Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to quit FA Cup

+14
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Keegan
jayjay23
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nice one Hipster. Just read the Littlejohn column. He's obviously got an issue with people expressing grief, sadness and support in public. Probably should have given it another couple of weeks. He says he hates it when people make these events about themselves later in the article, but earlier on he made the incident about himself and his experience in the West Stand at WHL.

In all honesty, Littlejohn is a far more skilled troll than Natasha Whittam. He (Littlejohn) also has the excuse that he's trying to sell newspapers. Natasha is just a hate-filled individual.

42Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Guess what, there's a Richard Littlejohn article echoing the thoughts of "Natasha Whittam" in the Mail today, another "skilled" troll who uses high profile events to get his troll hat on. Apparently he was at White Hart Lane for the game, A spurs fan of course.

I bet he was scribbling notes as Muamba was carried off, "woahhh how can i rile people up on this one"

I can't stand the Daily Mail, one of the few rags I never read.

However, the Littlejohn article is spot on - typical of you to brand him a "troll" for speaking the truth.

He states people don't worship God anymore, they worship footballers and z-list celebs. This is true. People on this site have made it quite clear they don't believe in God and often ridicule him - yet those same people are saying "pray for Muamba" at every opportunity.

He also says the whole Gary Speed saga was over the top - completely true.

And he pointed out what I had already said - Wolves & United acted like Muamba was dead.

If being a "troll" is telling the truth, I declare myself a troll.

43Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:02

I would see it as very weak if Bolton pulled out of the FA Cup or cancelled the game on Saturday. Why not just cancel the whole season?

44Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well I'm glad you admit being a troll, honestly i think you're a very good one, you hit the anti-populist side of any debate on the head and make it sound like you actually believe it which is the key.

+ It's great fun having a debate with 'you,' though i will admit it makes me a bit sad, it's kind of like talking to the Skype test channel or a bot on twitter.

45Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:well I'm glad you admit being a troll, honestly i think you're a very good one, you hit the anti-populist side of any debate on the head and make it sound like you actually believe it which is the key.

+ It's great fun having a debate with 'you,' though i will admit it makes me a bit sad, it's kind of like talking to the Skype test channel or a bot on twitter.

I think it's great how you know how everyone is thinking, regardless of what they write.

46Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i apologise if 'you' actually do believe these things, fair enough, and I've admitted before there's a lot of truth in what you write, unfortunately the way you say it is, IMO, designed purely to stoke up a bit of anger.

lets be honst though, internet personas, are rarely peoples true feelings are they. It's a bit of fun more than anything else, thats why I'm more averse to them at times like this because it's not a funny situation to me.

47Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well i apologise if 'you' actually do believe these things, fair enough, and I've admitted before there's a lot of truth in what you write, unfortunately the way you say it is, IMO, designed purely to stoke up a bit of anger.

lets be honst though, internet personas, are rarely peoples true feelings are they. It's a bit of fun more than anything else, thats why I'm more averse to them at times like this because it's not a funny situation to me.

I never said it's funny, it's quite the opposite. But that doesn't mean grown-ups can't discuss it. I got slated for my stance on the Gary Speed suicide, but the general feeling now is that I was right.

48Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again i think you bring up some great debates, but a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss. Did we really need to have the suicide debate on the day of his death? I don't think so.

I remember you having a go at someone who spoke out of place in a Nat Lofthouse tribute thread but you're happy to change the spirit of any thread you chose.

49Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again i think you bring up some great debates, but a bit of tact wouldn't go a miss. Did we really need to have the suicide debate on the day of his death? I don't think so.

I remember you having a go at someone who spoke out of place in a Nat Lofthouse tribute thread but you're happy to change the spirit of any thread you chose.

The best time to debate something is when its fresh in peoples minds. If I started a thread about our defeat at Swansea do you think many people would post?

Nat Lofthouse was a legend who died of old age, Gary Speed seemed a decent chap but he wasn't a legend and took his own life and risked his kids finding his body. Let's not pretend they both deserve the same treatment.

50Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:31

i must admit that when gary speed died i didn't like some of the stuff i read on some forums. however, i now find myself thinking gary speed wasn't the man i thought he was.

51Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol funny you would think that way.

52Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:34

what's funny about it?

53Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:what's funny about it?

please, indulge me, why wasn't he the "man you thought he was"

54Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 16:38

you know full well.

55Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 17:01

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd be interested to know why Gary Speed isn't the man you thought he was either. And I don't know full well. I haven't got a clue what you're on about, jayne.

56Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 17:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
The best time to debate something is when its fresh in peoples minds. If I started a thread about our defeat at Swansea do you think many people would post?

OK I am going to break my rule not to take anything you say about footballers seriously, and try to appeal to your better nature here.

Do you genuinely think that there is no difference in sensitivity between debating a football match that occurred 4-5 months ago and debating a recent death or tragedy or horrible incident the minute it happens?

You weren't on here spouting your vicious bile on Saturday or Sunday, were you? Now Muamba has woken up and it is looking unlikely he will die, this is when you've decided to give us all the benefit of your warped opinion.

I'd be really interested to know why you didn't complain about the Villa game being postponed or say anything at all on this subject on Saturday or Sunday, if you think there is no sensitivity to consider.

In my opinion it's because you know there is a line somewhere, even if you draw it in the wrong place - there is a line between when it is acceptable to discuss something and when it isn't.

57Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Do you genuinely think that there is no difference in sensitivity between debating a football match that occurred 4-5 months ago and debating a recent death or tragedy or horrible incident the minute it happens?

You weren't on here spouting your vicious bile on Saturday or Sunday, were you? Now Muamba has woken up and it is looking unlikely he will die, this is when you've decided to give us all the benefit of your warped opinion.

If that tragedy doesn't affect me personally or anyone on the forum then yes, I think it's fine to debate it as soon as possible. And when I say affect, I don't mean these fools who cry over people they've never met.

The Gary Speed one was a perfect example. No one on BA knew Gary Speed but you'd think the site was made up of his close family the way some people reacted. Gary Speed killed himself, a sin where I come from. He also killed himself with no thought for his wife or kids who were bound to find his body.

And where is this vicious bile I've been spouting about Muamba? Once again you just make stuff up to support your point of view. I've said nothing negative about the player himself. My problem is with the way the whole thing has been handled by the club, media and fans. HE DID NOT DIE, STOP ACTING LIKE HE DID.

58Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 18:47

largehat wrote:I'd be interested to know why Gary Speed isn't the man you thought he was either. And I don't know full well. I haven't got a clue what you're on about, jayne.

it was the first time in my life i'd really thought seriously about suicide. it just seems a selfish way to go.

59Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 20:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Guess what, there's a Richard Littlejohn article echoing the thoughts of "Natasha Whittam" in the Mail today, another "skilled" troll who uses high profile events to get his troll hat on. Apparently he was at White Hart Lane for the game, A spurs fan of course.

I bet he was scribbling notes as Muamba was carried off, "woahhh how can i rile people up on this one"

I can't stand the Daily Mail, one of the few rags I never read.

However, the Littlejohn article is spot on - typical of you to brand him a "troll" for speaking the truth.

He states people don't worship God anymore, they worship footballers and z-list celebs. This is true. People on this site have made it quite clear they don't believe in God and often ridicule him - yet those same people are saying "pray for Muamba" at every opportunity.

He also says the whole Gary Speed saga was over the top - completely true.

And he pointed out what I had already said - Wolves & United acted like Muamba was dead.

If being a "troll" is telling the truth, I declare myself a troll.

I know the "debate" has moved on a bit but I have to say I agree with what Nat says above. The Daily Mail is not something I would normally waste my time reading but I did look at the Littlejohn article. It made a lot of sense to me. I am not ignoring the personal tragedy of what happened to Muamba or pretending that it didn't affect other people but the excess of public grief is over the top. Apparently the Sunderland team visited the Reebok to "pay their respect" today. This just seems ridiculous to me. I don't doubt their sincerity but it is not a proportionate response.

This is not trolling, which is something I despise.

60Bolton to quit FA Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton to quit FA Cup Tue Mar 20 2012, 20:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'll have to direct me to the "proportionate response" scale to which we all must adhere.

FWIW i do respect the opinion that this kind of thing goes over the top and can seem insincere and contrived at times but i don't judge anyone for how they happen to respond to a shocking event in their own life or otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum