Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reading 7-1 Bolton

+26
Angry Dad
terenceanne
Banks of the Croal
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
frankboy
observer
Tigermin
guest66
Whitesince63
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

we got one in the end. Wow. No doubt DF will try to find something positive to say about this but there is nothing, not a single bloody thing that can possibly do even the tiniest amount to redeem this shambolic disgraceful FUCKUP!  Mad 

I have been a loyal Trotter for nearly forty years and this is without question THE most embarrassing 'display' (using the word charitably) I've ever seen or heard about in that time. This is even worse than Aldershot, worse than McGovern's management and frankly I can't think of a word to say to defend Dougie or the players. 

All I can hope (and it's a very faint hope at that) is that this is the nadir, that we've now touched bottom and will begin to climb but I don't believe we will, not deep down where it matters.  Sad 

I can't remember being this angry over a single performance in my lifetime. I'm too angry to even consider trying to view this in any way logically or dispassionately tonight.  ::seething:: 

I'll try and calm down over the rest of the weekend but right now for my money you can sack Dougie and the rest of that sorry bunch of overpaid assholes who 'play' (I know it's a lie to call them players but they're officially listed that way) with him right now and play the academy squad for the rest of the season.

42Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:06

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Freedman! I want a written explanation on my desk by 8.30am, tomorrow.

43Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Has he lost he dressing room- are the players so pissed off with what he does that they turn in a performance like this?
Is the malaise that deep?

44Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus H Christ... I never saw that result coming. I'm glad I didn't travel down to Reading today. Pity the Wanderers fans with a miserable drive home with nothing to look forward to.

Cardiff next Saturday... maybe the FA Cup will give us the boost we desperately need.

45Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Is this all part of Dougie's plan, Lusty....?

Can't defend that performance and can't defend the players involved but it's got nothing to do with "Dougie's plan" which I still reckon is survival until the high earning gutless tosspots are off the books. Then he'll at least have a chance of putting a competitive team together.
As I've said all along, the main problem is the squad we're stuck with until their contracts run out - summed up nicely by offering to pay Mears to fuck off and still he won't go.

If there's a manager out there who can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and has strong masochistic tendencies, then I wouldn't have a problem with a managerial change even though it would cost the club to do it - but I don't know of one.

46Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's time to dust off the catapults and storm Castle Reebok.

47Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just absolutely speechless after today's result!

I think i'm going to drown my sorrows and have a few bottles of wine and get pissed!  :nuts: 

48Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Jesus H Christ... I never saw that result coming. I'm glad I didn't travel down to Reading today. Pity the Wanderers fans with a miserable drive home with nothing to look forward to.

Cardiff next Saturday... maybe the FA Cup will give us the boost we desperately need.
RT if you think the cardiff match will result in anything but another monster drubbing you're delusional mate. I don't say this to get at you because to be honest before today I felt we might actually be on the verge of a decent run both in the league and cup but the soulless, spineless, disgusting surrender and utterly inept thing I won't dignify by calling a performance that happened today has convinced me beyond doubt of two things. 

1. These players are either not good enough or just don't want to play for DF or us, either way the more we get shot of the better.

2. Gartside has a lot to answer for and if Dougie gets sacked then frankly Eddie should step in and send Phil with him. 

I feel we're back in the eighties only this time there's no white knight out there waiting to save us. Yes I'm furious and I can't view this with any sort of calm but why should I? Why should any fan of BWFC look at today and think there's any hope of doing anything remotely successful with this situation and setup?

49Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thank god he kept it tight or we would have been overrun defensively.

50Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:32

For once, I'm actually looking forward to hearing what the clueless plank has to say.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on "too many individual errors" being blamed.

No mention of our obvious complete lack of a coherent game-plan, obviously.....

51Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

didn't most of the teams below us win as well? We really are in the shit, how long are they going to drag this out for? The man couldn't manage a hard on never mind a football club

get him out now!  ::seething::

52Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought we'd end the season around 13th,but this bunch of witless morons are in real danger of taking us down. Freedman should walk away now,but he won't.

53Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Jesus H Christ... I never saw that result coming. I'm glad I didn't travel down to Reading today. Pity the Wanderers fans with a miserable drive home with nothing to look forward to.

1. These players are either not good enough or just don't want to play for DF or us, either way the more we get shot of the better.

2. Gartside has a lot to answer for and if Dougie gets sacked then frankly Eddie should step in and send Phil with him. 

Why should any fan of BWFC look at today and think there's any hope of doing anything remotely successful with this situation and setup?

Re 1. Dougie is desperate to get shot of them, but they won't go. Any incoming manager would have exactly the same problem and without the prospect of being able to offer them renewed contracts on the same terms it's highly unlikely a new manager would be able to motivate them any more than Dougie can. We're just stuck with them and worse still, we can't move in the transfer market whilst they're here.

Re 2. PG has made too many mistakes over a long period of time so I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has.[/quote]

54Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:46

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Seriously bad today, hard to look at any positives in the near future, i don'y even think a cup run will solve anything, the only thing is to make sure we stay in this division. can'y believe i said that.

55Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I knew we were going to lose when I saw the team sheet: Knight and Pratley starting, no Moritz and surprise surprise Ngog on his own up front but 7-1! According to the BBC we had 52% of the possession - fantastic!

Totally understand your comments wessy.

56Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 17:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman " Frankly some of the players are not good enough for the Championship, but it's not easy to move them on "

57Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 18:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Dougie Freedman " Frankly some of the players are not good enough for the Championship, but it's not easy to move them on "

In a sense, every player that played is good enough for the Championship, along with several that he left out.
He just doesn't know what he's doing.

58Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 18:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Dougie Freedman " Frankly some of the players are not good enough for the Championship, but it's not easy to move them on "

That's something that I agree with except that it's impossible to move them on whilst they're enjoying a well-paid holiday at the club's expense. Bastards.

After today's gutless fiasco there's no point in even picking them. Dougie might as well play the kids.

59Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 18:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Reading 7-1 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Wanderers’ unbeaten start to 2014 was brought to an end as Reading ran out 7-1 winners at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

In a rampant first half performance by the Royals, Adam Le Fondre notched a hat trick inside 33 minutes before Pavel Pogrebnyak converted a penalty shortly before the break.

The Royals weren’t finished however, with Kaspars Gorkss firing past Lonergan with an hour on the clock to make it five before Hope Akpan and Nick Blackman both notched in the final 15 minutes of the clash/

David Ngog did notch for Wanderers in the dying minutes of the game, but his effort was merely a consolation as Reading ran out winners.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers were forced to make one change ahead of the clash, with Darren Pratley coming in for the injured Jermaine Beckford while the bench boasted the addition of Odelusi alongside the winger’s fellow Under 21 teammate Hayden White.

Adam Bogdan also made a return to the matchday squad following his recovery from a knee injury sustained back in October, but the Hungarian had to settle for a place amongst the substitutes.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers were pushing forward from the off, with Pratley putting the Reading defence under pressure inside the opening minute of the clash.

The midfielder was in the thick of the action again just moments later after good work from David Ngog down the right flank, but Pratley failed to connect with the Frenchman’s deflected cross into the area.

No sooner had Wanderers gone close however, Reading enjoyed opportunities of their own as Garath McCleary dragged his shot narrowly wide of Andy Lonergan’s upright.

Having finally found their feet in the clash, the hosts were to stun Wanderers with 13 minutes on the clock as leading goalscorer Le Fondre powered the ball into the roof of the net from a matter of yards out following good work from McCleary, much to the delight of the Madejski faithful.

With the Royals in their element, Bolton almost drew level following a superb break from Ngog, but Reading keeper Alex McCarthy did enough to deny the striker with a goal seeming imminent.

The goal had clearly buoyed the hosts, with captain Jobi McAnuff forcing Lonergan into a smart save from close range as Reading pushed in search of a second goal.

Despite finding themselves under the cosh however, Wanderers still looked a threat on the counter attack but were coming up against a staunch Royals’ backline which prevented them from troubling McCarthy too much.

After threatening since their opener to double their lead though, Reading did so in style in the 28th minute as Le Fondre connected with Pogrebnyak’s knock on and slotted the ball under the advancing Bolton goalkeeper.

A killer blow for Wanderers, it was to get worse with 12 minutes of the half remaining as McClearly capitalised on a slip from Tim Ream to break free of the Bolton defence before unselfishly laying the ball off for Le Fondre to complete his hat trick.

With the Whites shell shocked, Neil Danns almost smashed home from close range from Chung-Yong Lee’s lethal pass into the area which eluded the Reading defence, but the midfielder saw his shot trickle past the post.

With just five minutes to go until half time, Reading were handed the opportunity to extend their lead to four as Alex Baptiste was harshly adjudged to have handled Jordan Obita’s cross into the area with Pogrebnyak calmly dispatching the resulting spot kick.

A nightmare first half for the Whites, the frustration was clear to see on the faces of the players with Pratley’s ambitious volley wide of the target summing up a miserable opening 45 minutes at the Madejski.

SECOND HALF

With a mountain to climb, Wanderers began the second period in the ascendancy as Lee headed Pratley’s cross back into the mix inside the opening minute of the half, but Mark Davies was unable to poke the ball home with the goal at his mercy.

Despite a clear drop in tempo from both sides, Le Fondre looked set to make it five after Pogrebnyak’s head down into the feet of the striker, but he failed to even get his effort on target to the disbelief of those inside the Madejski.

Everything appeared to be falling for the hosts, with Danny Williams’ long range effort just one of a number of opportunities to go begging for the Royals.

With pressure building, Kaspars Gorkss slotted home past Lonergan on the hour mark after pandemonium in the Bolton penalty area to make it five.

The game appeared to fall into a lull of sorts following Reading's fifth, with the majority of the action taking place in the middle of the pitch.

As the clock ran down however, the Royals compounded Wanderers' misery as Hope Akpan fired the ball into the top corner past a despairing Lonergan with 15 minutes remaining while substitute Nick Blackman made it seven with a looping shot four minutes later.

Ngog did grab a goal back with three minutes remaining after connecting with Odelusi's goalbound effort to give the travelling Bolton supporters something to cheer about, but his deflected strike was scant consolation as the referee blew for full time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

60Reading 7-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 7-1 Bolton Sat 18 Jan - 18:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manager's Reading reaction

Dougie Freedman says his were simply not good enough after a humbling defeat at Reading.

After initially impressing in the early throes at the Madejski Stadium, the Trotters were well beaten by a clinical Reading side on what was a thoroughly disappointing afternoon.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “First of all I would like to apologise to our supporters. They have been great and deserve better than what happened today.

“Our performances have been good of late and we certainly didn’t see that coming.

“It’s a very disappointing day for the football club.

“We have to take it on the chin and now recover from it.

“I was pleased in the manner in which we started the game. We showed good energy, created some chances and missed an opportunity to equalise early on.

“After that point, we conceded goals and as we did a number of our players’ heads dropped. That can’t be happening.

“We must give credit to Reading, they created a good number of opportunities, but we certainly helped them along the way.

“We’ll be right back in training first thing in the morning. We’ll face what happened in the best possible way and focus our efforts on how we can put things right.

“We certainly need to look at bringing players in and that will happen very soon.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum