Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

English teacher wankers.

+13
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
chipbutty
jayjay23
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
Keegan
Soul Kitchen
WhiteBic
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 16:42

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If you are referring to this...

jayjay23 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Women can't drive, Women can't vote, They will be no pubs, Infact women can't even go out without there husbands.

Men are ok though, we can have 4 wives, I'm all for it .

As long as there not Mingers.

PS it should be their and not there ("their" being personal, whilst "there" is directional)

Apart from that, it sounds good and Natasha would not be allowed on any Wanderers forum, or any football forum! Wouls she be allowed to go to football matches?

Pretty condescending stuff, you should at least get it right if you're trying to look clever.

It's 'As long as they're not mingers'

And would not wouls

"They're" is they are which is correct in Scotts post for his second faux-pas which I completely missed as I was slightly miffed at the wrong spelling of the first faux-pas, being "their husbands" and not "there husbands"

But to try to correct my spelling is a laugh as it is a typing error and not a gramatical error - which is completely different, due to teh fact I was not taught to type and had to teach myself and as such spelling mistakes will happen, although if hand-written they would not occur!!

It should be...

Women can't drive, Women (women) can't vote, They (there) will be no pubs, Infact (in fact) women can't even go out without there (their) husbands.

Men are ok though, we can have 4 wives, I'm all for it .

As long as there (they're) not Mingers (mingers)

Please take a chill pill.
I was correcting the people who were attempting to correct you.
I thought that if they were going to try to correct you they should at least get it right themselves.
Plus, it was only done in humour. And, I would imagine, it was only in a light hearted way that the other two posters had pedantically pulled each other up.

I make loads of typo errors, speeling errors and all sorts of othet mistakes when I post in a forum. I don't care. You can cock up everthing you evr write for me, that is up to you. If you post something interesting or have a good debate then that's great. That is what matters.

On a more personal note. I do object to your childish remarks about hoping BH "twats me". How pathetic. You sound like Big Sharps.

22English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 17:41

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

English is my first language but I too cannot understand the use of 'of' when what they mean is 'have' as a previous poster pointed out.
This misuse of the language cannot be put down to a typo, it's just ignorant, thick and a sloppy way of speaking.
I'm by no means a stickler for the absolutely correct grammar and spelling, far from it. Freedom of expression and creativity must alway come first. But at the same time, may I say that the English language (which is made up of many other languages) is a beautiful language and should be kept that way and not let slide and become cheapened (is cheapened a word, I'm not sure). Anyway I hope you get my point which is let's keep high standards.

23English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:23

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

chipbutty wrote:
I'm by know means a stickler for the absolutely correct grammar and spelling, far from it.

Laughing

24English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:27

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Ahh, what a howler.
I just corrected it but too late for you to spot it.

As I said, my grammar and spelling is poor, but I do try and think it's important.

25English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I spotted it but I thought it was a deliberate faux pas on your part! Laughing

26English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:49

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No I must own up, it was a blunder.

Also looking back now, I typed 'My grammar and spelling is poor'.
That should be 'are poor' should it not?.

I freely admit my failings but as I say, I do try and think it's important to get it right.

27English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 18:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:
Ahh, what a howler.
I just corrected it but too late for you to spot it.

As I said, my grammar and spelling is poor, but I do try and think it's important.

Very Happy

28English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 19:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the trick is not to try and be a smart arse. Then it won't come back and bite you.

29English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 19:24

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

So would you be happy if 30 was your children's English teacher?

I wasn't trying to be smart just saying that there should be standards.

30English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 19:35

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

chipbutty wrote:
I'm by no means a stickler for the absolutely correct grammar and spelling, far from it.

Surely it should read "...for absolute correct grammar..."

But aside from that, my sentiments are the same as yours. We need to have some standard of English maintained so that the written word doesn't die. I know I make mistakes too. Somebody more sticklerish than me would rip apart everything I just wrote. It tends to be the same people who can't write that say things like...

"I lent a ruler off John". You mean you borrowed.

"You can't say more fairer than that."

And all the rest of it.

31English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 19:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:
So would you be happy if 30 was your children's English teacher?

I wasn't trying to be smart just saying that there should be standards.

I don't have kids but if he's qualified then yeah, why not.

I don't put too much stock in what people rite (hehe) on football forums.

32English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 19:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Insulting.

33English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 19:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Insulting.

lol!

34English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 20:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty sure you hang on my every word seeing as you've followed me every time I move forums.

Just admit it.

35English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 20:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not true tbh, I've never joined TW and only joined BA because BB was getting a bit quiet.

36English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 20:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not too concerned about the spelling or language terminology on a football forum but I do think it is important that our children are taught how to read and write properly.

A good English teacher is worth his/her weight in gold. We simply have to maintain standards. English is after all, an international language.

37English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel mistakes should be pointed out every now and again.

A bit of education never hurt anybody. Smile

38English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's very rare I come across a post I can't get the gist of for bad spelling/grammar.

We've got posters on here whose written English is poor but are good for the board regardless. Equally, the opposite is true.

39English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Many of the worlds problems stem from poor communications, (and spellings). English may be the international language of many, but have you ever been in a situation, abroad where the words are understood, but the meaning isn't, and the only way to fix this is to use more words ?. If you don't get it right, things will go downhill pretty quick. I have Norwegian relatives, and an innocuous remark by my brother, upset the whole bloody lot, and no matter how we tried to explain, they still decided to pick up their ball and bugger off. (Haven't spoken for about 3 years now.). If you don't spell it right, it may often appear as a completely different word to those who don't understand what you mean.

40English teacher wankers. - Page 2 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:33

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What was the comment your mother made?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum