Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lazy Bastard Parents

+8
summercummings
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
Michael Bolton
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Yes and running over tramps or chav hunting.

22Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I'd ban 4x4s for people who have no need for them, unless you live/work in the country there's no need at all. Around me I only ever see women taking their kids to school in them, driving from one residential area to town is not a valid reason for owning a 4x4. They think this gives them the power to dominate the road. They are wrong. They take up too much space, block my view and are bad for the environment.
Couldn't agree more. Only twats drive 4x4s. They are nothing more than a "look at me, look at me" car. No one with half a brain would drive one, they're bloody petrol guzzlers and most of 'em look shit. We had a rep who left our company because we wouldn't sanction a 4x4 company car. He was a knob.
Couldn't give a fuck about the environment. If I have a crash and my kid is in the car with me then he is more likely to survive it than being crushed in a shitty little Eco city car. I also have 2 rather large dogs so need to the space for them in it. Its not a 'fuel guzzler' its a 1.6 so not terrible on fuel. Its practical and fits my needs nicely.

23Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:23

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I'd ban 4x4s for people who have no need for them, unless you live/work in the country there's no need at all. Around me I only ever see women taking their kids to school in them, driving from one residential area to town is not a valid reason for owning a 4x4. They think this gives them the power to dominate the road. They are wrong. They take up too much space, block my view and are bad for the environment.
Couldn't agree more. Only twats drive 4x4s. They are nothing more than a "look at me, look at me" car. No one with half a brain would drive one, they're bloody petrol guzzlers and most of 'em look shit. We had a rep who left our company because we wouldn't sanction a 4x4 company car. He was a knob.
Couldn't give a fuck about the environment. If I have a crash and my kid is in the car with me then he is more likely to survive it than being crushed in a shitty little Eco city car. I also have 2 rather large dogs so need to the space for them in it. Its not a 'fuel guzzler' its a 1.6 so not terrible on fuel. Its practical and fits my needs nicely.

If you don't live/work in the country where you may use it off road then it doesn't fit your needs Im afraid.

24Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
If you don't live/work in the country where you may use it off road then it doesn't fit your needs Im afraid.
And who are you to decide if it does or not? What would you recommend I got instead then? And how do you know I Dont live in the country?

25Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I walked to school in primary and high school, though my primary school was about 200 yards from my house but my high school was a good half hour walk, walked it home too. With all the bad press about kiddy fiddlers all over the show no wonder parents drive them to school.

26Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:And how do you know I Dont live in the country?
Because you'd have bragged about it by now.

27Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:33

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
And who are you to decide if it does or not? What would you recommend I got instead then? And how do you know I Dont live in the country?

I said 'IF YOU DON'T' so if you do in fact use if off road then it does fit your requirements.

But if you don't then in my opinion you can't justify owning a 4x4, it's completely pointless having such a big car that does the exact same a smaller one would do.

You talk about safety but anything/anyone you ploughed into would be completely fucked, for no good reason.

28Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote: Couldn't give a fuck about the environment. If I have a crash and my kid is in the car with me then he is more likely to survive it than being crushed in a shitty little Eco city car. I also have 2 rather large dogs so need to the space for them in it. Its not a 'fuel guzzler' its a 1.6 so not terrible on fuel. Its practical and fits my needs nicely.
The 4x4s aren't in the top 10% for safety, but plenty of cars big enough for a kid and two dogs are. You bought it to look flash, but you just look like a tit. And you should care about the environment, because the way things are headed your kid will be one of the first generation to go without energy.

29Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:42

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
I said 'IF YOU DON'T' so if you do in fact use if off road then it does fit your requirements. But if you don't then in my opinion you can't justify owning a 4x4, it's completely pointless having such a big car that does the exact same a smaller one would do. You talk about safety but anything/anyone you ploughed into would be completely fucked, for no good reason.
People hate 4x4s because they are renowned as child killing, environmental fucking monsters... however, mine is a 1.6 Litre - and its a good size too, I can fit the dogs in the back comfortably along with my son in front (back seat) and me and the Mrs up-front along with any shopping and luggage - its serves my needs well. I got it as it fits my needs. Other things I looked at were people carriers - the zafira and ford C Max to be exact - for the same level of spec, they were less economical AND weighed more, so in a crash would have caused a bit more damage wouldn't they? Yes, mine will be good in a crash for me and anybody in it with me, but surely you wouldn't just buy a car due to the damage it would do to somebody else but killed your kids, would you?

30Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 15:48

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
I said 'IF YOU DON'T' so if you do in fact use if off road then it does fit your requirements. But if you don't then in my opinion you can't justify owning a 4x4, it's completely pointless having such a big car that does the exact same a smaller one would do. You talk about safety but anything/anyone you ploughed into would be completely fucked, for no good reason.
People hate 4x4s because they are renowned as child killing, environmental fucking monsters... however, mine is a 1.6 Litre - and its a good size too, I can fit the dogs in the back comfortably along with my son in front (back seat) and me and the Mrs up-front along with any shopping and luggage - its serves my needs well. I got it as it fits my needs. Other things I looked at were people carriers - the zafira and ford C Max to be exact - for the same level of spec, they were less economical AND weighed more, so in a crash would have caused a bit more damage wouldn't they? Yes, mine will be good in a crash for me and anybody in it with me, but surely you wouldn't just buy a car due to the damage it would do to somebody else but killed your kids, would you?

I've already explained my opinion to you Rebel - if you don't use it off road then you have no need for it. You could have got an estate that would have done all of the things you've mentioned above.

31Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 16:10

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bought it to look flash, but you just look like a tit.

True for the majority of 4x4 owners unfortunately.

32Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 16:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:People hate 4x4s because they are renowned as child killing, environmental fucking monsters... however, mine is a 1.6 Litre -

Yeah but you must be filling up every 10 minutes with a small engine in a big car.

If you really loved your kid you'd buy a tank.

33Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 16:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

True for the majority of 4x4 owners unfortunately.

I also don't get convertibles. Fair enough if you live in a hot country, but the amount of twats over here that have them is unbelievable.

It can be -10 outside and pissing down but they'll still drive with the top down, just because they can.

Twats.

34Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 16:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Michael Bolton wrote:4*4 cars are excellent for driving off road.

And how many of them are actually driven anywhere but on roads? 1%?

35Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 16:15

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

RR - Just don't have a crash then.

36Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 16:28

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:People hate 4x4s because they are renowned as child killing, environmental fucking monsters... however, mine is a 1.6 Litre -

Yeah but you must be filling up every 10 minutes with a small engine in a big car.

If you really loved your kid you'd buy a tank.
you know a lot about cars for a woman and twat is not very lady like. Suspect

37Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 17:15

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My car is a 2.0l does this make me 20% more of a twat than rebel? I drive up a steep hill on the way to work so you can class it as "countryside". On the way home I free wheel to save fuel to make myself feel green and do my bit for the environment.

Last edited by WhiteBic on Mon May 20 2013, 17:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do you need to print this? Save some fucking trees)

38Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 17:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: Only twats drive 4x4s.

You got me again. I bought a 4x4 in 2008 because I have a family and a couple of dogs. I can honestly say I have never looked back. Much higher up, much better view when driving and much more comfortable, especially on long motorway journeys. My particular model has low CO2 emissions and the tax is only £270 annually.

A full tank costs about £100 and will get me about 450 miles. I don't use it to go round to the corner shop and I don't feel guilty in the slightest for having one.

39Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 17:24

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote: Only twats drive 4x4s.

You got me again. I bought a 4x4 in 2008 because I have a family and a couple of dogs. I can honestly say I have never looked back. Much higher up, much better view when driving and much more comfortable, especially on long motorway journeys. My particular model has low CO2 emissions and the tax is only £270 annually.

A full tank costs about £100 and will get me about 450 miles. I don't use it to go round to the corner shop and I don't feel guilty in the slightest for having one.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

40Lazy Bastard Parents - Page 2 Empty Re: Lazy Bastard Parents Mon May 20 2013, 17:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

Twat. Think of the children.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum