Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to quit FA Cup

+14
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Keegan
jayjay23
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Mon Mar 19 2012, 23:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:They're supposed to be professionals Largehat, they should play.

I don't take anything you say about footballers on a professional or personal level seriously, unfortunately. You attempt to dehumanise footballers at every opportunity and regard them with utter contempt.

I do find it interesting that Kevin Davies has said today that nobody is even thinking about the FA Cup at the moment, the Blackburn manager has said he will happily agree to a postponement if it's what we want, and that so many people on here have a "get on with it" attitude.

I guess that means you all of you think Kevin Davies and Steve Kean are heartless and are overplaying the gravitas of the situation.

I would ask why you are all so enthusiastic to force the players to take part in such a vital game if they're not ready.

22Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 00:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I see no reason not to play any games. FB is showing signs of, at least, staying alive, and hopefully much more, although I would be very surprised if he plays football again. Now that the players know he isn't going to die, and the shock of the event is lessening, surely they should consider getting back to work. Play for him, and not stop because of him. I agree that if he had died, then a suitable period of mourning should take place, but he's still with us, and showing signs that he will remain so. Like it or not, we all suffer shocks, but we all have to get on with it. I would have thought a week would have been enough for all those grown ment to come to terms with it.

23Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 08:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When something horrible happens to friends, family or in this case a team mate there are 2 options: you can get down about it and mope around worrying or you can get on with things and perhaps use what happened to motivate yourself to be better in future.
The first is not an option. The lads have to play sooner or later so I see no sense in putting it off - the sooner they are at it the better. Fabrice's circumstances should not be used as an excuse for wimping out of the rest of the season - IMO it should be used as a reason to work harder at getting it right on the pitch and they should dedicate their performances to him - the best boost they can give him.

24Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I don't take anything you say about footballers on a professional or personal level seriously, unfortunately. You attempt to dehumanise footballers at every opportunity and regard them with utter contempt.

Largehat, without going into too much detail my job brings me into contact with footballers on a regular basis. I'd say in the last two years I've met or had dealings with around 50 Premier League or Championship players.

Of that 50 at least 90% turned out to be greedy, arrogant tossers who care about one thing - themselves. One Premier League player, almost certainly on £50k per week, sent us a bill for £30 to get his suit dry cleaned after a spillage at a charity function.

You continue to defend these arseholes, that's your right, but until you've actually had dealings with them you're just guessing what they're like.

** before you start this has nothing to do with Muamba as I've never met him or had dealings.

25Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I do find it interesting that Kevin Davies has said today that nobody is even thinking about the FA Cup at the moment, the Blackburn manager has said he will happily agree to a postponement if it's what we want, and that so many people on here have a "get on with it" attitude.

I guess that means you all of you think Kevin Davies and Steve Kean are heartless and are overplaying the gravitas of the situation.

I would ask why you are all so enthusiastic to force the players to take part in such a vital game if they're not ready.

Let's get a grip. Muamba isn't dead, quite the opposite.

So let's man up and get on with life.

Life at the top is sometimes tough, if these so called professionals can't play 90 minutes football then they should be rounded up and shot.

Despite what Largehat thinks, footballers are not Gods. They should get on with life just as anyone else would. Do soldiers claim they can't continue when they see one of their comrades killed in action?

The world has gone soft.

26Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:29

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Someone said on another thread that we're all acting like Muamba is dead, and that's true. The guy isn't dead and looks like he will make it which is great news.

I can understand cancelling the Villa game as no one knew whether Muamba would live or die, but to cancel the Blackburn game would be ridiculous in my opinion.

I really can't understand this feeling that the players won't be ready to play football - he didn't die so what is the problem? People face a lot worse.

27Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Largehat, without going into too much detail my job brings me into contact with footballers on a regular basis. I'd say in the last two years I've met or had dealings with around 50 Premier League or Championship players.

Of that 50 at least 90% turned out to be greedy, arrogant tossers who care about one thing - themselves. One Premier League player, almost certainly on £50k per week, sent us a bill for £30 to get his suit dry cleaned after a spillage at a charity function.

You continue to defend these arseholes, that's your right, but until you've actually had dealings with them you're just guessing what they're like.

** before you start this has nothing to do with Muamba as I've never met him or had dealings.

I've had dealings with them. So I am not "just guessing what they're like".

Why would I think your hatred of footballers had anything to do with Muamba? Last week you posted a thread called "Are footballers all tossers?" (which someone has renamed), in which you said that "we should boo these twats at every opportunity".

As is your right of course. This is a forum. However, if there comes a time, as has happened now, for a sensible conversation to take place concerning the welfare of footballers, I am going to read your words and think, "I can't take Natasha seriously, this is a person with an irrational hatred of footballers". Which is exactly what has happened.

28Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Quent wrote:Someone said on another thread that we're all acting like Muamba is dead, and that's true. The guy isn't dead and looks like he will make it which is great news.

I can understand cancelling the Villa game as no one knew whether Muamba would live or die, but to cancel the Blackburn game would be ridiculous in my opinion.

I really can't understand this feeling that the players won't be ready to play football - he didn't die so what is the problem? People face a lot worse.

Exactly. Forfeiting the cup game is an equally stupid suggestion and I cannot believe Muamba would want this either.

29Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:48

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Let's get a grip. Muamba isn't dead, quite the opposite.

So let's man up and get on with life.

Life at the top is sometimes tough, if these so called professionals can't play 90 minutes football then they should be rounded up and shot.

Despite what Largehat thinks, footballers are not Gods. They should get on with life just as anyone else would. Do soldiers claim they can't continue when they see one of their comrades killed in action?

The world has gone soft.

So, on answer to my question then.

I like how you're parroting Jeremy Clarkson with your "rounded up and shot" line - he's a tosser too.

Your posts are a load of emotive crap. I was waiting for someone to trundle out the 'armed forces' argument, which is what your average plonker trundles out when anyone in any other walk of life has a complaint about their working conditions, however justified. It's a really poor level of debate.

Of course I don't think all footballers are gods. Unlike you, who thinks they are all twats. You're the one who likes to deal in absolutes and binary opposites because it suits your divisive nature. There is good and bad in everyone.

Last edited by largehat on Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:49; edited 1 time in total

30Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I've had dealings with them. So I am not "just guessing what they're like".

Why would I think your hatred of footballers had anything to do with Muamba? Last week you posted a thread called "Are footballers all tossers?" (which someone has renamed), in which you said that "we should boo these twats at every opportunity".

As is your right of course. This is a forum. However, if there comes a time, as has happened now, for a sensible conversation to take place concerning the welfare of footballers, I am going to read your words and think, "I can't take Natasha seriously, this is a person with an irrational hatred of footballers". Which is exactly what has happened.

Let's imagine you meet 10 people from Bognor Regis this afternoon. 9 of them are absolute tossers, one is a decent bloke who you get on with.

A few weeks later someone asks what you think of people from Bognor Regis, and you say they are mainly tossers. Does that make you irrational?

Is it irrational to hate a group of people when you know the vast majority are tossers?

31Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not exactly a big fan of footballers, there's obviously a lot of arrogance and greed in the game as there is in all walks of life.

But i don't see why footballers shouldn't be allowed to have feelings. Witnessing a shocking event will effect people in different ways, so i won't be critisisng anyone who is unable to play or vise versa.

32Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I like how you're parroting Jeremy Clarkson with your "rounded up and shot" line - he's a tosser too.

Your posts are a load of emotive crap. I was waiting for someone to trundle out the 'armed forces' argument, which is what your average plonker trundles out when anyone in any other walk of life has a complaint about their working conditions, however justified. It's a really poor level of debate.

Of course I don't think all footballers are gods. Unlike you, who thinks they are all twats. You're the one who likes to deal in absolutes and binary opposites because it suits your divisive nature. There is good and bad in everyone.

Yes, I like Jeremy Clarkson - someone who's not bogged down in PC crap and says what he thinks.

And the armed forces is a good argument because it's true.

A multi-millionaire footballer sees someone collapse on the floor and can't play football even though he has access, if needed, to the top doctors and shrinks the country has to offer. Boo-hoo.

An 18 year soldier being paid just above minimum wage sees three of his mates gunned down and is told to get on with it.

I can see why you don't like the soldier argument because it hits home how pampered our footballers have become.

33Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:04

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Let's imagine you meet 10 people from Bognor Regis this afternoon. 9 of them are absolute tossers, one is a decent bloke who you get on with.

A few weeks later someone asks what you think of people from Bognor Regis, and you say they are mainly tossers. Does that make you irrational?

Is it irrational to hate a group of people when you know the vast majority are tossers?

I can give you an actual example of where this has happened. Not a silly hypothetical example like yours.

Besides Bolton Wanderers, I also follow London Broncos, which is a rugby league Super League team. There are 14 teams in Super League, and I have been to every away fixture several times (except Widnes as they are new to SL this license period).

You may be aware that there is no segregation at rugby league games. All fans sit and stand together.

So, I've been to watch my team at Castleford, Wakefield, Perpignan, Leeds, St Helens, Salford, Bradford, Huddersfield, both Hull clubs and Wigan, all at least twice.

There are usually between 10-50 of us supporting Broncos. Every time I go to Wigan, I come across hostile home fans, who try to goad us. And it never happens anywhere else.

Now, if I chose to look for the worst in people and make the kind of generalisations you make about footballers or people from certain towns, I could take the attitude that people from Wigan are less pleasant than other people, or that more tossers follow Wigan Warriors than any other Super League team.

The reality is that there are tossers everywhere and nice people everywhere. You can't write whole swathes of people off based on limited empirical evidence.

You think all footballers are tossers based on your own limited experience of them and that's your right. I'm not in the same rush to write footballers off, if in your mind that means I think footballers are all gods, that's your issue with them speaking, and not a reflection of any opinion I hold or have expressed.

34Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

The reality is that there are tossers everywhere and nice people everywhere. You can't write whole swathes of people off based on limited empirical evidence.

Of course you can, and I do.

Anyway I'll choose to believe Harry Redknapp who deals with these players daily and not some Rugby bellend who thinks his is the only opinion that matters.

35Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Of course you can, and I do.

Anyway I'll choose to believe Harry Redknapp who deals with these players daily and not some Rugby bellend who thinks his is the only opinion that matters.

Oh right, so Harry Redknapp thinks that footballers are all twats and should be booed at every opportunity does he?

Natasha Whittam and Harry Redknapp, two peas in a pod, I don't think so.

If following rugby league makes someone a bellend in your closed-minded, divisive world, it's like an endorsement as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by largehat on Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:24; edited 1 time in total

36Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Oh right, so Harry Redknapp thinks that footballers are all twats and should be booed at every opportunity does he?

It was a Radio Times interview so he could hardly use that sort of language. But yes, that's basically what he said.

37Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
If following rugby league makes someone a bellend in your closed-minded, divisive world, it's like an endorsement as far as I am concerned.

It's a well known fact you can't like rugby and football.

38Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:25

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

It was a Radio Times interview so he could hardly use that sort of language. But yes, that's basically what he said.

Bollocks.

39Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

It's a well known fact you can't like rugby and football.

More complete bollocks. It's as though you've given up.

I think this round goes to me, don't you?

40Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Guess what, there's a Richard Littlejohn article echoing the thoughts of "Natasha Whittam" in the Mail today, another "skilled" troll who uses high profile events to get his troll hat on. Apparently he was at White Hart Lane for the game, A spurs fan of course.

I bet he was scribbling notes as Muamba was carried off, "woahhh how can i rile people up on this one"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum