Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should The Fans Pick The Team?

+11
Tigermin
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
wessy
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Mon Jan 06 2014, 21:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is that you at left back copper?

22Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Mon Jan 06 2014, 21:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No Boggers, it's David.

Probably before your time.  Wink 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

23Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Mon Jan 06 2014, 21:45

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wessy wrote:First of all Nat he will be more qualified than the fans that's a given(you know this), we can all see what we think should happen but doing it under pressure is why lots of talented fans never make it.

Under your rules i reckon the end result would be very similar to the team Dougie selects at least 8 players would probably be the same. It really is a shite idea thinking you can pool 10,000 season ticket holders and get a balanced team, with no idea of fitness issues, form etc.
 Proof ?
A fan watches the first half, sees Eagles miss a shot and shouts get him off. fucking rubbish!!
5 minutes later that fan walks onto the pitch to do the half time challenge and can't kick the ball outside the D, and you want people like him to pick the team priceless.

In truth lots of the fans are fucking clueless, be interesting to see if we did it on here to see what the team would be ?
Yep your right,some fuckwits who sit near me actually think Pratley is a good player !!! That shoots down any argument for fan involvement
in one go !!! Time to stop this thread immediately !!

24Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Mon Jan 06 2014, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You bunch of spineless ponces.

I've watched more games of football than Dougie's had negative thoughts. I am much better qualified to lead this team.

Well fuck you, when I'm deciding on the team and formation don't come crying to me.

25Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Mon Jan 06 2014, 23:07

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:You bunch of spineless ponces.

I've watched more games of football than Dougie's had negative thoughts. I am much better qualified to lead this team.

Well fuck you, when I'm deciding on the team and formation don't come crying to me.
Good for you, I'm sure your opinion will be taken into consideration by those that matter, no doubt their pants will be pissed through when they've finished listening!Very Happy

26Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 00:57

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Good idea nat. Never gonna happen, and nor shoul it. The team selection should be down to me and Dougie alone.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

27Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 00:57

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Good idea nat. Never gonna happen, and nor shoul it. The team selection should be down to me and Dougie alone.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

28Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 11:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the fans pick the team despite not attending or having any input into training throughout the week, the next thing to moan about will be the transfers in and out as it would be the only remaining excuse for failure.
So if fans were then given control of signings, they would then moan about the transfer budget they are given.
And if the fans were given control of the budget, they would then have to assume financial responsibility for the club's profitability and sustainability.

Which is perhaps what megalomaniacs dream about - all the power, none of the responsibility.

29Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 11:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fans pick the team and it all goes to ratshit. Who do we blame then?

30Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 15:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat this has no chance of happening. It's an entertaining idea but there's a lot more to managing a football team than just picking the starting 11 and subs. We'd need to see all the training sessions, know who's fully fit and who has a knock, we'd need to see and talk to the players and staff every day to assess things like state of mind as well as current form. We'd have to go talk to and watch the reserves and youth teams as well. Not to mention the press conferences, meeting with Gartside and all the other day to day stuff that goes with it. I feel many of the same frustrations we all do when I see some of DF's selections, just as I have with damned near EVERY BWFC manager I can remember but at the end of the day it's never going to work as a democratic process. Remember when we had co-managers, Todd and McFarland? That didn't exactly go very well did it? 

Football management is of necessity something of a dictatorial position. One person has to make the final decision on his or her own and then it's their responsibility if it fails and their credit if it succeeds. Yes they need advice and to hear the opinions of the people around them but the final decision is theirs and theirs alone. A popular vote won't work unless you want to run a football version of the X-Factor and let's face it the winners of that show haven't exactly lit up the world of music have they? Most of them have one hit then vanish never to be heard from again. Sorry Nat, this sounds like a fun idea on paper but in the real world it simply wouldn't work. Whether it's Dougie Freedman or Jose Mourinho a football team can only be managed by one person and every time someone tries to do it another way it fails.

31Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 15:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Football management is of necessity something of a dictatorial position. One person has to make the final decision on his or her own .

To be fair, there aren't that many female football managers even in Ladies' football. Maybe Nat could break the glass ceiling?

32Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 15:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Karen Brady did it at Birmingham City for a while and there have been a fair few female coaches at non league level. It's the 21st century now and I think instead of recycling the same old failures names every time a manager's post opens it wouldn't hurt to look at the women's game where a number of extremely capable and talented women are doing a very good job as managers already. 

I appreciate it will take a while to see a woman manager in the prem or the championship but I'd rather see a successful woman in the dugout than a bloke who's had six or seven jobs as a manager already and failed at most of them. Nat is spot on when she says too many managers have one good run with one club then live off that for the next ten or twenty years, shunting from one failure to another. The whole game needs a huge shakeup and to wake up to the fact we aren't in the days of black and white pathe newsreels anymore.

33Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 15:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: Remember when we had co-managers, Todd and McFarland? That didn't exactly go very well did it? 

But I would be involved in this venture. I've never experienced failure.

34Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 19:29

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes you have this post failed?

35Should The Fans Pick The Team? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should The Fans Pick The Team? Tue Jan 07 2014, 20:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Yes you have this post failed?

Wessy, don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum