left. Funniest 5 minutes of my life, but it got the crowd going.

Happy days when the world's top goalscorer came on. Knew he had "psychological problems" but hadn't realised what an obese lardass he'd become until that moment.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sordell should have definitely started. If only to piss the Millwall muppets off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum