Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ngog and Sordell not good enough - Official(ish)

+12
Michael Bolton
Tigermin
Dinae Moe Humm
Norpig
scottjames30
waynagain
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
josh31
Bernard Dennis Park
wanderlust
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DOUGIE Freedman wants at least two new wingers on board by the start of the season in order to make Chris Eagles the centre of attention.

It is understood the Whites boss plans to play last season’s top scorer behind a main striker if he can land some quality signings over the summer.

Eagles finished last term with 12 goals, including three in his last three games. Freedman believes he could prove even more influential playing in the hole between midfield and attack, particularly with Mark Davies still some way short of a first-team return.

Much will depend on whether the Whites boss can add some competition on the wings.

Martin Petrov was sold off in January after concerns over his form and fitness, while the remaining two years of Gregg Wylde’s contract were also terminated officially this week.

That leaves Chung-Yong Lee as the only other recognised senior winger in the squad, although Marvin Sordell, Craig Davies and David Ngog have all played briefly in wider roles with varying success.

Academy products Chris Lester, recently capped by Northern Ireland Under-21s, and Samni Odelusi are also tipped to challenge next season.

Freedman has already strengthened his defence with full-back Marc Tierney and the signing of Alex Baptiste is still regarded as a formality at the Reebok despite a fresh wave of speculation yesterday that linked Crystal Palace with an attempt to hijack the deal.

He is also known to want at least one more striker after a lack of goals up front became a problem last season.

Eagles has an enviable scoring record at Championship level, notching 34 goals in his last three seasons in the second tier.

But Wanderers want him to play a more central role and have now started investigating potential signings on the flanks.

One of the names thought to be in the frame is West Ham youngster Rob Hall, who played just 36 minutes in a two-month loan spell last season.

Nottingham Forest are also in for the England Under-20 international who is currently out of contract at Upton Park.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a fairly liberal interpretation of the article Sluffy given that it says that it's wingers he's after. I guess it does say Ngog and Sordell not good enough to play as wingers, though. TBF neither of them have had much of an opportunity to play as an out and out striker as yet as both were used as supporting link up players last year. Seeing as both Lee and Eagles spend all their time cutting inside rather than trying to get behind defences and cross the ball, maybe Dougie is looking to revert to playing a bit wider than we did last year? Hope so. Last year we were so narrow in the final third there was inevitably a crowd scene on the edge of the opponents' box whenever we attacked.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ngog and Sordell are shit.

I really hope they both get sold.

Can't see anyone being stupid enough to pay for them though.

josh31

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sordell is much much worse than ngog, sordell is never on his toes

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well, the article says Eagles will play behind a main striker - so unless Freedman is playing three up front - with two wingers - then it looks to me as the it will be Eagles plus one from Davies, Ngog and Sordell who will be starting a match.

As Freedman bought Davies I doubt he doesn't think him good enough to play - therefore Ngog and Sordell look like the two who won't be playing.

Anyway if he thinks it is better to convert a winger to play up front than play the strikers he as already got, then it seems to suggest he isn't too happy about at least one of the £4 million strikers Owen bought - don't you think?

Thank you Owen.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sordell just needs to get his act together. He is not shit. Neither is Ngog. It's a potentially nifty partnership that was key in turning last season around.

What also worked was 4-4-2. This idea of Eagles in a 4-4-1-1 underwhelms me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Sordell just needs to get his act together. He is not shit. Neither is Ngog. It's a potentially nifty partnership that was key in turning last season around.

You watch a different game to me. I can't think of a single game last season where I came away thinking either of them had played well. Fine if they're banging in 20 goals a season but both are shit in front of goal.

We won't challenge next season unless we find someone who can score 15+ goals.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ngog had a good game against Charlton iirc.

And when he came on and then got sent off against Cardiff.

Struggling to think of any others.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Sordell just needs to get his act together. He is not shit. Neither is Ngog. It's a potentially nifty partnership that was key in turning last season around.

You watch a different game to me. I can't think of a single game last season where I came away thinking either of them had played well. Fine if they're banging in 20 goals a season but both are shit in front of goal.

We won't challenge next season unless we find someone who can score 15+ goals.

Sordell once scored 15 goals for Watford, aged 19. Then another 10 the following half a season. He's since had a year in which he inexplicably barely played. Hardly surprising that he wasn't banging them in left right in centre the following three months, but the potential has been on display.

josh31

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sordell scored 8 this season, 4 were penalties

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What about the Chilean guy Jara we were linked with?, he's a winger and gets in the Chilean national team.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

josh31 wrote:Sordell is much much worse than ngog, sordell is never on his toes

I think Sordell will score more though tbh,

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think that behind the front man will be Eagles best position, lets face it he never sticks to the wing anyway so let him come inside.

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Ngog is fucking ace, anyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:Ngog is fucking ace, anyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot.

Are you David Ngog?

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:Ngog is fucking ace, anyone who disagrees is a fucking idiot.

Are you David Ngog?

I wish I was.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ngog is far and away our most skillful player,he will be first on the team sheet every week next season.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think n'gog at this level should be unbelievable. I like him, it was crazy how little he started at times last season. I think the main reason he didn't start so often as coyle and freedman were scared to drop kev until near the end.

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Was Ngog ever actually fit? Sordell could have a future as a winger. Dont see us selling any of them, deffo need to buy one more though.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd keep Sordell, i think there are goals in him, as for Ngog he needs to pull the trigger a lot more, hopefully DF will sort this out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum