Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle to Wolves?

+16
rammywhite
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Coyle to Wolves? Empty Coyle to Wolves? Thu 23 May - 21:12

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The Lying Scot has had a second interview at Wolverhampton Wanderers today and is looking odds on for the job.

It's a shame because I don't mind Wolves.

If he gets it and then fails will he turn up at Wycombe next?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Peter Lansley, Midlands football correspondent for The Times and Wolves born and bred - tweeted the following about a hour ago -

Believe Owen Coyle has had his second interview at Wolves today. Be interesting to see who gets to meet Steve Morgan in final round ...

Believe Steve Davis interviewed well. But this week may be about compiling a short list to go with more definite candidates

Stan Collymore no less replied - Mentioned on air recently Coyle or Alex Rae. Either would be good surely? Young, motivated, and still have parachute ££££££

Seems Peter Lansley however isn't very keen to get Coyle though - his next tweet -

Alex Rae would be popular choice. Not sure Coyle a good fit.

Also a retweet he did from someone called mikey_bwoy (don't know who he is but he has 7,000 tweets but 30,000 followers!) - which was -

ANYONE but Coyle!

I think those who know football aren't very impressed with our Owen!

(latest Owen news - Joe McKee the lad he signed for both Burnley and ourselves - who never played a game for either of us as just be snapped up by Morton and Gregg Wylde who he went out of his way to sign from Rangers has been told not to train with the first team and is free to leave - but of course he has another two years left on the contract Coyle gave him and he won't leave because he won't get the same wages he is on anywhere else! - Thank you Owen)

3Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu 23 May - 21:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just as Natasha's Mole revealed...Was 16-1 yesterday, I checked just checked the odds and they are 3-1. Steve Davis is currently the fave.

4Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu 23 May - 21:20

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Steve Davis was interviewed at Burnley when Howe left.

When he didn't get the job he came out and said that he did the interview for experience and didn't have any intention of leaving Crewe Alex. Laughing

5Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu 23 May - 21:34

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I would love to see Coyle get the Wolves job and see just how good Coyle really thinks he is and his backroom staff, after a season.

I can't see Steve Morgan being more patient than Phil Gartside, btw.

6Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu 23 May - 22:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha's mole may have a bit of credence tbh. I have been looking at bookies odds on various websites and Coyle seems to be leading the pack as the favourite to get the job.

7Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu 23 May - 22:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well if he doesn't get the Wolves job there's always Blackburn. Laughing

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reading a Wolves forum tonight(after Nats tip off)and theres a few on there that claim to know club insiders, and the word is Coyle has shaken hands on a deal, subject to certain assurances( as long as he can take his goons is my guess) but this is great news for us, as he can come back and sign all the shit he left us with.

9Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 7:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we can get him to buy all the shite back he left us with then it'll be great for us.

I hope we get them in the cup and batter them 5-0.

10Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 7:48

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Please let this be right,he might re sign El Prat,mind you even Coyle cant be that fucking stupid

11Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 9:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes he can.

12Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 12:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Wolves fans want him...

Coyle was widely thought to have been the club’s first port of call yesterday as chief executive Jez Moxey and head of football Kevin Thelwell began a second round of interviews about the vacancy for a head coach.

And the 46-year-old Glaswegian has received a rock-solid show of support from readers and fans which has placed him well out in front of the other principal contenders.

With more than 7,000 votes cast in the Express & Star’s exclusive poll, the former Burnley and Bolton boss picked up nearly 44 per cent of the vote from readers.

The rising young Crewe boss Steve Davis came in second with 28.21 per cent, closely followed by the former England manager Steve McClaren on 23.36 per cent.

But drifting into the distance is Kenny Jackett, whose coincidental resignation from Millwall on the day Wolves sacked Dean Saunders saw him become established as an early leader on the bookies’ markets.

Jackett limped in with less than five per cent. The backing for Coyle, however, is given substance as it repeats the kind of support he was registering when we took our first soundings from Wolves fans a couple of weeks ago.

Since then, the club has revealed that for the first time in the club’s modern history they will be searching for a head coach, and not a traditional manager, to work in tandem with Thelwell.

They will be charged with the task of re-inventing Wolves’ footballing style and progress with a strong accent on youth as the club continues with its major investment in academy facilities.

But there is also a demand for a swift leap forward from League One – and Coyle’s success in taking Burnley into the previously unchartered waters of the Premier League in 2009 is a memory still resonating with supporters.

He is also credited with a stylish re-vamp of the Bolton team he then inherited from Gary Megson and which he led to safety in 2011.

That was before a crushing Wembley FA Cup semi-final defeat to Stoke appeared to de-stabilise his regime.

Moxey and Thelwell are expected to continue their more detailed talks with the main contenders over the next 48 hours

That will focus in on each candidate’s appraisal of how they would tackle the Wolves project. An appointment is expected next week.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/05/24/wolves-fans-want-owen-coyle-as-new-boss/

13Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 13:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Seems Nats mole is very much in the know.

We will soon see if Coyle has learned anything from his failure at bolton will he still be the same naive idiot that took us down.

Personally if he takes his band of merry men to Wolves then I can only see more failure for Owen.

14Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 14:11

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wonder if his first priority will be to cut the wage bill in half?

15Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 14:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His first priority will be to buy a bulk load of medicine.

16Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 14:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And to get short sleeve shirts.

17Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 14:40

waynagain wrote:I wonder if his first priority will be to cut the wage bill in half?

One of the few good things he did.

18Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 14:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:I wonder if his first priority will be to cut the wage bill in half?

With 17 players coming to the end of their contracts at the same time I'm fairly confident that anyone could have lowered the wage bill even me!

I wouldn't have then spoilt it by resigning Knight and Kevin Davies though!

19Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 14:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

bwfc1874 wrote:

Not really, by cutting in half he replaced it with a bunch of crap players, some of whom have rarely played (Wylde for example).

20Coyle to Wolves? Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri 24 May - 16:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone could've cut the wage bill and got us relegated.

It's a joke people give Coyle credit for this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum