Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker

+17
Michael Bolton
rammywhite
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Spillthebeans
xmiles
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Sgt. Bash
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 20:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Free agent again it seems!

Would you have him back?

Mick McCarthy has revealed that Nigel Reo-Coker won’t be staying at Portman Road.

The midfielder’s short term deal expires this weekend and he has turned down the opportunity of extending his time at the Club until the end of the season.

Reo-Coker was included in the squad for today’s game at Cardiff but didn’t travel after speaking to the Town boss.

"Nigel is not staying. Fair play to him, he came in suited and booted yesterday and ready to travel but he wants a longer term contract,” explained Mick.

“I understand that. I think he may have some other offers. He’s been great but if he not going to stay then there was no point in him travelling.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 20:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No thanks!

3Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 20:48

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He can certainly put a shift in, but he's certainly not coming back to Bolton.

4Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Holden, mavies and vela returning, along with spearing andrews and pratley we have enough midfielders.

5Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:18

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No, he couldn't fuck us off quick enough after our relegation. He thinks he's better than he is. Hope he ends up in League 1 or League 2.

6Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes please ::bellend::

7Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 21:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Same blokes who are screaming that the current crew doesn't have heart or passion don't want Reo back.....he worked his socks off and was truly fighting mad when we got relegated. All 11 should have quit last season.

So yes come on back ....and make him the Captain while your at it.

8Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 22:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Same blokes who are screaming that the current crew doesn't have heart or passion don't want Reo back.....he worked his socks off and was truly fighting mad when we got relegated. All 11 should have quit last season.

So yes come on back ....and make him the Captain while your at it.
What he said.

9Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 22:31

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I suspect he left because of the spineless twats he took the field with week after week last season - and the erstwhile twat who managed them! I'd have him back.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 22:40

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have him back cos he was a good player but he is still a bell end for turning his back on bwfc

11Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 22:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Once a bell end always a bell end

12Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 22:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think it's a misconception that Reo Coker forever gave 100%. He was occasionally a ball of energy that we so desperately lack at present, but it wasn't there near often enough.

It's not sour grapes. Diouf was a shit to the club, but would have him back in a heartbeat.

13Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Once a bell end always a bell end

This. He couldn't wait to jump ship as soon as we were relegated and he was the so called midfield lynch pin in our squad.

He is that fcuking good that when he became a free agent not a single premiership club would give him the time of day. He went to Ipswich because they were the only club with enough money to pay his wages.

He has been found wanting and that is why McCarthy is not prepared to keep him on.

Ask yourself this. If he was REALLY all he is cracked up to be, why isn't he playing in the premiership?

He talks the talk but he doesn't walk the walk.

14Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but can he hold his own in the Championship?

15Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Even if he came back would it make a difference?

Things seem so fucked up at the moment I am starting to wonder if it is possible to turn our season round. And by that I merely mean start to look like a decent footballing side not actually get into the play offs. Dougie has not exactly set the world on fire has he? Yes I will give him more time but how long before we see some real improvement in results?

16Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:but can he hold his own in the Championship?

He was incapable of holding his own at Ipswich. Just look at his track record. A legend in his own lunchbox until things go wrong and then it is everybody else's fault but his.

McCarthy has clearly sussed him out. Reo Coker did fcuk all for us if truth be told.

17Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:27

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I cant't stand the mother fucker for the way he shit on us when we got relegated, so as far as I'm concerned he can fuck right off and join wanker Coyle to bullshit about how good they are while they wait on the phone to ring.

18Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Blackpool appoint Coyle then I can see him turning up at Blackpool but neither he nor Coyle will get them promoted.

19Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spillthebeans wrote:I cant't stand the mother fucker for the way he shit on us when we got relegated, so as far as I'm concerned he can fuck right off and join wanker Coyle to bullshit about how good they are while they wait on the phone to ring.

Tell us how you really feel

20Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Nigel Reo Coker Sat Jan 12 2013, 23:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I wouldn't be keen to take him back but realisticaly he was our best midfielder last season and is head and shoulders above the likes of Pratley and Andrews.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum