Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted?

+20
Born to be a wanderer
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
bwfc71
SKDArmy
Triumph
wanderingstar606
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Angry Dad
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Jamster26
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Do you want to go up?

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 2 Vote_lcap82%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 82% [ 36 ]
Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 44

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Plus we'd undoubtedly sign 4 or 5.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The top of the Championship is better than the bottom of the Prem...I prefer the team we have now to last season's...

I can see both sides to be fair but for the money it would obviously be good long term, and the feeling if we don't get up will be shit, a summer of negativity from Nat etc, the uncertainty over how we'd fare next year and I think the division will be stronger with the clubs who are likely to come down. All of them have potential to go straight back up IMO, and the premier league weaker given who we'd go up with. I think both Hull and Cardiff will struggle.

I also think Dougie could bring in some decent players for us, possibly even get Dawson although I doubt it. There's no certainty we'd go back down.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard - I don't think Lee is a premier league player at the moment. Not since his injury anyway, He's shown in glimpses some of old-self but he's been quite average allot of the time I think.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm hoping he gets back to what he was.

wanderingstar606

wanderingstar606
David Ngog
David Ngog

I want to see us promoted purely for financial reasons. Just look at it as a cash grab.Even if we last one season, we will come back down stronger and more experienced ready to build on it for a push back up with the nucleus of a far better squad. Does anyone know what the situation is with Wheater ? Is he injured again ?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can only judge on what the state of affairs is today....not what it might be if we go up.
Our away form alone would do us in..... It's alright saying we will sign more players but so will our likely rivals. I think what most posters are saying is that if we do get up then are we really ready to stay up. Again looking at Swansea, West Brom, Southampton, etc....you get the feeling that those clubs have progressed...and not just on the park. Even QPR have done all they can as they depart the Prem. I can't say that about us ...we have been on a slide for a number of years IMO.
So I want to get up of course ......but yes we will struggle I believe.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Attractive football and great atmosphere, if we get promoted we could lose both but we have to go for it or what is the point?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Holden if he gets back to what he was, Mark Davies, Medo and Chungy are good enough for the premier league. The rest of our players I'm not sure about.

Mark Davies can't do it at Championship level to any consistent level, why would he do it in the PL?

And people need to wake up regarding Chung Lee. He's average at best. He can't cross and doesn't have a lot of pace, he'd be one of the first ones I'd offload in the Summer regardless of which league we are in.

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

wanderingstar606 wrote: Does anyone know what the situation is with Wheater ? Is he injured again ?

I think Wheats has a thigh strain or something like that but is back training this week

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Holden if he gets back to what he was, Mark Davies, Medo and Chungy are good enough for the premier league. The rest of our players I'm not sure about.

Mark Davies can't do it at Championship level to any consistent level, why would he do it in the PL?

And people need to wake up regarding Chung Lee. He's average at best. He can't cross and doesn't have a lot of pace, he'd be one of the first ones I'd offload in the Summer regardless of which league we are in.
You must have seen a different Chugy than I did yesterday, he was superb! ok second half was a little quieter but he still put ina performance,

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think Lee was great yesterday, to be honest. I don't think we've seen the old Lee yet this season. He's shown it in parts some glimpses of his old-self but he goes missing quite abit I think.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm hoping Freedman can get the best out of Mark Davies. No doubt he has the talent. Just needs a good manager to work out how to use him. Hopefully Dougie is the man to do that.

Chungy is good enough if he gets back to his best imo. And he is starting to show signs that he will be the player he was before his injury.

I probably would sell him if we got a decent offer though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hasn't he been fit for well over a year now?

You're clutching at straws.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I know I am.

It's the best I can do right now though.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:Going up will instantly help towards the debt, stay up, and we will be financially viable again, come straight down, and we be far healthier financially than we are now, so who in their right mind would not want us to go up, oh hang on.

We got into the debt because of our presence in the Premiership!

As soon as a club has gained promotion to a higher division they are automatically faced with paying higher prices for players, higher wages, higher fees etc etc etc.

I am NOT saying that we shouldn't go up, as I do want to see success but at what cost? Yes if we get promoted the money is good but it won't clear our debt, in fact it could actually compound the debt, when strengthening the squad - its a double edged sword when it comes to the finances.

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's a no brainer.Sure, it won't clear all of our debt, but it will sure help.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would love a day out at wembley , so yes!

bwfc71 wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Going up will instantly help towards the debt, stay up, and we will be financially viable again, come straight down, and we be far healthier financially than we are now, so who in their right mind would not want us to go up, oh hang on.

We got into the debt because of our presence in the Premiership!

As soon as a club has gained promotion to a higher division they are automatically faced with paying higher prices for players, higher wages, higher fees etc etc etc.

I am NOT saying that we shouldn't go up, as I do want to see success but at what cost? Yes if we get promoted the money is good but it won't clear our debt, in fact it could actually compound the debt, when strengthening the squad - its a double edged sword when it comes to the finances.

Nonsense, we got into debt because we spent money very poorly and gave out a load of big contracts to players with no sell on value who weren't good enough.

Look at the players we've made a profit on in the last 10 years, barely any. When a club like ours spend huge money on a player it either needs to give us a good return in terms of success and/or a fee for his eventual sale.

We got Elmander, who was shit and went for nothing. The money for his move was a result of Anelka a good example of spending money although I think we could have got more for him than we did.

It only compounds the debts if you're not smart about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum