Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marine Guilty of killing - do you agree?

+9
boltonbonce
kennster
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
scottjames30
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

You give up far too easily SK, I'd expect more from you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we a Guardian reader by any chance 1874?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No, as I said on another thread, you've won this one, and it appears everybody else has gone to sleep over it as well.
You can tell your Army acquaintances next time you see them that you fought tooth and nail on the World Famous Bolton Nuts Forum to prove that they risk their lives to piss in the wind!!
And buy them a drink while your at it for ensuring you can snuggle up to your teddy bear like I'm going to do to mine now.Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Are we a Guardian reader by any chance 1874?
It's called being PC.

But they're governed by military law so what is it there for if we don't prosecute those who break it? The fact they're in the army doesn't make them above that law; it's laughable to suggest it does. If this sort of thing happened to a British soldier in the Falklands all of us would support the offending Argentinian being prosecuted, so what's the difference?

You disagree with what part of this then SK? Which bit is too 'PC' for you?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

PC has a different meaning for me than the norm!

I'll take that as none of it. :number1:

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sure some of your Army acquaintances will know, ask them when you have your little chat.

Soul Kitchen wrote:I'm sure some of your Army acquaintances will know, ask them when you have your little chat.
I'll take that as none of it. Marine Guilty of killing - do you agree? - Page 3 711151169

bwfc1874 wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:I'm sure some of your Army acquaintances will know, ask them when you have your little chat.
I'll take that as none of it. Marine Guilty of killing - do you agree? - Page 3 711151169
Apologist bollocks. (Not just this comment but the rest of the drivel you've posted).

What's your heritage? Irish.....Pakistani....?

Come on, you've obviously got an axe to grind. Give us an insight into why you hate our forces so much.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've always respected our Armed Forces and what has happened will not change my veiws

Always thought myself lucky that in my life time I have not had to fight for or gone through a World War. Others have done that for me.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

74 they're at war not some stupid health and safety course, our soldiers are thrained to kill and be so aggressive they go into a trench to bayonet someone's head in.

Say the guy you captured killed six of your mates and was lying there cut to bits, what's to know for Definately that he has no grenade or booby trap, by taking the afghan out he were taking that danger away, I wouldn't class him as a murderer like .

And to be point scoring is low, you up your own arse pompous prick, stick to your office work eating pies all day, the sooner we get rid of point scoring childish PC tossers like you will be another battle won.

Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Apologist bollocks. (Not just this comment but the rest of the drivel you've posted).

What's your heritage? Irish.....Pakistani....?

Come on, you've obviously got an axe to grind. Give us an insight into why you hate our forces so much.
Because I support the fact a soldier is charged for murder I hate the armed forces? Absolutely ridiculous.

Im not celebrating this sentencing, it's bad news, I'd rather situations like this didn't occur. But the fact they did it and were stupid enough to get caught means the evidence shouldn't be thrown out purely on the basis of people like you and Scott thinking they're some sort of hero, they should be charged by the letter of the law because they don't have the right to go and kill in this way, just as I don't have the right to in England.

I'm English all the way back as far as I know by the way - not sure what difference that should even make. If you think every English person in the country regards the current wars as glorious acts of heroism then you're delusional. 1 million civilians have died in Iraq , I don't blame the army for that I blame the politicians. But it certainly isn't a heroic war, defending our freedom like the world war veterans.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

1874, Reading your comments, makes me sick. You're a naive and mmature, idiot. Glibly writing off so many lives, just to push your infantile views of the world stage, and Britains part in it. I would love to be able to stick you in the position of danger to see how not just your opinion, but your whole life , would change. I personally think you are a disgrace. 
Don't bother asking me stupid questions like you did Scott, I'm not interested. You give those poor souls who have lost their lives, for whatever reason, no respect, which is exactly what you get from me.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

kennster wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:They'd grow big enough to invade Britain? You can't honestly think that.
Not invade totally, but plan things like take out a large place, or a huge attack, we will feel the force of more attacks on Britain.
We used to supply the Taliban weapons to fight Russia. Did you know that Scott?
You seem to know a lot for a 16 year old Kennster...

Where have I written off soldiers lives?? Don't put words in my mouth, especially none as appalling as that. 

All I've done is question the reasoning behind the two wars in question and said I don't think a soldiers 'hero' status should make them above the law. I couldn't care less if it makes you sick to hear a different opinion glos, there's plenty of fact and evidence behind my thinking but I'd welcome an opposite view that actually contained some sort of argument not just abuse and hyperbole. 

Yet supposedly I'm the one who has the immature view? Because I believe the marine deserved to be prosecuted?? Absolutely pathetic.

For what it's worth I think the length of sentence is harsh, I'm not disputing that but nobody can get away with murder.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I also think the Marine should be sentenced, like yourself, I also believe it should be for a shorter sentence, taking into account all the different factors, but lets not forget he's let himself, and the country, along with what we stand for, down. It is a war over there, both ideological and military, but to think they are not protecting your freedoms is absurd. Look around you, and take note of the gradual Islamification of the country around you. How long, without our intervention, would their troubles, and methods, spread to the UK. You will have seen I'm sure the broadcast by the three so-called spymasters the other day, where 34 terrorist attempts were foiled over here in the last year. Do you want us to wait until they get here, before we confront them?. Why not join the people they are already terrorising to both protect them, and to try and stop the problem engulfing too many people and states. In my mind the military are heroes, and its not just another job. How many times have you been shot at lately, on the way to work, and don't forget its their choice to go and fight on our behalf, rather than sit on their arses pontificating over a hot keyboard.

take note of the gradual Islamification of the country around you.

If you mean there are more muslim people then I don't see the problem. If you mean there are more people with Islamist ideology, then I see your point but it's a tiny minority of people who get more press than they deserve. There's no threat of Islamists getting into power in this country, so this is where we disagree.

Even if that risk did exist wars in Afghanistan and Iraq clearly haven't done anything to weaken that, our presence has only increased tensions between East and West. It certainly hasn't weakened Al Qaeda which is spreading across Africa and the middle East. I honestly don't see how fighting the Taliban is protecting my freedom? If anything it's helping to protect the freedom of the Afghani people who oppose the Taliban, but I don't think that's the reason we're over there.

I've never denied army personnel are brave, but I don't think being shot at is a prerequisite for a hero. A million civilians dead is horrendous (I BLAME POLITICIANS NOT THE ARMY) so I can't see this war as heroic Im afraid. I see why a lot of people would disagree, but the fact I've been abused throughout this topic for simply giving my view on it is a complete joke and I'm done with this topic.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For what it is worth I can understand why the marine did what he did.

What's the logic in saving someones life who moments ago was quite eager, willing and able to take yours?

I think people don't or can't understand the culture and lives of many of the people in Afghanistan and many other Muslim country's.

Many people are incredibly poor and have little if no education. Their lives are governed by their religious leaders and head of the villages. Life is very cheap.

Often suicide bombers do it because they are offered money that will help feed their entire family for a year or two rather than their personal religious beliefs.

The insurgent that was 'killed' was probably only doing it because he would probably been shot by the Taliban if he didn't, or maybe it was the only way to feed his family.

At the end of the day what's the point in risking your own life to save someone who tried to kill you and if he did survive would probably try to kill you or your fellow troops another day too?

In a perfect world where everything can be seen in black and white the law says he killed the man who tried to kill him. In the real world the marine just finished the job off that the insurgent started when he started trying to kill people that day.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, I'm with you 100%, however, what little we've seen/heard of the video indicates that the soldier was not under undue stress at the time, and his actions do amount to a cold-blooded killing, (whatever the resons behind it). Had he said that he was putting him out of his pain, that would have been completely different. I personally hope his punishment is minimal, simply because of the circumstances, and your last sentence, (above) My concern is that we have our armed forces every move scrutinised and managed on the battlefield, as a result of this incident, as any delay in a soldier's decision-making could cost him, his colleagues, and many others, their lives.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum