Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies hoping for a new contract!

+16
WhiteBic
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
Tigermin
JonnyRandom
Lyric Todkill
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Keegan
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I dare say this news may not please a few on here!

Bolton Wanderers captain Kevin Davies has revealed he is yet to be offered a new deal at the club.

The 35-year-old striker, who joined from Southampton in 2003, has featured 37 times this year but is out of contract in the summer.

"This is my 10th season but there is no offer of a contract at the minute," he told Late Kick Off North West.

"I think the club are obviously waiting and seeing where we are and if we can get back to the Premier League."

He added: "It's not about me, it's about the club, and I'll keep doing my best until the end of the season."

Davies was one of the few players to remain at the Reebok last summer after they were relegated from the Premier League, signing a new one-year deal.

The one-time England striker has scored six times this season and explained in October that he had begun to use yoga to keep fresh for matches.

Bolton are on a run of five wins in a row in the Championship, which leaves them three points adrift of the play-offs, and Davies' future could depend on what division they are in next season.

"We've struggled throughout the season to have any sort of consistency, but we managed to get the back-to-back wins and we've gone on from there.

"The way we're playing now and the manner we're winning games, we're not blowing teams away, but we're grinding results out which is pleasing.

"It just shows how quickly it can turn around - we've got some momentum."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd like Big Kev to stay at the club in some capacity, but his legs are long since gone. He will always be a Wanderers legend in my opinion, however I think his playing days are numbered.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we go up I'd offer him a new deal (1year)

He performs better in the Prem, oddly

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I'm hoping we don't offer him a new contract. His best days are past and he needs to move on.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd give him a one year contract on reduced terms if we go up, so he can ride off into the sunset as a Premiership player. If we don't - hasta la vista, SKD.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It seems a lot of fans want him to stay provided we go up. I'm curious as to what he has that would prove useful against the Ferdinands and the Zabaletas but not the Upsons and the Hanleys. I personally think this has been a better season for him than last. He usually doesn't capitalise on the additional time and space allowed in the Championship, but it has helped.
I don't know what his wages have been, but I doubt it represents value for money, particularly when you think what might have been had Ngog, Sordell and even Afobe been shown some constancy from the start. I find the decision to keep him on last summer representative of the club's lack of imagination in recent years. It's a "go with what we know best" mentality, where others have taken gambles on potentially more economical options in the market. The signings of CDavies and Medo typify this, to Dougie's credit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd cancel his contract today.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd cancel his contract today.

You'd Treat the club captain and legend with that much disrespect?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

funnily enough she used to do the exact oposite.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wouldn't, but I wouldn't renew it

Shouldn't have done last summer either

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pay as you play contract and use his as an impact sub around the 80th minute would be a good option

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Time to go,time to go, time to go,been good but time moves on ! Thanks Kev

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shearer was a great striker but he called it a day at 36. Very few centre forwards go on past 36 so I really don't see how we can justify giving SKD a further contract. He will always have my respect but we need to be looking at the younger players for the future.

I hope he gets the testimonial he deserves, and possibly a coaching contract he's been a model pro and I wish there were more like him.

Time to move on though, the wages can be better spent elsewhere for the future of the club.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:

Megson sold the club captain midseason and we all got over it without missing a beat.
Thanks Kev... have a lap of honor and hang his number up in the clubhouse if you want. Go the coaching route now.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Whilst I despair when I see his name in the starting line up I really do hope he gets another year.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Yes. He let his wife get away with some disgraceful comments. I'd send him packing today with a boot up the arse.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Id give him another deal, without fail.

all the Super Kev Bashers can simply fuck off, a player who for 10 years has played his socks off for the cause, been a model pro and done a lot for the town in general yet you would be happy to just send him packing? Fickle twats.

I hope he takes up a coaching role within the club and maybe manage us one day.

Sorry but I have 100% respect for super kev.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Id give him another deal, without fail.

all the Super Kev Bashers can simply fuck off, a player who for 10 years has played his socks off for the cause, been a model pro and done a lot for the town in general yet you would be happy to just send him packing? Fickle twats.

I hope he takes up a coaching role within the club and maybe manage us one day.

Sorry but I have 100% respect for super kev.

You make him out to be a Saint. He was getting paid big money you idiot, and still is.

He's done nothing all season, to give him a new contract based on his form of 5 years ago is ridiculous, even from you.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Truth is he has done nowt for 2-3 seasons, even his England cap was a sympathy cap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum