Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung-Yong Lee will come good at Bolton Wanderers, and won't be sold

+9
Whitesince63
doffcocker
terenceanne
gloswhite
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman has outlined the reasons why he believes Chung-Yong Lee has struggled in the Championship so far this season – and why the winger is now ready for lift-off.

The Wanderers boss issued a candid appraisal of his South Korean international, who was dropped to the bench after the last home game against Yeovil Town.

He admitted making a mistake by allowing Chung-Yong extra time off over the summer after playing for his country, and believes playing catch-up in training has affected his form.

Freedman believes the 25-year-old is yet to hit top fitness following a double leg break suffered playing in a pre-season friendly against Newport in July 2011 But the Scot also believes his Korean ace is about to come good – and ruled out any chance of him being sold before next summer’s World Cup finals.

“He is an exceptional player but he hasn’t found his top form since that broken leg,” Freedman told The Bolton News.

“And that has something to do with his recovery, including what happened last summer.

“But when he gets to the Christmas period you will see a top Chungy. Will he be going anywhere? Absolutely no chance. And I think Chungy realises that as well.

“He has a World Cup coming up and the last thing he needs is to be moving to a different country or a different club and maybe not playing. Chungy is a good lad and understands that.”

Chung-Yong played just 22 minutes of the pre-season schedule, coming on as a second half substitute in the defeat at Carlisle United.

He had played a handful of summer friendlies for Korea, and Freedman admits his condition in the opening weeks suffered as a result.

“I allowed him to stay in South Korea,” he said. “He played his last game on June 22 when he shouldn’t have done and I wasn’t too happy.

“I let him stay for another month but when he came back, he wasn’t fit.

“For the first three or four games because of injuries and suspensions, Chungy had to play more than he should have done when he wasn’t up to speed.

“So, I am going to take Chungy’s first six or seven games out of the equation because he wasn’t fit and I didn’t have enough squad rotation to change him.”

Chung-Yong played a starring role for Korea on Tuesday in a 3-1 win over Mali – winning his 50th international cap – and rejoined his team-mates yesterday to begin preparations for today’s Sheffield Wednesday clash.

Juggling club and country appears to have been a difficult job for the former FC Seoul man but Freedman believes that may be about to change.

“Before he has had to come back into a struggling side and having to perform after an international break,” he explained. “But I believe now, if I have my timing right, Chung Yong Lee will be, in the next six to 10 games, our best player.

“He will be fit and more confident. So, in a roundabout way, we are going to get there eventually with him.

“Managers are always going to be asked if they rotate a player is he out of favour? Certain players go through low level performances for different reasons.

“Some can be lack in confidence but Chungy just wasn’t fit.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Depends on what sale value he is, can't see it being much tbf.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Oh so Dougie is still blaming the broken leg for how shit has played for the past 2 years?....

He's more stupid than I thought.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee had gone shit before his injury, I remember Coyle blaming the new culture and his constant flying back to Korea. The truth is few players have had as many excuses made for them as Lee, but ultimately he has been shit.

Having said that he was great today, but we all know it'll be business as usual next week.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Good old Dougie. The January sales aren't far off. Don't be surprised to see Chungy, Eagles & N'Gog playing regularly before the window opens.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its time for him to go. He no longer puts in the effort for a whole game, and should have been realeased in the summer. he played well today, but how long was he on for? If it was for the full 90, you wouldn't have seen it. I think he needs a new challenge

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let's keep Lee and get rid of Doogie..... he probably makes the same salary if not more.  :whistle:

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He can run circles round defenders but can't cross or shoot to save his life.

He's not what we need right now.

terenceanne wrote:Let's keep Lee and get rid of Doogie..... he probably makes the same salary if not more.  :whistle:
You're on another planet if you think Dougie's earns anything like what Lee's on.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Whatever he's on, I personally don't think he's earning it at the moment.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

74 your constant defence of Freedman is admirable but when he eventually goes in the next few weeks will you go with him because you really are pissing me off now. That's assuming you're not Dougie of course!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think 74 is defending Dougie as much as saying that a new manager won't make any difference with this squad.

Whitesince63 wrote:74 your constant defence of Freedman is admirable but when he eventually goes in the next few weeks will you go with him because you really are pissing me off now. That's assuming you're not Dougie of course!!
Good Im glad it's pissing you off, rest assured the fact you're incapable of taking a reasoned view does my head in too.

I won't be going anywhere, I suggest you stick to the Bolton News forum if you only want to read the same opinion as yours. Having read the dross that posts on their it's a similar level to the subjective tat you cover this forum with.

If you actually read my comments Im not defending Dougie, I've said he's got to take a big chunk of the blame if the players aren't performing, as Lust points out I just don't think changing will help.

Who's your replacement suggestion?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:74 your constant defence of Freedman is admirable but when he eventually goes in the next few weeks will you go with him because you really are pissing me off now. That's assuming you're not Dougie of course!!
Good Im glad it's pissing you off, rest assured the fact you're incapable of taking a reasoned view does my head in too.

I won't be going anywhere, I suggest you stick to the Bolton News forum if you only want to read the same opinion as yours. Having read the dross that posts on their it's a similar level to the subjective tat you cover this forum with.

If you actually read my comments Im not defending Dougie, I've said he's got to take a big chunk of the blame if the players aren't performing, as Lust points out I just don't think changing will help.

Who's your replacement suggestion?
My view is the same as it's always been, Freedman's not the man for us just now and whether it's reasoned or not it's the one I've held since he walked through the door. Yours on the other hand can't make it's mind up. You accept he hasn't made the best of the players we have but still want to give him more time even though he's now been here a year had plenty of opportunity to bring in his own players and get the team functioning how he wants it yet he's no nearer a blend now than from the beginning.

Hopefully when he is finally sacked in a few weeks time you will agree with me but for now you keep up your unfailing support. You keep trying to insult people into naming a replacement then criticising them when they do. I'm not going to play your game but look at our neighbours Burnley who appointed Sean Dyche who has done a phenomenal job with less cash than Freedman and nowhere near as good a squad inherited. Let's you see what a proper manager can do with limited resources doesn't it. But you keep on with your myopic view of Freedman's limitations and whilst you do we'll slip further and further into the mire.

As for posting on TBN it's a free world and is thankfully free of plebs like you.

My minds firmly made up, apparently it just goes way over your head. You either can't process a very simple view (making you a complete idiot) or you're choosing not to and playing stupid. I DON'T THINK A NEW MANAGER WOULD SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS.

I don't care if you don't like my opinion, Im entitled to it. That certainly doesn't make me a pleb and I couldn't care less if it pisses you off (you accuse me of insulting people and but do it yourself constantly). As a man I'd assume is at least 50 (going off your username) I'd have thought you'd have a bit more about you than to get pissed off because somebody voices a different opinion to you, frankly it's laughable. People have different opinions you need to get over it.

The only suggestion I've 'criticised' for a replacement is Phil Parkinson, and really all I did was point out the fact he does have a history of failure. There are some reasonable suggestions on the thread, Im yet to hear yours? I understand why people would want him out, it's not a view I share but if he is to go there has to be a replacement lined up.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:My minds firmly made up, apparently it just goes way over your head. You either can't process a very simple view (making you a complete idiot) or you're choosing not to and playing stupid. I DON'T THINK A NEW MANAGER WOULD SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS.

I don't care if you don't like my opinion, Im entitled to it. That certainly doesn't make me a pleb and I couldn't care less if it pisses you off (you accuse me of insulting people and but do it yourself constantly). As a man I'd assume is at least 50 (going off your username) I'd have thought you'd have a bit more about you than to get pissed off because somebody voices a different opinion to you, frankly it's laughable. People have different opinions you need to get over it.

The only suggestion I've 'criticised' for a replacement is Phil Parkinson, and really all I did was point out the fact he does have a history of failure. There are some reasonable suggestions on the thread, Im yet to hear yours? I understand why people would want him out, it's not a view I share but if he is to go there has to be a replacement lined up.

Look 74 we obviously are poles apart in our views of Freedman and are unlikely to agree. You don't think a new manager would solve our problems? What are our problems? If you examine that question you will find there is one predominant one that all others stem from. DF.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I don't think 74 is defending Dougie as much as saying that a new manager won't make any difference with this squad.
Of course a new manager will make a difference, if the board choose the right man.

While I accept it would be difficult for any manager to improve this shower of shite in terms of footballing ability, the right man would play to our strengths i.e. not hoofing it to Beckford and would be able to motivate these ponces at the very least.

Trust me, a motivated team can work wonders with limited ability.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I don't think 74 is defending Dougie as much as saying that a new manager won't make any difference with this squad.
Of course a new manager will make a difference, if the board choose the right man.

While I accept it would be difficult for any manager to improve this shower of shite in terms of footballing ability, the right man would play to our strengths i.e. not hoofing it to Beckford and would be able to motivate these ponces at the very least.

Trust me, a motivated team can work wonders with limited ability.
Personally I would vote for a cattle prod as our manager.  It would get the lazy ponces attention and quickly.

You tell me what the negatives are Whites, you never go into any specifics so it's hard for me to take your complaints seriously to be honest. I've said Dougie is clearly to blame when performances aren't good, but that doesn't mean I'd sack him.

What are the few positives at the moment?

1. The defence has improved, we're looking 'harder to beat' again. Ream and Mills look to be a decent partnership and credit should go to Dougie for getting the best out of them, McNaughton's also looked solid since coming in (again credit to Dougie).

2. Beckford - Looking more confident and getting goals, putting himself about a bit too. If Dougie's picked up a goalscorer for free then it's a great bit of business.

3. Feeney - quieter on Saturday, but he's impressed. I doubt anybody thought he would when we signed him, but his pace could be key to us if we can get him in the game more.

I've got no issue with the selection and formation on Saturday I think he got it spot on, the players (as they haven't for a long time) aren't performing though - Dougie's fault in part. 

I think he's operating under some very difficult circumstances, you may call that an excuse but it's just common sense you have to take our situation into account when judging a manager - to dismiss it really is pathetic. 

He's shown he can make big decisions to turn us around, we've got numerous long standing issues and I like what he's doing with the club in many respects hence Im willing to give him more time to get results on the pitch. I understand why others don't and I'm not going to try and convince anybody otherwise, just give my own thoughts.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

::mad:: 
bwfc1874 wrote:You tell me what the negatives are Whites, you never go into any specifics so it's hard for me to take your complaints seriously to be honest. I've said Dougie is clearly to blame when performances aren't good, but that doesn't mean I'd sack him.

What are the few positives at the moment?

1. The defence has improved, we're looking 'harder to beat' again. Ream and Mills look to be a decent partnership and credit should go to Dougie for getting the best out of them, McNaughton's also looked solid since coming in (again credit to Dougie).

2. Beckford - Looking more confident and getting goals, putting himself about a bit too. If Dougie's picked up a goalscorer for free then it's a great bit of business.

3. Feeney - quieter on Saturday, but he's impressed. I doubt anybody thought he would when we signed him, but his pace could be key to us if we can get him in the game more.

I've got no issue with the selection and formation on Saturday I think he got it spot on, the players (as they haven't for a long time) aren't performing though - Dougie's fault in part. 

I think he's operating under some very difficult circumstances, you may call that an excuse but it's just common sense you have to take our situation into account when judging a manager - to dismiss it really is pathetic. 

He's shown he can make big decisions to turn us around, we've got numerous long standing issues and I like what he's doing with the club in many respects hence Im willing to give him more time to get results on the pitch. I understand why others don't and I'm not going to try and convince anybody otherwise, just give my own thoughts.
Look 74 let's just call it a draw this is tedious now. I can think of little positive to say about Freedman so it's not worth me bothering. If I'm right we'll see in a few weeks anyway when he's sacked. The current situation is certainly unsustainable and his excuses won't wear much longer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum