Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what team would you pick for saturday v QPR

+7
Bolton Nuts
Quent
xmiles
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Born to be a wanderer
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If Sordell is anything like Sturridge then play him.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And thats exactly what I mean by expecting too much, he clearly isnt Sturridge or he would have done better at Watford. Hes young, and looks like he has a lot of potential, but he isnt Sturridge.. yet

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Thing is, no one really knows until he's given a chance. For all we (and Coyle) know he might bang in a hat-trick against QPR and be a sensation. But we'll never know unless Coyle stops holding him back.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Quent wrote:Thing is, no one really knows until he's given a chance. For all we (and Coyle) know he might bang in a hat-trick against QPR and be a sensation. But we'll never know unless Coyle stops holding him back.

Exactly, no one knew how good Riley was until he was given a chance, now looks like one of the best right backs at the club which isn't the hardest thing in the world but still.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This isn't the same situation though, Riley and Sturridge hadn't had regular first team football, thats why people didn't know their capabilities, Sordell has, at Watford.

A Watford fan I know basically said he though Sordell is a good signing, he has his really good games, but then he has ones in which he hardly features.

Ill admit I personally don't know loads about Sordells play, but he seems like work in progress.

I would love him to have a big impact this season, but im certainly not getting my hopes up that the Watford striker we bought for three million will be the next Sturridge straight away.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Desperate times call for desperate measures but OC has an obligation to the kid not to heap the pressure of expectation on his head just yet. Sure we paid good money for him, but I don't think that throwing him in as a starter will do anything to improve the rest of the team - who really have to start playing a damn sight better now that there are no excuses left.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Desperate times call for desperate measures but OC has an obligation to the kid not to heap the pressure of expectation on his head just yet. Sure we paid good money for him, but I don't think that throwing him in as a starter will do anything to improve the rest of the team - who really have to start playing a damn sight better now that there are no excuses left.

Dear me, you need professional help Wanderlust.

This is professional football, not the war on terror. Sordell is a well paid footballer - he should damn well be dropped in at the deep end to see how he goes. What's the worst that can happen? Will be get shot by a sniper?

Whatever your profession, if you're at the top you have to experience pressure. If you can't hack it then change jobs. I didn't get to run my empire by crying when someone put me under pressure.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure you can provide me with all the professional help I need Natasha. I still don't see how throwing the kid in will help. Sordell isn't at the top of his profession - he's hopefully working his way up the pecking order as we speak. If you invest £3million it's an investment worth protecting and anyway isn't it time that the other "well-paid professionals" started playing like a team?
He could be Lionel Messi, but it will make f*** all difference if we continue to defend like strangers and attack like the impaired vision school.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Coyle goes for the same side as against City, we're doomed.

Ream did not do a job in the holding midfield role, Pratley is prat and Knight is in dreadful form.

----------Bogdan-----------

Riley-----Wheater----Ream-----Ricketts

Tuncay--MDavies--ReoCoker--Muamba--Myaichi

----------N'Gog/Sordell

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually think Ream could do a job as a DM. Definitely against lesser teams.

Against City well, no.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I like Doffcockers team.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum