Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

English teacher wankers.

+13
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
chipbutty
jayjay23
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
Keegan
Soul Kitchen
WhiteBic
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41English teacher wankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I genuinely don't know, because they wouldn't talk about it. My brother claims his comment couldn't have been anythying more than the usual family thing where we have a habit of taking the piss out of each other, but he doesn't remember saying anything overly insulting or outrageous.

42English teacher wankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Shame really, I ws the only one of the family who still had to go over there on holiday Very Happy

43English teacher wankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“If language is not correct, then what is said is not what is meant; if what is said is not what is meant, then what must be done remains undone; if this remains undone, morals and art will deteriorate; if justice goes astray, the people will stand about in helpless confusion. Hence there must be no arbitrariness in what is said. This matters above everything.”

44English teacher wankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 21:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What he said Smile

45English teacher wankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 22:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote: If you don't get it right, things will go downhill pretty quick. I have Norwegian relatives, and an innocuous remark by my brother, upset the whole bloody lot, and no matter how we tried to explain, they still decided to pick up their ball and bugger off. (Haven't spoken for about 3 years now.). If you don't spell it right, it may often appear as a completely different word to those who don't understand what you mean.

A bit like this perhaps?

46English teacher wankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 22:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This one really tickled me!

47English teacher wankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: English teacher wankers. Tue Mar 19 2013, 22:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd forgotten the Aussie one - made me laugh.
This spelling pedantry business. It's one thing to notice other people's bad grammar and punctuation, another thing to be arsed about it, and yet another thing to see it as the natural evolution of an expanding language. I'm the first and the latter usually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum