Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking back on the season.

+11
SKDArmy
Lofty_Love
doffcocker
Bernard Dennis Park
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Jamster26
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 14:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loads of managers waste millions on players who turn out to be not as good as their hype. Shite buying isn't exclusive to Coyle because it happens all the time. I'd hate to think how much Redknapp has spent at QPR alone. Their wage bill must be phenomenal and yet they have sat in the bottom three for most of the season.

Some managers get it right but most don't.

62Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think we can all accept that RT but the thing with Coyle is that nearly every single one of his permanent signings - and remember this is with money that we no longer have to burn - as made the team worse!

How the fuck could he not see there was a desperate need to get a replacement for Holden in the January 2012 transfer window for instance?

What sort of research did he do before he blew or whole transfer budget on the clearly troubled Sordell who never featured for us last season when we needed his goals?

He even resigned players (on top wages no doubt) who were no longer up for it at the start of this season - Kevin Davies, Petrov and Knight - why? Everybody else could see they weren't what we needed!

He could even nurture any possible talent we had coming through.

Does anybody believe the likes of Ngog, Mills, Sordell or even Alonso and Holden been worth the money we not only spent to buy them (Holden apart) - but their wages too? I hate to think how much we've must have paid per minute on the pitch for Holden!

Is Pratley worth the five year deal Coyle give him?

Anybody pleased we signed Andrews?

Honestly, Coyle's was a disaster - is it any wonder he is still out of a job?

63Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 14:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Loads of managers waste millions on players who turn out to be not as good as their hype. Shite buying isn't exclusive to Coyle because it happens all the time. I'd hate to think how much Redknapp has spent at QPR alone. Their wage bill must be phenomenal and yet they have sat in the bottom three for most of the season.

Some managers get it right but most don't.
Welcome back RT. Voice of reason.

64Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 15:03

Sluffy wrote:Think we can all accept that RT but the thing with Coyle is that nearly every single one of his permanent signings - and remember this is with money that we no longer have to burn - as made the team worse!

How the fuck could he not see there was a desperate need to get a replacement for Holden in the January 2012 transfer window for instance?

What sort of research did he do before he blew or whole transfer budget on the clearly troubled Sordell who never featured for us last season when we needed his goals?

He even resigned players (on top wages no doubt) who were no longer up for it at the start of this season - Kevin Davies, Petrov and Knight - why? Everybody else could see they weren't what we needed!

He could even nurture any possible talent we had coming through.

Does anybody believe the likes of Ngog, Mills, Sordell or even Alonso and Holden been worth the money we not only spent to buy them (Holden apart) - but their wages too? I hate to think how much we've must have paid per minute on the pitch for Holden!

Is Pratley worth the five year deal Coyle give him?

Anybody pleased we signed Andrews?

Honestly, Coyle's was a disaster - is it any wonder he is still out of a job?

I think the problem's as much his failure to get anything like the best out of players.

Sordell was very highly rated at Watford, and clearly has talent but Coyle obviously had no idea how to handle him when it was clear his head wasn't right. Had he managed him better from the start we'd probably have had a better return at this point.

N'gog suffered from terrible conditioning under Coyle, hence the constant injuries and being in and out of the team as a result. This run under Dougie must be the most consistent run of games in his career, I don't doubt that's down to improved fitness. But he's never going to be worth what we've paid.

Holden is just desperately unlucky for both Coyle and Stu himself, for value in terms of talent for money spent it was an excellent signing, just badly unlucky to have got such nasty injuries.

Pratley and Mills are indefensible really, as is Andrews.

Coyle's problem was a real lack of imagination, buying on reputation more than anything else. Picking up players who had failed elsewhere and expecting them to pick up for us was naive at best, N'gog's never been a goalscorer and never will be, had he not played for Liverpool we'd never have signed him.

Picking up 'unknown' players who are desperate to play in England is a much better strategy, it just takes a good eye for talent to work out who's up to it and who isn't.

65Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 15:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BWFC: "I think the problem's as much his failure to get anything like the best out of players."
Exactly what I said, although it ended up as being about the "resale value" of the signings for some godforsaken reason. I think i also said that he stuck to a failing system for too long - and that certainly didn't help get the best out of the players. Doesn't matter now - he's gone, the system has changed, most of the players are still with us and maybe we'll get to see the ones that he bought for the future in the future.

66Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So if someone else had signed Mears, Mills etc they'd be world beaters by now?

67Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 15:56

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Freedman has seemed to get more out of players that were largely down as "not good enough" under the previous regimes. Players like Pratley, Knight, Alonso are all playing their best football at the moment I'd say.

68Looking back on the season. - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking back on the season. Mon Apr 15 2013, 16:13

Natasha Whittam wrote:So if someone else had signed Mears, Mills etc they'd be world beaters by now?

No Mears, Wylde (probably), Mills and Andrews will have to be written off as poor IMO.

Too early for Eaves though, he's done very well out on loan this season I want to see him given a first team chance now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum