Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need a good speech opener!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I need a good speech opener! Empty I need a good speech opener! Thu Jun 27 2013, 23:54

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hi all,

Next week I have to give a speech to adults and kids about management at a football club. I wanted to open with something funny but nothing has come up yet in my brain.

I thought I would throw it open to you guys for ideas. 

Ideally I would start with "Alex Fergusson once said..." but I want the quote to lead to something funny.

2I need a good speech opener! Empty Re: I need a good speech opener! Fri Jun 28 2013, 07:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok I'll bite. Why would they ask you to give a talk about football management?

3I need a good speech opener! Empty Re: I need a good speech opener! Fri Jun 28 2013, 13:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"I'm the best public speaker I've ever been."

4I need a good speech opener! Empty Re: I need a good speech opener! Fri Jun 28 2013, 13:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Four score and seven years ago...

5I need a good speech opener! Empty Re: I need a good speech opener! Fri Jun 28 2013, 14:03

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

jayjay23 wrote:Hi all,

Next week I have to give a speech to adults and kids about management at a football club. I wanted to open with something funny but nothing has come up yet in my brain.

I thought I would throw it open to you guys for ideas. 

Ideally I would start with "Alex Fergusson once said..." but I want the quote to lead to something funny.

How about "Rodney Marsh once said George Best was the best player ever"

6I need a good speech opener! Empty Re: I need a good speech opener! Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:45

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Thanks guys but I think I'll do my own...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum