Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knight to get new contract!?

+5
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Knight to get new contract!? Empty Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wtf is going on at the club - the tactics are fine, we want Knight to sign a new contract - are they on drugs or something?

ZAT Knight has called on Wanderers’ dressing room to stick together despite a stormy inquest into Saturday’s home defeat against Wigan Athletic.

Owen Coyle read the riot act to his under-performing team, and it is understood that a few players were told they would not be considered for next week’s FA Cup trip to Millwall.

Knight didn’t mince his words either, but the big defender believes the criticism should stay in-house if the Whites are to rediscover the kind of form that earned results against Liverpool and Arsenal.

“I am brassed off with the performance,” he said. “I am not going to pick people out, but everybody knows who they are. We are going to have to look at ourselves and pick it back up.

“As professionals, I don’t think we need to point fingers because we are just going to dig ourselves into a deeper and deeper hole.

“We need to look at ourselves and reach the heights we know we can reach – where we were two weeks ago when, to a man, we did brilliantly.”

As one of 10 senior players out of contract in the summer, Knight revealed that he is currently negotiating a deal to extend his contract.

And while a good few of those coming to the end of their deals may move on to pastures new, the 31-year-old does not think that should affect Wanderers’ chances of survival.

“I believe we can still do it,” he said. “There are 13 games left and plenty of chances to get out of it.

“We are professionals and enjoy what we are doing and enjoy playing in the Premier League. Some people are out of contract, but you never want relegation on your CV.

“Whatever reason we are playing for, everybody wants to be positive and everybody wants to stay up.”

After earning widespread plaudits with performances against Liverpool and Arsenal and lifting themselves out of the bottom three, successive defeats have now plunged Wanderers right back into the mire.

And Knight worries that some of the squad may have lost their focus in recent weeks.

“I believe one or two have switched off in those games,” he said of defeats against Norwich and Wigan. “People say we are looking a bit tired, but that is a big carrot to go for. To say ‘we have rubbed shoulders with those two teams – let’s go on from here’.

“The frustrating thing is that we know we can rub shoulders with the best teams, but we let ourselves down when we come against teams who are around us.”

After defeat to Swansea City back in October, it emerged that Nigel Reo-Coker had launched a dressing room blast at a team who, to that point, had won only two of their first 11 games. Knight reckons the mood in the camp after the derby was even more volatile.

“The dressing room is still united,” he said. “I don’t really see any holes in it. As long as we are united, I still have belief in us.

“But the situation is worse than maybe it was when we played Swansea in the league. There are less games to go and we are still right in it.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 19:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

christ almighty.

3Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 20:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Is that the band I hear playing ? (sounds like the Titanic theme)

4Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 20:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Oh for fuck sake, this is up there with giving Pratley a 3-4 year contract.

Wake up Coyle!

5Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 20:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

aaron_bwfc wrote:Oh for fuck sake, this is up there with giving Pratley a 3-4 year contract.

Wake up Coyle!

And offering Davies an extension instead of selling him.

6Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 20:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its all going to rat shit

7Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 22:42

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would extend his contract but be specific that he only used the money to get a one-way ticket out of the solar system!

8Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Mon Feb 13 2012, 22:59

Bolton Nuts

Admin

“I believe one or two have switched off in those games,” - KNIGHT.

HAHA.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

9Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Tue Feb 14 2012, 12:54

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's ok to give him a new contract. He is not all that bad you know. Premier experience, solid in enough ways. Could do with cutting out some bad habits. Probably should just be our back up player though. Not bad for a back up really.

10Knight to get new contract!? Empty Re: Knight to get new contract!? Tue Feb 14 2012, 12:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

They cannot be serious surely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum