Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Beards at the Catholic School

+9
Angry Dad
Mr Magoo
Banks of the Croal
Tigermin
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1No Beards at the Catholic School Empty No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 19:43

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Two fourteen year old Muslim lads have been sent home from a Catholic school in Accy because they won't shave off their beards! FFS I only shave once a week and I'd love to grow a tash for Movember!!!
Do they really need to abide by the school rules or is this a pre curser to parking in the bus lane on Deane Road?

2No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:39

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The parents knew the school rules before sending their children, so if there is any complaints its that the parents are disregarding to what they signed their children up to!!!!

Abide by the rules or ship out to another school with more relaxing rules - easy as having a piss!

So in this case it serves both the children and their parents right for breaking the rules!!!

3No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was at school you had to be clean shaven. It's about taking personal pride in your appearance. What were Muslim kids doing in a Catholic school? Shocked 

4No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some beards grow faster than others. I always carry Immac.

5No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:49

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote: What were Muslim kids doing in a Catholic school? Shocked 
ALL schools, no matter which religious denomination, have to take children from other religions (there is a set number) under laws that came about only a few years ago. It actually gives the school extra grant money to take them, yes even Muslim schools have to take children from other religions.

6No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:ALL schools, no matter which religious denomination, have to take children from other religions (there is a set number) under laws that came about only a few years ago.  It actually gives the school extra grant money to take them, yes even Muslim schools have to take children from other religions.
I just don't get it. Does that mean that there are one or two catholic kids knocking about in Muslim schools?

WTF are the education authorities playing at?

7No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 20:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:ALL schools, no matter which religious denomination, have to take children from other religions (there is a set number) under laws that came about only a few years ago.  It actually gives the school extra grant money to take them, yes even Muslim schools have to take children from other religions.
I just don't get it. Does that mean that there are one or two catholic kids knocking about in Muslim schools?
Possible or children from other religions!

Religion should NOT play a part in how a school is run. Yes Religion Education should be taught and ALL religions should have equal time but schools should be independent of religious bodies.

8No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 21:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

Religion should NOT play a part in how a school is run.  Yes Religion Education should be taught and ALL religions should have equal time but schools should be independent of religious bodies.

Being a devout atheist I couldn't agree more, nevertheless, we currently have Muslim, Catholic and Church of England schools, so it stands to reason that those schools are going to be biased and pump out their own particular doctrine.

My father is Catholic and my mother is C of E but we were all raised as C of E because my mother wasn't deeply religious and didn't want her kids brought up as ' God Botherers'.

My son was christened C of E and that's the only time he has been to Church but I wouldn't want him going to a Muslim school. If he came home wearing a turban he'd need to be making an appointment at A & E pretty sharpish to have it surgically removed.

9No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 21:57

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

RT
I think you should set up an Atheist School with chapters read from Alice in Wonderland instead of RE. What do you think?
When I was at school I purposely failed RE at mock o level stage to concentrate on real life subjects like Biology behind the bike sheds.

10No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:01

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I think these two are having a laugh and once again trying to plant another little seed of their culture without any due regard to other peoples' rules and traditions.

11No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Personally I think these two are having a laugh and once again trying to plant another little seed of their culture without any due regard to other peoples' rules and traditions.
Exactly. Give them an inch and they want a yard. ( A non metric term )

12No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:14

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Personally I think these two are having a laugh and once again trying to plant another little seed of their culture without any due regard to other peoples' rules and traditions.
Exactly. Give them an inch and they want a yard. ( A non metric term )
How about give um a millimetre and they'll take a 1000!!Wink 

13No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:RT
I think you should set up an Atheist School with chapters read from Alice in Wonderland instead of RE. What do you think?
When I was at school I purposely failed RE at mock o level stage to concentrate on real life subjects like Biology behind the bike sheds.
LOL reminds me of the time I sat in a RE class Test and only thing I wrote was my name - got lunchtime detention for it - and yes that was at Thornleigh a RC school!

14No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nothing will happen if they shaved their beards off. They won't die of cold or have Allah striking them down for lack of facial hair.

If they want to carry on going to that school then they should shave their frigging beards off, the religious nutcases.

Fourteen year olds with beards, what's that all about?

15No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
LOL  reminds me of the time I sat in a RE class Test and only thing I wrote was my name - got lunchtime detention for it - and yes that was at Thornleigh a RC school!
Don't put yourself down, you can't help being a thick bastard.

16No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:23

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Go to a different school that allows camel shaggers to sport beards,problem solved ??

17No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:26

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rules are Rules, all schools have them about dress code, appearance, behaviour, parents know or should know what they are.

Personally think they should apply to eveyone, religion is no excuse only time pupils should be excused is if they suffer from a illness. 

So f, ck em, either have a shave or find somewhere where they will take them

18No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:33

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Banks of the Croal wrote: 

So f, ck em, either have a shave or find somewhere where they will take them

I believe that there a few schools in Peshawar that would take them and welcome their beards.

19No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:35

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I went to a Catholic school, I never had a problem with the beards I met.:tongue2: :tongue2:

20No Beards at the Catholic School Empty Re: No Beards at the Catholic School Wed Oct 09 2013, 22:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mr Magoo wrote:I went to a Catholic school, I never had a problem with the beards I met.:tongue2: :tongue2:

Well I just hope that you haven't been too traumatised by them male teachers with beards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum