Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Princess Royal cancels bolton trip!

+5
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
doffcocker
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Empty Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Tue Jan 22 2013, 12:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not that i'm surprised but here is the full story:-

Bolton was left disappointed today after The Princess Royal cancelled her visit to the town.

Princess Anne was due to officially open Bolton’s £30 million health, leisure and research centre Bolton One.

She was also due to visit the Royal Bolton Hospital’s £20 million neonatal and maternity centre of excellence.

The hospital visit was cancelled at about 9.30am today when a mechanical failure with Princess Anne's aircraft meant it could not take off.

Shortly after 11am, Bolton Council chief executive Sean Harriss told the assembled guests, including the Mayor of Bolton, Cllr Guy Harkin, that the whole visit had been cancelled.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10176249.Princess_Royal_cancels_visit_to_Bolton/

I'm not exactly gutted it's not happened but you would imagine their may have been another plance or even another mode of transport available for her to get here.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

She must have heard that I am still in town and I am not quite a Royalist (in fact I am very much anti-Royals!!!).

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is this straight from the horse's mouth?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who gives a monkeys?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who cares.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think she must have realised a lot of poeple who are scared of losing their jobs, or the citizens of bolton scared of losing their A n E would want to tear her a new one?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Princess who?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

She's a bad tempered, arrogant, old bat anyway.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I think she must have realised a lot of poeple who are scared of losing their jobs, or the citizens of bolton scared of losing their A n E would want to tear her a new one?

My sister and sister in law are both nurses at Townleys and I can confirm that plans are afoot to shut down the A & E and send emergencies to Salford Royal. Absolutely disgraceful.

10Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Empty Re: Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Tue Jan 22 2013, 17:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Is this straight from the horse's mouth?

Laughing

11Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Empty Re: Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Tue Jan 22 2013, 17:40

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I think she must have realised a lot of poeple who are scared of losing their jobs, or the citizens of bolton scared of losing their A n E would want to tear her a new one?

My sister and sister in law are both nurses at Townleys and I can confirm that plans are afoot to shut down the A & E and send emergencies to Salford Royal. Absolutely disgraceful.

If this happens il start a fucking riot!

Along with everyone else who has young children or elderly relatives dependent on it hopefully.

wonder what happened to the hospital in Mr David Cunterons constituency...

12Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Empty Re: Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Tue Jan 22 2013, 17:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Princess who?

Boggers, You're avatar looks a bit like her!

13Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Empty Re: Princess Royal cancels bolton trip! Tue Jan 22 2013, 18:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

If this happens il start a fucking riot!

Along with everyone else who has young children or elderly relatives dependent on it hopefully.

wonder what happened to the hospital in Mr David Cunterons constituency...

It's not all that many years since they closed down Bolton Infirmary off Chorley Road. All of these NHS boroughs which are signing up with other boroughs and forming trusts are deceiving the tax payers when they suggest the new systems are more efficient.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum