Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muamba

+20
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
gloswhite
Dunkels King
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Keegan
wanderlust
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
trotter1948
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
jayjay23
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Sun Mar 18 2012, 13:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabrice is a really fit lad so here's hoping he pulls through.

22Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Sun Mar 18 2012, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just glad he's still alive, and now that they've got him in intensive care it's pretty much odds on that he will live unless they can't track down the cause. That may be tricky as I'd imagine that in all those years at Arsenal, Brum, us and playing for England they surely would have checked him out thoroughly, so the cause isn't likely to be obvious. There are some serious concerns as to how he will live though, especially as his heart stopped which could have deprived his brain of oxygen for a while. They could operate to rectify the original cause if they can identify it and a daily dose of pills will almost eliminate any chance of future repetition. I doubt very much that he will ever play pro football again though, and I only hope he will live long, happy and with dignity. God bless you Fabrice.

23Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Sun Mar 18 2012, 18:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I hope he comes through this OK and that is the only priority.

I have been impressed by the messages of support from everywhere and the general recognition of what a decent bloke Muamba is.

24Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Sun Mar 18 2012, 19:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A doctor on the news said earlier, as wanderlust pointed out the main problem for Fabrice is his brain now as the lack of oxygen could have done serious damage.

Doesn't even worth thinking about what the worst case could be if or when he comes round.

25Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Sun Mar 18 2012, 20:14

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Let's hope he is going to be OK. I always thought that Brain Damage occured when the Brain was starved of oxygen for more than a few minutes. They say that with Fabrice his heart was stopped for nearly 2 hours. I guess they mean it was not pumping on its own for two hours otherwise there would be no chance. If the heart is being externally "pumped" with a Defibrilator or CPR then surely the blood and therefore oxygen will be getting moved around the body ? In that case he should only have been without actual oxygen and blood flow for a minute max looking at the speed of the team at White Hart Lane. Of course I am no doctor but I honestly can't imagine it to be worth carrying on if there had been no oxygen getting to the brain for two hours.

26Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Sun Mar 18 2012, 21:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hang in there Fabrice, we're all with you.

27Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 10:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Hang in there Fabrice, we're all with you.
Us and the rest of the world by the look of it. I'm amazed and TBH quite touched by the reaction of players and fans across the world. This "Keep praying for Fabrice" movement seems to have taken hold and I have no doubt that collective prayer will be seen as his saviour if he pulls through. I'm up for it.

28Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to certain tabloids we may forfeit the replay as a mark of respect to Fabrice.

Fwiw I would rather the team play the game and try and win it for Fab.

29Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Still can't get over what has happened, I get a lump in my throaght everytime I see something on the news about it.

Whether we pull out of the cup or play the game is insignificent at the moment, as long as Fabrice makes a recovery then we can get relegated for all I care.

30Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I just still can't really comprehend this. It had slipped my mind how young he is. Just 23. Huge future ahead. One of the players we all wanted on the pitch at the moment - always well respected and by many accounts a very good guy.

I hope he doe recover well enough to lead a normal life. It will be hard enough for him if he can no longer play football.

Best wishes to him and the family. The brain damage thing was an immediate concern for me as my friend went through similar. Luckily he is doing ok considering - I hope Fabrice can do the same.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

31Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:According to certain tabloids we may forfeit the replay as a mark of respect to Fabrice.

A pretty bizarre idea even though it would save us a game. I can't see the FA agreeing to it anyway.

The team should dedicate the rest of this season to Muamba starting with Saturday's game.

32Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:According to certain tabloids we may forfeit the replay as a mark of respect to Fabrice.

Some people within football and the bloody media are acting like he's already dead.

As far as I'm concerned you don't do anything out of respect when that person is alive.

33Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 13:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still reeling from the events, honestly this is just so awful it really has made me question why i even bother watching football.

34Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to back up my previous point I've just read that Wolves & United had a minute's applause on Sunday. Has the world gone mad - he isn't dead!

35Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Still reeling from the events, honestly this is just so awful it really has made me question why i even bother watching football.

It's not a football problem, it could have happened when he was walking down the street or washing his car.

36Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 13:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I appreciate that nat, but please allow me to react the way i choose about this tragic incident.

frankly it's disturbed me to the point i found it difficult to watch the football yesterday.

37Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Still reeling from the events, honestly this is just so awful it really has made me question why i even bother watching football.

It's not a football problem, it could have happened when he was walking down the street or washing his car.
It didn't. It happened on the pitch during a game that was being broadcast around the world.
The impact was heightened by the reaction of the players, the crowd and the ref. Most observers thought he had died and became directly emotionally involved as the drama unfolded and continues to unfold. Fabrice is not an actor in a TV drama but he is a player in the theatre of football - and we are all part of the cast so it felt much more personal as if it was happening to one of our colleagues or friends before our very eyes.

38Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 14:06

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Meanwhile, reports on Monday suggest Bolton are considering pulling out of the FA Cup in the wake of the incident of White Hart Lane. Bolton's scheduled trip to Aston Villa on Tuesday has already been postponed, and reports claim Wanderers could withdraw from the competition rather than face a rematch at White Hart Lane.

One source was quoted as saying in the Daily Mirror: "This is a group of young men, just kids really. How could they cope with going through it all again?"

Win 4 Muamba!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

39Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 14:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
It didn't. It happened on the pitch during a game that was being broadcast around the world.
The impact was heightened by the reaction of the players, the crowd and the ref. Most observers thought he had died and became directly emotionally involved as the drama unfolded and continues to unfold. Fabrice is not an actor in a TV drama but he is a player in the theatre of football - and we are all part of the cast so it felt much more personal as if it was happening to one of our colleagues or friends before our very eyes.

Very well put Wanderlust.

40Muamba - Page 2 Empty Re: Muamba Mon Mar 19 2012, 14:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Very well put Wanderlust.

Agreed, to use a somewhat hackneyed phrase, it was all too real.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum