Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marine Guilty of killing - do you agree?

+9
boltonbonce
kennster
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
scottjames30
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

So you seriously believe that without military intervention in Afghanistan we'd have been invaded by the Taliban?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So you seriously believe that without military intervention in Afghanistan we'd have been invaded by the Taliban?
They would grow that's for sure, so eventually yes.

That's why we're still there.

They'd grow big enough to invade Britain? You can't honestly think that.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:They'd grow big enough to invade Britain? You can't honestly think that.
Not invade totally, but plan things like take out a large place, or a huge attack, we will feel the force of more attacks on Britain.

Like 7/7? Our presence didn't do anything to prevent that, and as we're pulling out soon what have we achieved? What have our soldiers died for? If anything Al Qaeda and the Taliban have more of a presence now (Syria, Al Shabab, Pakistan, Afghanistan - Im sure the list goes on) than they did pre 9/11.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have gained so much intelligence by capturing high ranking Taliban that we have also saved thousands of lives too though, if we weren't there we wouldn't of got the intelligence and they would've done more attacks, but the special forces intercepted them.

You've no evidence to suggest any of that is true Scott, how do you know that the captured men revealed anything at all? 

Fact is we're not fighting for the sake of protecting Britain, we're doing it because America wants us to.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You've no evidence to suggest any of that is true Scott, how do you know that the captured men revealed anything at all? 

Fact is we're not fighting for the sake of protecting Britain, we're doing it because America wants us to.
I'm posh me, I've got the documentary channel.

And you've no evidence to suggest that is true? America wanted us to go to war with Syria but we didn't.

In part because of the facts about the illegal war they'd already dragged us into coming to light. It's not even debatable that we're in Afghanistan because of America, we supported them, the likes of the French didn't. We would probably have ended up in Syria had it not been for Russia coming up with a decent alternative.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Public opinion would have stopped us going into Syria with an election looming. Cameron might think he's Thatcher's successor but it goes no further than between his ears. Thatcher got lucky on the jingo drum and bollox to them that lost their lives!
Putin saved him!!

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggersbelief wrote:He took joy in finishing someones life, he deserves the sentence
:agree:

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Im not overly critical because as I say i can't relate to the situation, but I certainly don't regard soldiers today as hero's I don't think there's anything heroic about our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq, to me its just another profession. So I don't think they deserve any special treatment in that regard.
So you don't think someone getting shot at for a living in order to protect your freedom is more of a hero than, say, a lawyer or an accountant?
They don't protect our freedoms, the Taliban has never been an enemy of the United Kingdom.

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:They'd grow big enough to invade Britain? You can't honestly think that.
Not invade totally, but plan things like take out a large place, or a huge attack, we will feel the force of more attacks on Britain.
We used to supply the Taliban weapons to fight Russia. Did you know that Scott?

kennster wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Im not overly critical because as I say i can't relate to the situation, but I certainly don't regard soldiers today as hero's I don't think there's anything heroic about our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq, to me its just another profession. So I don't think they deserve any special treatment in that regard.
So you don't think someone getting shot at for a living in order to protect your freedom is more of a hero than, say, a lawyer or an accountant?
They don't protect our freedoms, the Taliban has never been an enemy of the United Kingdom.
Is this a wind-up, because if it is, it's in fucking poor taste.

The militant arm of the Taliban is funded and resourced by Islamic fundamentalist terrorists linked to Al-Qaida.

Who do you think is running the training camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan that are radicalising British muslims and sending them home to blow up buses and chop soldiers' heads off in broad daylight?

And as an aside, The Mujahadeen and the Taliban are two completely separate entities.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Once again I refer to my trench comment!!

And for the record, in that situation, I would probably have done the same as Marine A.

It's fucking ridiculous that he's even been brought to trial over this. This type of incident has happened on every battlefield in every war in history.

The difference nowadays is, everything is recorded on camera and as a society we're shit scared of "not doing the right thing."

The government has to keep the "minority interest groups" happy because we can't upset them, can we...? Nevermind the fact that these pricks would shoot us and our children in a heartbeat.

So this poor sod gets a life sentence.

And it's fucking bollocks.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That Afghan would have got his martyrdom and his seventy virgins, bet he died with a smile on his face?

It doesn't keep minority interest groups happy, it keeps people who respect the Geneva convention happy. This sentencing hasn't been met by huge protest, plenty of people support it.

The fact that the Taliban would act like that (and worse) is completely irrelevant, as I said earlier we hope for higher standards from our own army.

Of course this sort of thing happened throughout history and only their own idiocy has seen them caught. But they're governed by military law so what is it there for if we don't prosecute those who break it? The fact they're in the army doesn't make them above that law; it's laughable to suggest it does. If this sort of thing happened to a British soldier in the Falklands all of us would support the offending Argentinian being prosecuted, so what's the difference?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:It doesn't keep minority interest groups happy, it keeps people who respect the Geneva convention happy. This sentencing hasn't been met by huge protest, plenty of people support it.

The fact that the Taliban would act like that (and worse) is completely irrelevant, as I said earlier we hope for higher standards from our own army.

Of course this sort of thing happened throughout history and only their own idiocy has seen them caught. But they're governed by military law so what is it there for if we don't prosecute those who break it? The fact they're in the army doesn't make them above that law; it's laughable to suggest it does. If this sort of thing happened to a British soldier in the Falklands all of us would support the offending Argentinian being prosecuted, so what's the difference?
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. : I surrender to the boring Cnut emoticon :

An opinion you don't like, so you say boring and offer nothing in response.

Very poor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum