Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Driving on Fog Lights

+6
Tigermin
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Driving on Fog Lights Empty Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 21:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've always wondered why some people have the fetish of driving on front fog lights. An illegal practice, are these people just ignorant of the law, inconsiderate to other drivers, attention seeking or just complete nobs? Nothing looks more ridiculous than dipped headlights and front fogs, am I missing a trick here?!

2Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 21:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is it about Volvo drivers? they seem to have their headlights on all the time, even in broad daylight.

3Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 21:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I've always wondered why some people have the fetish of driving on front fog lights. An illegal practice, are these people just ignorant of the law, inconsiderate to other drivers, attention seeking or just complete nobs? Nothing looks more ridiculous than dipped headlights and front fogs, am I missing a trick here?!

Dickheads mainly. I don't even know if I have a front foglight.

4Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 21:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

RT, I thought Volvos came as standard with their headlights turned on all the time. Something to do with the law in their 'home' country of Sweden. I believe you can have them altered but you have to pay for it

5Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 22:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Driving on Fog Lights 677999948

6Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 22:14

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:What is it about Volvo drivers? they seem to have their headlights on all the time, even in broad daylight.
I think the're on by default. Not 100% on that though.

7Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 22:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:RT, I thought Volvos came as standard with their headlights turned on all the time. Something to do with the law in their 'home' country of Sweden. I believe you can have them altered but you have to pay for it

Surely it must drain the battery ?

8Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 22:15

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I've always wondered why some people have the fetish of driving on front fog lights. An illegal practice, are these people just ignorant of the law, inconsiderate to other drivers, attention seeking or just complete nobs? Nothing looks more ridiculous than dipped headlights and front fogs, am I missing a trick here?!

Dickheads mainly. I don't even know if I have a front foglight.

Like bollox, you should have two!

9Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 22:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
gloswhite wrote:RT, I thought Volvos came as standard with their headlights turned on all the time. Something to do with the law in their 'home' country of Sweden. I believe you can have them altered but you have to pay for it

Surely it must drain the battery ?

Not if your engine's running and everything is in charging order.

10Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 22:18

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Volvos come with complete dick heads behind the wheel as standard ! Just observe which car is driving at 69 mph in the 3rd lane,which car pulls away after the lights have been on green for ever,which car has the most drivers wearing a flat cap and which car is always the one to blame for a queue. Watch out for them tomorrow you will see what I mean !!!

11Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Thu Feb 14 2013, 22:23

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Isn't it funny how various brands attract same sorts, I've always pigeon holed various "sorts"!

12Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 06:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree about Volvo drivers. They seem to be on a scale apart from other drivers.

13Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 08:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:

Volvos come with complete dick heads behind the wheel as standard ! Just observe which car is driving at 69 mph in the 3rd lane

The speed limit in this country is 70mph. I often drive at exactly 70mph in the outside lane. It's amazing how many drivers get angry at this - don't they know they're breaking the law by over-taking me? I just wave at them.

14Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 08:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So basically you are driving without due care and attention?

15Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 09:03

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Has anyone every been band or go points on there licence? Touch wood I have never been pulled or flashed.

16Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 09:08

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Over 30 odd years of driving I've had 3 speedin tickets.

17Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 09:41

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

Volvos come with complete dick heads behind the wheel as standard ! Just observe which car is driving at 69 mph in the 3rd lane

The speed limit in this country is 70mph. I often drive at exactly 70mph in the outside lane. It's amazing how many drivers get angry at this - don't they know they're breaking the law by over-taking me? I just wave at them.

You have to do at least 90 in the outside lane.

ive been sat in the middle doing 85 once and a police Range Rover actually overtook me...

I think, If your car is to slow to be unable to comfortably overtake without sitting in the outside lane for 3 hours matching the speed of the truck your overtaking, or capable of 100mph without shaking you to death and being on the rev limiter - you shouldn't be allowed on a motorway.

18Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 11:40

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I agree. When was the 70mph limit introduced? I bet it was the 60s or 70s. Car hav changed a lot in the last 15 years nevermind 40 years.

19Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 11:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

70mph is the speed limit, just because someone drives a fast powerful car doesn't mean they can go at 100mph.

If you lose control at 100mph you are going to kill someone - the penalties for speeding should be much stronger.

20Driving on Fog Lights Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri Feb 15 2013, 11:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:70mph is the speed limit, just because someone drives a fast powerful car doesn't mean they can go at 100mph.

If you lose control at 100mph you are going to kill someone - the penalties for speeding should be much stronger.
The 2nd and 3rd lane are for overtaking only, do you not know your highway code? Join the foglight brigade!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum