Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you and good bye to Kevin Davies

+7
SKDArmy
scottjames30
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
Bernard Dennis Park
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He was for me the first name on our team sheet for several seasons - he typified hard working Bolton - the sleeves rolled up, the 'we can do this' sort of attitude - especially against the likes of Arsenal – nice one Cyril!

There's no doubt he was after the money in the end and if he really did have something about him he would have told his woman to shut up and stop tweeting - but he obviously felt bitter we didn't want to pay him at 36 years old and as slow as Rik Waller, more hundreds of thousands of pounds to put in the bank with the many millions he already had.

It soured the memories for me.

He was the last of the great team that Allardyce built - he should have been leaving a legend but instead to me, he leaves as a duplicitous and a greedy bastard 'foreign mercenary' type player - only bothered about the money.

Thank you for all the great times you given us - but go now and count your fortune in the sun far, far away from the dark satanic mills of Bolton (well what’s left of them if any) no doubt never to return - as somehow I can't see you breaking your neck to fix up a testimonial for the charity of yours.

Farewell Team Davies, at least you will no longer have to work on Bank Holidays any more.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He got a good send off from the fans at the end.

Great player for us.

Super Super Kev...

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Shot in the dark here, Sluffy - but I guess you are no longer very fond of Super Kev?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He had a very good send off from the fans Smile

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sad to think he was the last of the Big Sam era, but yes he was.
We had some great times with Kev in the days of Okocha, Diouf, Anelka, Nolan days, I miss those good times.
But yes it was sad it ended sour. The way I saw it was that he wasn't good enough any more, he was just too slow and didn't score enough goals. He shouldn't take it bad that he wasn't getting a new contract, he had not a great deal to offer the club any more IMO.
But I would have liked to have seen him come on today.
In a way our failure today is a fitting way for Davies to leave. His time at the club ended on a negative note just as our season did.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Shot in the dark here, Sluffy - but I guess you are no longer very fond of Super Kev?

I was amongst his biggest fans until his behaviour around January.

Hardly short of a bob or two - no need to try to do the dirty on a club that made him rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Made himself look greedy and underhanded in my opinion.

And the way the club acted over the last few games it seems to me they thought the same - why else not even have him on the bench?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

tbh, we as a football club, love hard working centre forwards , or any player in a position.

SKD, was all that, he is a Bolton legend, that gave his all for us.

Long live Super Kev.

We will never forget.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seems genuine enough here... a bit sad, really. He's been a legend and I refuse to let his actions since being told his contract was not being renewed, tarnish that.
Thanks for the memories, Kev.

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Not sure if I'm right or not I may have missed it but Kevin Davies shook hands with everyone on the pitch today apart from Dougie Freedman himself. Something definitely not right between them!

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

SKDArmy wrote:Not sure if I'm right or not I may have missed it but Kevin Davies shook hands with everyone on the pitch today apart from Dougie Freedman himself. Something definitely not right between them!

Never mind I must have just missed it! A mutual respect after all
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It was sad watching him walk round the pitch, knowing that he won't be involved in the club at all. Regardless of the money, he did well for us over a number of years, and I for one, wish him well for the future. (As an aside, why are his kids weraing American t-shirts, I thought he'd decided not to go to the States)

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't recall SKD doing anything particularly out of order. His wife was a knob, the club didn't handle it well, but as for SKD personally - can't think of anything he did wrong.
He has been a fantastic asset to our club and I wish him every success for the future.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He hired an agent, who made illegal approaches to other clubs, presumably with the intent of them showing interest in him and encouraging Bolton to give him another deal.

Clearly he did not want to leave Bolton - he could easily have gone to Sunderland or the States - so one can only assume he hired an agent for one thing only!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's a point where the KD arse-kissing turns my stomach.

Anybody would think he'd done ten years voluntary work then been asked to clean the reserves' boots from the comments on the club Facebook page tonight.

An excellent player and crucial part of a fantastic era, whose departure was long overdue.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:There's a point where the KD arse-kissing turns my stomach.

Anybody would think he'd done ten years voluntary work then been asked to clean the reserves' boots from the comments on the club Facebook page tonight.

An excellent player and crucial part of a fantastic era, whose departure was long overdue.
This.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That's real, Doffcocker. His emotion at leaving was also real and understandable, under the circumstances.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum