Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muamba

+20
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
gloswhite
Dunkels King
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Keegan
wanderlust
Sluffy
Born to be a wanderer
doffcocker
Banks of the Croal
trotter1948
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Mr Magoo
jayjay23
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
It didn't. It happened on the pitch during a game that was being broadcast around the world.
The impact was heightened by the reaction of the players, the crowd and the ref. Most observers thought he had died and became directly emotionally involved as the drama unfolded and continues to unfold. Fabrice is not an actor in a TV drama but he is a player in the theatre of football - and we are all part of the cast so it felt much more personal as if it was happening to one of our colleagues or friends before our very eyes.

My point was I can't understand someone, especially someone who wasn't there, saying they don't want to watch football again because Muamba collapsed - he just happened to be on the pitch when it happened, he could just as easily have been eating his breakfast or using the computer.

42Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 14:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't care whether you understand or not. Thats how i feel and will continue to feel. Tragedy effects people in different ways. Some are headstrong and are back to work the next day, some are flippant, some take days, weeks, months to re-adjust. Seeing something of this nature effects everyone differently.

You're always the first to be a dickhead when something of this nature occurs, you were the same during the Gary Speed affair. Does it really need it's minutiae analysed.

43Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 15:25

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

This situation touches the very essence of our own humanity. If cardiac arrest can strike a young professional athlete, it can happen to any one of us. That said, we should be careful not to go overboard in our reactions. Instead of being fearful, we should be inspired to make the most of what we have.Just saw a replay of Cahill scoring on the weekend and lifting his shirt to reveal my avatar. Good lad, that Gaz.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

44Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 15:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't care whether you understand or not. Thats how i feel and will continue to feel. Tragedy effects people in different ways. Some are headstrong and are back to work the next day, some are flippant, some take days, weeks, months to re-adjust. Seeing something of this nature effects everyone differently.

You're always the first to be a dickhead when something of this nature occurs, you were the same during the Gary Speed affair. Does it really need it's minutiae analysed.

Not being a dickhead, just honest. Personally I don't understand how people can grieve for someone they've never met. Just because I didn't openly cry in the street and take a month off work when Gary Speed took his own life people saw that as offensive. Even though it was his choice to do what he did.

I really hope Muamba pulls through and makes a full recovery. Just as I would if any other footballer I'd never met was in the same situation. But to suggest you're going to stop watching football because of this incident that had nothing to so with football I just find strange.

45Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 15:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would imagine that Hipster was driven to that conclusion because he found the experience of watching the incident distressing and emotional (as did many others) rather than having anything to do with whether or not he knows the man personally.

Last edited by wanderlust on Mon 19 Mar - 15:58; edited 1 time in total

46Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I would imagine that Hipster was driven to that conclusion because he found the experience of watching the incident distressing (as did many others) rather than having anything to do with whether or not he knows the man personally.

And that's fine, but as I keep saying this could have happened anywhere. If he saw a man collapse in the street would he stop going out?

This had nothing to do with football.

47Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 15:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"nat" i understand your point, i think it's odd too the connection between people who don't know each other, and how people grieve on mass over celebrities, it's a interesting discussion, but why is necessary to always have it on the morning of something that people feel strongly about?

It's the same with the Gary Speed affair, yes the nature of suicide is a fascinating topic, but do we need a thread about cowardice the day after Gary Speed had died?

I think this has got more to do with 'you' playing up to the 'Nat Whittam' guise and trying to shock, you clearly thrive on situations like this as it adds a bit of bluster to your character, but personally i think a little more tact might go down well.

in regards to the football point what i meant was, as I'm sure you knew, the feeling of watching the football yesterday after the Muamba episode felt different, with the image still hanging in my mind, i found it a bit hollow.

48Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 16:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nat you are being a dickhead, if thats how he feels then thats how he feels, this is a thread thats meant to be about one of our players who is seriously ill, just for once try not to make every bloody little thing into a debate.

Also with your 'it doesn't put things into perspective for me' comment on the match thread.. stop trying to make everything about you for once.

What do you want? a congratulations for not being as upset as other people on this forum are?

anyway, apparently Muamba is showing signs of improvement, his heart can beat on its own and he can move his arms and legs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

49Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 16:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So many people have said that this "puts football into perspective" i.e. it's not that important in the scheme of things. However I felt quite emotional about the response of the usually hostile Spuds fans.
To quote Daniel Levy "Too often we read the negatives about football and yet, at a time of intense emergency and uncertainty, we saw the true humanity and empathy of the footballing family."
I found that humanity and empathy at the match, and the subsequent outpourings of the broader football community the most significant thing - which of course wouldn't happen if someone keels over in the street.
It was the fact that such a huge audience collectively expressed the same emotions and reacted in the same way that makes it different IMO.

50Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 16:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, your pissing in the wind. I'd stop if I were you. Smile

51Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 17:19

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Natasha has a point, but so do you guys who oppose her POV. **** it - we all have points.

Pray 4 Muamba!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

52Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 17:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You're right, but if Nat thought we were agreeing with her, she'd change her point of view Very Happy .

Good news about Fabrice today. Hopefully the first steps on the road to a full recovery, (fingers crossed)

53Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 18:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to the news Fabrice has spoken a few words today and his arms and legs have moved a bit. It's looking a bit more positive.

54Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 18:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I keep having to pinch myself as it's hard to take in what is happening.

Every paper you pick up's front page is Bolton Wanderers related but for the worst imaginable sort of reason.

55Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 21:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

According to Sky news, Fabrice is recognising family and responding to questions.

''When the ball hits your head and your sat in row Z, that's Muamba'' Very Happy

56Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Mon 19 Mar - 22:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:I keep having to pinch myself as it's hard to take in what is happening.

Every paper you pick up's front page is Bolton Wanderers related but for the worst imaginable sort of reason.

Same here, I like having the coverage of front and back page of almost every papaer, even here in Holland the Sp!ts had a full page coverage, not too sure about the Metro or De Pers as I couldn't get them papers. Even seeing Bolton mentioned on, not only British TV, but also Dutch TV, even Coyle and Garty seems very very weird - but its all for the wrong reasons.

Most preferable would be for beating Spurs and winning the FA Cup and surviving the drop.

At least Fabrice is improving, may not be much, but he is fighting and that is all we can ask for.

57Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Tue 20 Mar - 12:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A quick update on Fabrice: -

Fabrice Muamba has had a comfortable night in the intensive care unit at The London Chest Hospital, Bolton Wanderers has said.

A joint statement from Bolton Wanderers, Barts and The London NHS Trust, said the medical team was continuing to monitor his progress.

"Fabrice's family has asked us to thank everyone again for their thoughts and prayers and for the continued messages of support, from which they draw great strength," it added.

"To ensure the smooth running of the hospital for all patients - as well as Fabrice's need to concentrate on his recovery - they would request that he receive no more visitors for the moment, outside of immediate family and members of Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

58Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Wed 21 Mar - 14:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to all the reports Fabrice is making remarkable progress. He is a fit lad and that has clearly helped.

59Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Fri 23 Mar - 12:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had a text from a mate saying that a tribute mosaic in the ESL will be shown by the fans holding up cards with Muamba 6 on it.

60Muamba - Page 3 Empty Re: Muamba Sat 24 Mar - 16:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum