Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle to Wolves?

+16
rammywhite
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri May 24 2013, 16:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Victim of circumstance.

He gets the ball he scores a goal!

OCSWA!

22Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri May 24 2013, 16:14

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

WUM.

23Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri May 24 2013, 16:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that might have got a bite, now you've ruined it.

24Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri May 24 2013, 17:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He lowered the wage bill by less than he should. Within days of relegation he had re-signed Kevin Davies, which I thought epitomised his style in terms of squad building. No imagination. No sense of value for money.
Megson left us with an astronomical wage bill and several players that weren't good enough, which left Coyle's hands tied in some respects. Some circumstances were difficult, but he made terrible use of what opportunities he had to better the situation. He didn't shift a lot of the deadwood, and usually replaced the players that were moved on (or crocked) with equally uneconomical options. He wasn't one to search high and low for a bargain - most transfer targets tended to be obvious. His philosophy was very "go with what we know best" - he'd rather pay £4m for a player he knows to be ordinary than take a chance on a £1m player that could go either way. As a result we were left with an overpriced squad full of mediocrity.

If what Wolves want is an 18 month psychological boost to the players they already have, this is a good appointment for them. If they're looking for somebody to build an economical squad from scratch, he's the last person they should be looking at.

25Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri May 24 2013, 18:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a fucking wanker that relegated us, and he showed us all up at Wembley , end of.

26Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 04:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be confirmed tomorrow(Tuesday)Coyle will be unveiled as new Wolves manager, please Owen if you need a new defence can I suggest Mills, Mears, Ream, and Knight, thanks good luck and all that.

27Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 10:01

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:To be confirmed tomorrow(Tuesday)Coyle will be unveiled as new Wolves manager, please Owen if you need a new defence can I suggest Mills, Mears, Ream, and Knight, thanks good luck and all that.

and Holden if he needs a midfielder?

28Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 10:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

waynagain wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:To be confirmed tomorrow(Tuesday)Coyle will be unveiled as new Wolves manager, please Owen if you need a new defence can I suggest Mills, Mears, Ream, and Knight, thanks good luck and all that.

Steady there Waynagain- you're writing of Holden before he has had a chance to show whether he can still perform or not.
Give the boy until January and then we'll know whether he's crocked or not

29Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 10:34

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:
waynagain wrote:

Steady there Waynagain- you're writing of Holden before he has had a chance to show whether he can still perform or not.

Everybody is saying Coyle should take all the players he signed for us - they just conveniently forget he signed Stu.

30Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 10:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle is now the favourite for the post (5-6 on)

Just a thought. If you ran a football club and you knew who you would appoint as manager, you'd tell all your friends and family to go put a bet on...wouldn't you.

31Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 10:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Coyle is now the favourite for the post (5-6 on)

Just a thought. If you ran a football club and you knew who you would appoint as manager, you'd tell all your friends and family to go put a bet on...wouldn't you.

If I were the Wolves chairman, i'd stick a few hundred grand on whoever I appoint yes Very Happy

32Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 10:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

waynagain wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
waynagain wrote:

Everybody is saying Coyle should take all the players he signed for us - they just conveniently forget he signed Stu.

To be honest - and through no fault of his own - Holden as not been good value for money over the period of time he as been with us.

He's hardly played for us in nearly two years.

What we have paid him in wages for minutes on the pitch must be very high indeed.

33Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 12:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Wolves are an absolute joke, next to Blackburn.

34Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 12:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets hope they don't pass on the way up.

35Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Tue May 28 2013, 12:35

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
waynagain wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
waynagain wrote:

To be honest - and through no fault of his own - Holden as not been good value for money over the period of time he as been with us.

He's hardly played for us in nearly two years.

What we have paid him in wages for minutes on the pitch must be very high indeed.

But when he did play he was quality. Can't say that for some, Ngog was 4 million before we paid him a penny in wages. Now the club is going back to Leather and Big Sam's system of handling injuries, that has to stick in Gartside's throat to admit Sam had a better system than his replacements did.

36Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu May 30 2013, 17:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BBC Sport twitter - 10 mins ago -

Steve McClaren not granted interview for Wolves job, reports Pat Murphy, Steve Davis, Kenny Jackett & Uwe Rosler are trio in contention.

Seems the 'best manager he's ever been' is still waiting for somebody / anybody to phone him!

37Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu May 30 2013, 17:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sluffy wrote:BBC Sport twitter - 10 mins ago -

Steve McClaren not granted interview for Wolves job, reports Pat Murphy, Steve Davis, Kenny Jackett & Uwe Rosler are trio in contention.

Seems the 'best manager he's ever been' is still waiting for somebody / anybody to phone him!

Maybe he has pulled out of the running and wants the wigan post?

38Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu May 30 2013, 18:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle as I'm sure people remember played 4-4-2 all the time.

England did last night and this is some of the views about that system -

"Even though results haven't been great, I felt tactically England were maturing, but this is a step back to the dark ages of two lines of four.

"Don't like England playing this system. So easy to play against. Predictable and dated.

"It's not about playing in straight lines, it's about playing between the lines. Depth gives flexibility, passing alternatives, creativity."

Ok - it was Gary Lineker who said them but if he can see it, I'm certain everybody else can too!

I honestly doubt Coyle will get a job at a decent club until he's proved that he has more in his tactical locker at a lower league club first - and it's clear that he just hasn't got any other ideas in his head.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22707529

39Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu May 30 2013, 18:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lest we forget. Top 8 and FA cup semi.

fickle!

40Coyle to Wolves? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu May 30 2013, 18:15

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf