Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle to Wolves?

+16
rammywhite
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
waynagain
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Coyle to Wolves? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Fri May 31 2013, 21:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Dan, just out of curiosity. If you were Wolves in their current predicament, would you hire Coyle or Megson?

I think Megson going to Wolves would work out similarly to at Bolton, Gary. We've seen time and time again that he can only work where the fans will stroke his ego. Otherwise, he goes out of his way to piss them off, from which point he's on a hiding to nothing. I can hardly imagine Wolves fans getting behind Megson after two relegations - his football's dire AND he's ex West Brom.

bwfc1874 made a great point yesterday - Bolton fans now have this warped idea that Megson knew what he was doing because he was ultra-defensive where Coyle was the other extreme. There was nothing tactically intelligent about the way Megson had us playing. He was every bit as clueless as Coyle but was marginally better in terms of results thanks to more favourable circumstances.

I think the Wolves fans would have got behind Coyle and there'd at least be a chance of his motivational skills which admittedly have a sell by date working some magic.

62Coyle to Wolves? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu Jun 06 2013, 00:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Coyle maybe in a job by the end of the week, wigan want to appoint a new man by the end of this week according to Whealan.

63Coyle to Wolves? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu Jun 06 2013, 01:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said coyle to Wigan was an in the know fact days ago.

People should take more notice of me

64Coyle to Wolves? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu Jun 06 2013, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Megson was ultra defensive which stabilised results but didn't do anything to progress the club or make the full use of the players and certainly didn't create any chance of a push up the table. Coyle saw this and went from one extreme to the other - pushing everyone on leaving us very exposed at the back.
Neither manager ever seemed to hit the right balance so it's like saying which of two bad managers would you prefer.
TBH both could have done well playing their systems with different players, Megson with a superb set of pacy forwards who could score on the break, and Coyle with a rock solid defence that could handle pressure and break aways. But neither manager played the right system for the players we had.

65Coyle to Wolves? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu Jun 06 2013, 15:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:I said coyle to Wigan was an in the know fact days ago.

You need to end statements like those with "ITK Fact!" to be taken seriously - ITK Fact!

See how that works?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

66Coyle to Wolves? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coyle to Wolves? Thu Jun 06 2013, 15:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I said coyle to Wigan was an in the know fact days ago.

You need to end statements like those with "ITK Fact!" to be taken seriously - ITK Fact!

See how that works?

Do you listen to me?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum