Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted?

+20
Born to be a wanderer
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
bwfc71
SKDArmy
Triumph
wanderingstar606
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
Angry Dad
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Jamster26
Sluffy
Bernard Dennis Park
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Michael Bolton
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Do you want to go up?

Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 5 Vote_lcap82%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 82% [ 36 ]
Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 5 Vote_lcap18%Do You Actually Want To Get Promoted? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 18% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 44

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Some people enjoy winning.

But Soul Kitchen isn't winning. The Bolton players are winning. He is simply someone who watches them.

So you expect fans to have no emotional response to the teams results?

Kind of defeats the point of supporting a team, and I thought the basis of your argument was the enjoyment of seeing us win not lose every week

The amount you've moaned throughout the season I'm amazed your now claiming to enjoy the championship.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I seriously doubt N goes watching or supports BWFC! File in WUM/TROLL bin!!Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

The championship has only been entertaining when we're winning, it was shit before christmas.

Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Kind of defeats the point of supporting a team, and I thought the basis of your argument was the enjoyment of seeing us win not lose every week

The amount you've moaned throughout the season I'm amazed your now claiming to enjoy the championship.

But if you don't care about the actual game, only the winning, what's the difference between sitting in the ground and sitting at home?

It's like going to the cinema and not caring what film you watch or how good it is. You go just so you can tell people you went. Weird.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

N you really need to feel the passion for winning! Perhaps your lack of it is a "girly" thing? I personally wouldn't allow women near a football or rugby pitch! Just my opinion like.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

But if you don't care about the actual game, only the winning, what's the difference between sitting in the ground and sitting at home?

It's like going to the cinema and not caring what film you watch or how good it is. You go just so you can tell people you went. Weird.

That is the worst analogy iv ever heard! How is telling your friends you saw a film a form of victory?

You've completely changed your point anyway, you were arguing championship over premiership now your're arguing for winning in style which is of course preferable to a boring 1-0.

Get back on topic ::rules::

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1874, I can feel your frustration, save your finger ends it's one of N's usual pointless wind ups!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Being very selfish in the matter, I want Bolton in the Premiership so I can see more games from the safety and comfort of my armchair. Championship coverage is shite.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderingstar606

wanderingstar606
David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:Just wanted to greet you 'Wandering' and bid you hello and welcome.

I've noticed you've viewed us regularly so I'm really pleased that you've decided now to dip your toe in the water and to make a few posts.

Hope to read loads more of your views and comments now that you've decided to join in.

Will you be going to Wembley if we when we get there in a few weeks?

Hi Sluffy, Thanks for the welcome, yes would love a trip to wembley, considering where we started from this season. Play offs are great for the neutral, but far too much riding on it to enjoy it if its your team involved, but like they say you got to be in it to win it !

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:in them days MRS RESPECTABLE (yes it was in caps) used to moan and moan about how BSA was a terrible manager and killing this club.

Seems she was right, if Fat Sam hadn't spent all our cash on fancy-dans we wouldn't be in this financial mess.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

That is the worst analogy iv ever heard! How is telling your friends you saw a film a form of victory?

But Soul Kitchen seem to take a Bolton win as a victory for him, when all he's doing is watching 11 men he's never met before run around a bit of grass. He may as well say that bus that just drove by was a victory for him.

It doesn't make sense to waste money on a match if all you care about is the result. You can get the result by staying at home. I like Twirls, but I don't need to see them being made to get the same taste.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

But Soul Kitchen seem to take a Bolton win as a victory for him, when all he's doing is watching 11 men he's never met before run around a bit of grass. He may as well say that bus that just drove by was a victory for him.

It doesn't make sense to waste money on a match if all you care about is the result. You can get the result by staying at home. I like Twirls, but I don't need to see them being made to get the same taste.

For every fan a victory for their team is a victory for them, I'm amazed you don't understand this. Do you not feel happy when we win and pissed off if we lose?

If we nicked a 1-0 home win against United having had to defend 90% of the game I'd enjoy that more than a 3-0 win over Barnsley, because it means more and is a far bigger achievement.

You really defeat the object of supporting a team if you don't feel as if you share a victory with them, in spite of having no physical part in it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

For every fan a victory for their team is a victory for them, I'm amazed you don't understand this. Do you not feel happy when we win and pissed off if we lose?

I get that, but if someone doesn't care about the style of victory why bother going? You can still feel like it's a victory for you sat at home in your three day old y-fronts.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

I get that, but if someone doesn't care about the style of victory why bother going? You can still feel like it's a victory for you sat at home in your three day old y-fronts.
That's the difference between male football supporters and women football "watchers", women are more interested in the legs and bodies of the players, men are interested in the win no matter what. I'll take two stuffy 1 nils and a place in the play offs now!Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
That's the difference between male football supporters and women football "watchers", women are more interested in the legs and bodies of the players, men are interested in the win no matter what. I'll take two stuffy 1 nils and a place in the play offs now!Very Happy

That's utter bullshit.

I tend to think that people who are happy with a shit performance as long as we win are the sort of people that have empty lives - they cling to the success of others and pretend it somehow has something to do with them.

SK, don't waste the rest of your life following other men, go out there and do something inspirational yourself.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

N. Been there, done it and got the t shirt while you were swimming around in your dad's sack! Now it's feet up time!! Very Happy
Perhaps you would like two exceptional performances and a play off miss?
BTW to be called a bullshitter by the bullshit queen is priceless.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you've settled for cheering on young men in shorts?

Pathetic.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lol, put whatever slant you like on it, it's all bullshit!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum