Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Wigan

+11
Nigerianbolton
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Dunkels King
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Banks of the Croal
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 14:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Oh no K Davies is starting instead of Muamba. I have a bad feeling about this and just hope I'm wrong.

42Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 14:47

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

01 Bogdan
02 Steinsson
12 Knight
18 Ricketts
31 Wheater
07 Eagles
10 Petrov
16 M Davies
19 Reo-Coker
14 K Davies
24 Ngog

Fcuk off Coyle you tosser, why the fcuk have you brought back Kevin Davies and left Muamba out?

I think you do it just to piss us off.

43Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 14:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Too lightweight.

Very Happy

apparently he's taken a knock.

44Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 15:49

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

This was a very discouraging 1st half to watch.

45Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 15:57

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If coyle makes no changes at half time we are down. This is a must win game. We simply cannot afford anything less than three points, and with the Dingles 3-0 up at half time they are putting space between us and them. It all loooked so promising a week or so ago, but this is diabolical. Already said, but why in gods name is Kevin Davies playing !

46Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 16:11

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Miyaichi on for Petrov at half time. Fingers crossed, but still Kevin Davies plods on.

47Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 16:53

Coyle is a useless twonk sometimes. Like the guy but he should learn 4-4-2 doesn't work and Zat Knight and K Davies are lumps and need to get dropped

48Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 17:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

That useless twat Coyle deserves all the abuse he is going to get. Dropping the 4-5-1 formation and playing Davies got us exactly what I feared. Davies wasn't even substituted until after he just avoided a red card. We are going down and there is no point in pretending otherwise - and yes we have had injury problems and a lot of players have underperformed but the ultimate blame lies with Coyle. His players, his selections, his tactics, his overall record as manager - just not good enough.

49Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 17:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ultimately Coyle is to blame, but the players really need to have a look at themselves.

That was about as bad a performance as i've seen in our premier league tenure.

50Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 17:58

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I don't know how anyone can be left in the "Coyle In" camp, his return to the 4-4-2 formation and leaving Muamba on the bench is nothing short of incredible.

We were dominated in midfield for virtually the whole match, I really do think Coyle has lost it.

51Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The only positive to be taken from this game is that the same side that played today probably won't play against Chelsea.

From start to finish, it felt like a catch 22 situation. We lose, it's dreadful news in terms of the table. We win, it will be the beginning of another cycle in which we have to go 10 games before Coyle realises 4-4-2 with Davies is shit. Such is the depressingly naive team selection policy of Owen Coyle.

52Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember 6 months ago when people were saying Muamba was one of the worst signings in premier league history.

scratch

53Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

To some extent that was right, only we have now learned that it was becasue he wasn't being given enough time to become consistent, and his midfield partner was chopped and changed incessantly.

54Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:11

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I remember 6 months ago when people were saying Muamba was one of the worst signings in premier league history.

scratch

Muamba is pretty rubbish, but right now rubbish is the best we have.

55Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've got to be kidding, he's played over a hundred games for us.

what I'm trying to say is fans generally think they know it all, when they definitely don't.

I include myself in that, though i was right about Zat Knight.

Then you have Mark Davies, who got dogs abuse for months, then he had 4 good games and people were raving about him, he'll take abuse again today because he was awful.

fans are fickle and are happy to write players off with 10-15 minutes of game time.

56Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

But playing Muamba six months ago was never as disastrous as playing Davies now in a 4-4-2 formation. That is suicidal as everybody but Coyle can see.

And speaking personally I have never slagged off Muamba or Mark Davies.

57Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:15

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You've got to be kidding, he's played over a hundred games for us.

what I'm trying to say is fans generally think they know it all, when they definitely don't.

Then you have Mark Davies, who got dogs abuse for months, then he had 4 good games and people were raving about him, he'll take abuse again today because he was awful.

fans are fickle and are happy to write players off with 10-15 minutes of game time.

Mark Davies is ok in a 5 man midfield, but absolutely useless in a 4 man midfield. Perhaps Coyle will realise this by next Christmas.

Football fans are fickle, it's been that way forever.

58Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quent wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:You've got to be kidding, he's played over a hundred games for us.

Mark Davies is ok in a 5 man midfield, but absolutely useless in a 4 man midfield. Perhaps Coyle will realise this by next Christmas.

Football fans are fickle, it's been that way forever.

I think Mark Davies needs to become a second triker, someone who sits in behind and pick the ball up in the hole.

he really doesn't have the skills to play in the middle IMO

59Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:32

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I think Mark Davies needs to become a second triker, someone who sits in behind and pick the ball up in the hole.

he really doesn't have the skills to play in the middle IMO

You may be right. Funnily enough I think Mark Davies would be a good player in a better team, but he just doesn't have the battling skills needed for a team in our position. He goes out of the game for long periods.

60Bolton 1-2 Wigan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Wigan Sat Feb 11 2012, 18:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hipster , I think your spot on there. mavies is a good player, but seems to lose it slightly when there is a ruck of players. He goes forward well and sitting behind the main striker is the right place.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum