Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted?

+20
Born to be a wanderer
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
bwfc71
SKDArmy
Triumph
wanderingstar606
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Angry Dad
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Jamster26
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Do you want to go up?

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 4 Vote_lcap82%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 82% [ 36 ]
Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 4 Vote_lcap18%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 18% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 44

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Born to be a wanderer wrote:Natasha slagging SA for finishing 6th,7th,7th and 8th over 4seasons. What a tit he brought some of the best players JJ for example who was a absolute delight to watch Youri D etc.

I wasn't slagging him as such, but he wasn't thinking about the future of BWFC when he bought all these older players to the club on massive wages.

Put it this way, would you rather have great sex once and never have sex again, or good sex for the rest of your life?

Allardyce's signings didn't get us into debt. It just left us with an old team that needed an overhaul and we appointed Sammy Lee, Megson and Coyle to do this.

None of them were good enough in the transfer market, even in Megon's case when he was given money the others weren't.

So we replaced an ageing side with over priced, players who weren't good enough.

A savvy manager like Allardyce or Dougie could have done the job, Lee, Megson and Coyle proved they couldn't.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

A savvy manager like Allardyce or Dougie could have done the job, Lee, Megson and Coyle proved they couldn't.

I don't agree. Fat Sam jumped ship when he realised the team was fucked. Too many over-the-hill players and not enough cash to replace them.

It was great while it lasted, but is the main reason we are in the debt we are. Although if Gartside had employed a better manager than Megson the debt wouldn't be as large.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I've got a feeling we will meet crystal palace in the play off,s.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Going up will instantly help towards the debt, stay up, and we will be financially viable again, come straight down, and we be far healthier financially than we are now, so who in their right mind would not want us to go up, oh hang on.

You're all basing your opinion on money - I don't give a shite about the cash, it's not like I'm getting any of it.

I'm talking about an entertainment point of view. Surely it's better to be a big(ish) fish in a small pond than a little tiddler in a big pond?
THIS

Everyone is banging on about money. That was not Nat's point. Martin said "whats the point of cheering a team that has no aim" but I don't think that is the point either. We the fans don't get any ACTUAL benefit from the club getting more money or paying off debts. Do we cheer at the ground when another million is knocked off the club debt? No, we don't. We cheer entertaining football and entertainment. That is what we ultimately go there for. And based purely on the fun of the game it's Championship all the way for me.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have had some good times in the Championship this season, but to play in the Premiership should be the pinnacle of any footballers career. The big money is in the Premiership and being a small club we need to be in there to make a decent butty.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:We have had some good times in the Championship this season, but to play in the Premiership should be the pinnacle of any footballers career.

Again, I couldn't give a shite about the players. You want to get promoted just so Zat Knight can enjoy the moment?

This is about entertaining me.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'll just add to that.

Best moments supporting Bolton Wanderers.

Beating Liverpool at Anfield when were were in Division 2. Then beating Villa, Everton, Norwich etc who were all in the Prem and we were lower league. Beating Swindon in the Coca Cola semi at Burnden Park. Coming back from 2-0 against Reading and winning in the play off final.

All these things happened when in the lower leagues. And they have not been surpassed since. You can't say that watching your team play in the lower league is any less entertaining. I have never had that feeling, adrenaline, that pure high feeling when watching us get mostly beaten for years and years in the Prem. The odd win against United or Villa doesn't make up for the week in week out feeling of enjoying going to the match on a Saturday.

We all know how dead the Reebok became in toward the end of our Prem time. We are just getting some fan motivation back.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By getting into the Premiership we can afford to attract and buy more 'entertaining' and 'exciting' players.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:By getting into the Premiership we can afford to attract and buy more 'entertaining' and 'exciting' players.

Like Elmander & Ngog?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:By getting into the Premiership we can afford to attract and buy more 'entertaining' and 'exciting' players.

Like Elmander & Ngog?

Like Okocha, Djorkaeff,Anelka.

Our years under Lee, Megson and Coyle weren't fun. But the Allardyce years were superb. The championship is not a sustainable place to be, eventually you'll either get relegated or promoted. I choose promotion and under Dougie I think we'll establish ourselves again. So long as we appoint a good successor to him and buy intelligently I see no reason why we can't be a good mid table side again soon.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Like Elmander & Ngog?

You keep harping back to the glory days. Have you forgotten the Megson/Coyle days? Where were all these quality players you speak of?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Like Elmander & Ngog?

You keep harping back to the glory days. Have you forgotten the Megson/Coyle days? Where were all these quality players you speak of?

You keep harping back to the shit days. Have you forgotten the Allardyce days? When we had all these quality players and played in Europe.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

in them days MRS RESPECTABLE (yes it was in caps) used to moan and moan about how BSA was a terrible manager and killing this club.

probably why there's no "harping"

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Any self respecting football fan would want to see their team play at the highest level. Under Allardyce I didn't give a **** about entertainment I just wanted 3 points and that's all it boils down to. Anybody who doesn't want their team to play at the highest level needs to examine whether they are actually fans of that team or whether they need to hang their stars on another interest!?

Hipster_Nebula wrote:in them days MRS RESPECTABLE (yes it was in caps) used to moan and moan about how BSA was a terrible manager and killing this club.

probably why there's no "harping"

So Natasha's always been completely miserable?

affraid

Biggie wrote:I'll just add to that.

Best moments supporting Bolton Wanderers.

Beating Liverpool at Anfield when were were in Division 2. Then beating Villa, Everton, Norwich etc who were all in the Prem and we were lower league. Beating Swindon in the Coca Cola semi at Burnden Park. Coming back from 2-0 against Reading and winning in the play off final.

All these things happened when in the lower leagues. And they have not been surpassed since. You can't say that watching your team play in the lower league is any less entertaining. I have never had that feeling, adrenaline, that pure high feeling when watching us get mostly beaten for years and years in the Prem. The odd win against United or Villa doesn't make up for the week in week out feeling of enjoying going to the match on a Saturday.

We all know how dead the Reebok became in toward the end of our Prem time. We are just getting some fan motivation back.

You're talking about a different era of football, I'm too young to have appreciated those days, but the gap between the premier league and the rest is only getting bigger. The longer we're out of it the further behind we'll fall.

The championship has only been entertaining when we're winning, it was shit before christmas.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Any self respecting football fan would want to see their team play at the highest level. Under Allardyce I didn't give a **** about entertainment I just wanted 3 points and that's all it boils down to. Anybody who doesn't want their team to play at the highest level needs to examine whether they are actually fans of that team or whether they need to hang their stars on another interest!?

Only an idiot goes to a football match for the 3 points. If you're not bothered about being entertained why don't you just stay at home and save your cash?

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Any self respecting football fan would want to see their team play at the highest level. Under Allardyce I didn't give a **** about entertainment I just wanted 3 points and that's all it boils down to. Anybody who doesn't want their team to play at the highest level needs to examine whether they are actually fans of that team or whether they need to hang their stars on another interest!?

Only an idiot goes to a football match for the 3 points. If you're not bothered about being entertained why don't you just stay at home and save your cash?

Some people enjoy winning.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Correct and I went from an early age cos I wanted to!
If that makes me an idiot I'll wear the badge, as opposed to womens'clothes!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

But Soul Kitchen isn't winning. The Bolton players are winning. He is simply someone who watches them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum