Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Driving on Fog Lights

+6
Tigermin
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

The 2nd and 3rd lane are for overtaking only, do you not know your highway code? Join the foglight brigade!

It's usually men with no hair and small knobs that drive at 100mph in flash cars. For obvious reasons.

22Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 12:04

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who would you rather be following on the motorway, a nice new car doing 100mph or a shitty little clapped out thing flooring it doing 60mph? I know which is more dangerous. I think the point system needs updating, you hear of people still driving with 20 points on there licence. Then you hear of people getting banned for doing 100mph, seems daft to me.

23Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 12:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:Who would you rather be following on the motorway, a nice new car doing 100mph or a shitty little clapped out thing flooring it doing 60mph? I know which is more dangerous. I think the point system needs updating, you hear of people still driving with 20 points on there licence. Then you hear of people getting banned for doing 100mph, seems daft to me.

You're an idiot if you think people driving new cars at 100mph are safer than people driving bangers at 60mph.

It's got nothing to do with the car, it's the dickheads driving them.

24Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 12:29

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WhiteBic wrote:Has anyone every been band or go points on there licence? Touch wood I have never been pulled or flashed.

Yep,

Quite a few over many years. I drive an Accord 2.2- not really flashy but it purrs along nicely at speeds above 70.

I drive up the M6 quite a lot and Cumbria police have their unmarked vans on the bridges to catch you all the time - north as well as south.

Sometimes there's not a car in sight- and yet they still get you.

Its not the £60 speeding ticket that gets you-it's the insurance companies that screw you afterwards for it.

In fact- next Monday I'm going on a speeding awareness course ( having been caught doing 46 in a rural 40 zone - the Grane Rd at Haslingden if anyone knows it).

I'll let you know if it was educational or not next week!

25Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did a speed awareness course a few years ago in Preston and it was brilliant. Bit of slapped wrists in the morning, but in the afternoon we were taken out by an advanced driving instructor cop who basically showed us how to drive as fast as possible within the legal limit. Bombing round the country roads near Chorley was excellent.
Re: Fog lights. You have to have an even number as my mate found out when we bought an Anglia for a fiver in Stirling to save on train fares to Bolton and drove it down without insurance, MOT etc. Busted near Carlisle on the way back for only having one fog lamp. Had to give false name and address and dump it in a supermarket car park in Glasgow where we knew it would get wrecked.
I had a Volvo estate in the early 80s as I couldn't afford a proper van for my restaurant so it was the next best thing for going to the cash & carry and Smithfield market. Lights on permanently. Like driving a tank.

26Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 12:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Re: Fog lights. You have to have an even number as my mate found out when we bought an Anglia for a fiver in Stirling to save on train fares to Bolton and drove it down without insurance, MOT etc. Busted near Carlisle on the way back for only having one fog lamp. Had to give false name and address and dump it in a supermarket car park in Glasgow where we knew it would get wrecked.

I hate criminals.

27Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 13:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I hate criminals.
Me too. They should all be made to drive Volvos.

28Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 16:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

The 2nd and 3rd lane are for overtaking only, do you not know your highway code? Join the foglight brigade!

It's usually men with no hair and small knobs that drive at 100mph in flash cars. For obvious reasons.
I don't suppose those with small knobs will be arsed, it's a known fact you can catch big fish with a little worm!

29Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 16:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

Volvos come with complete dick heads behind the wheel as standard ! Just observe which car is driving at 69 mph in the 3rd lane

The speed limit in this country is 70mph. I often drive at exactly 70mph in the outside lane. It's amazing how many drivers get angry at this - don't they know they're breaking the law by over-taking me? I just wave at them.
Can just imagine Nat poodling along in the third lane at 70 in her '76 classic Datsun Cherry. Handbag on the choke lever, revving the bollox off, smoke billowing out the exhaust creating darkness, and modern cars following her with their fog lights on!

30Driving on Fog Lights - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving on Fog Lights Fri 15 Feb - 16:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Tigermin wrote:

Volvos come with complete dick heads behind the wheel as standard ! Just observe which car is driving at 69 mph in the 3rd lane

The speed limit in this country is 70mph. I often drive at exactly 70mph in the outside lane. It's amazing how many drivers get angry at this - don't they know they're breaking the law by over-taking me? I just wave at them.
Can just imagine Nat poodling along in the third lane at 70 in her '76 classic Datsun Cherry. Handbag on the choke lever, revving the bollox off, smoke billowing out the exhaust creating darkness, and modern cars following her with their fog lights on!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum