Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves 2-3 Bolton

+15
Sluffy
Keegan
jayjay23
Bolton Nuts
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Culcheth_White
xmiles
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
Quent
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sat Mar 31 2012, 22:35

Reebok Trotter wrote:What's the betting that MOTD make a big issue over the Davies penalty. I reckon the pundits will describe it as the turning point of the game.

It was to be honest, after we scored that there heads dropped and we could easily have scored 5 or 6 in the end.

62Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sat Mar 31 2012, 23:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Christ we have been praised on MOTD Shocked for our defending aswell. Must be a good day if that happens.

63Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sat Mar 31 2012, 23:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

64Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sat Mar 31 2012, 23:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

65Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 09:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm ashamed that Mark Davies is a Bolton player, he's no better than Rivaldo, Tom Daly, Eduardo, and Luis Suarez.

If Fletcher or any other Wolves player had gone down like that there would have been thread after thread about what a diving bastard he was. But just because he's a Bolton player we turn a blind eye? Shame on you all.

I expect everyone on here to condemn cheating, regardless of who the cheat plays for.

66Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 10:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Davies milked it, of that there is no doubt, but we have been denied a couple of stonewall penalties this season so I slept comfortably.

67Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 10:16

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The wolves manager at the after match interview looked like he was about to cry poor fukker.

68Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 11:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

In a perfect world I would condemn one of our players for getting a penalty wrongly but unfortunately

a) everyone else does it, and

b) we don't always get penalties when we desrve them.

When we had Stelios and Davies playing for us we didn't get them because Stelios went down theatrically and Davies didn't go down. So I don't lose any sleep over it.

Incidentally I think Johnson did make contact with Davies, albeit probably not enough to trip him up. So this was as much a penalty as the one Blackburn didn't get last week.

69Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 11:42

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I believe Johnson clipped his foot, but as Xmiles says, certainly not enough to actually pull him down. Unfortunately its part of the game nowadays, and something all teams play to. I don't like it myself, but I really cant see it changing, so have to acceptt it as the norm. Like RT I won't lose any sleep over it, as, I'm sure, none of the players will.

70Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 11:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are all at it. Until refs start sending players off for blatant diving then nothing will change.

Having watched it again on MOTD this morning I think Johnsons tackle was a bit clumsy but contact was minimal.

71Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 12:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

72Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 13:05

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Come on Peddy, can you not afford someone to print it properly. It looks like you wrote it in the dark, when you were 5 years old. With your left hand. Using a mirror.

73Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I absolutely hate diving, it's an absolute nonsense.

but unfortunately as long as it's rewarded by the officials and not punished. It will continue at pace.

Diving has actually become a "skill" and how sad is that.

At the end of the day though, had Mark Davies not have milked the tiniest amount of contact yesterday we'd be staring relegation in the face after another defeat.

74Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

At the end of the day though, had Mark Davies not have milked the tiniest amount of contact yesterday we'd be staring relegation in the face after another defeat.

Doesn't make it right, all it needs is for one brave person to stand up and condemn it and it will snowball from there.

If Coyle had come out after the match and said Mark Davies will never play another Barclays Premier League game, people would have sat up and taken notice.

I don't know if you watched the Newcastle/Liverpool game - two absolute massive cheats on display. Andy Carroll for diving when he had an open goal in front of him, and Perch for going down when he touched noses with Reina.

Pathetic.

75Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's up to the FA and FIFA to put emphasis on the punishment for it.

monetary fines for all dives, looked at retrospectively would stamp it out immediately.

76Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's up to the FA and FIFA to put emphasis on the punishment for it.

monetary fines for all dives, looked at retrospectively would stamp it out immediately.

Perhaps, but if the clubs started to act themselves FIFA might take a bit more notice.

77Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At least the Ref spotted Carroll taking the piss and gave him a yellow for his troubles. I bet he wishes he never left Geordieland.

I wish he would get rid of that pony tail. He's looks a right big girls blouse.

78Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's up to the FA and FIFA to put emphasis on the punishment for it.

Perhaps, but if the clubs started to act themselves FIFA might take a bit more notice.

It's a nice thought but it's fantasy, do you really think the owners of a club would ok with the top players being "sacked" for one dive.... stupidity.

It's up to the governing body to hit players where they care the most, their wallets.

79Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

It's a nice thought but it's fantasy, do you really think the owners of a club would ok with the top players being "sacked" for one dive.... stupidity.

It's up to the governing body to hit players where they care the most, their wallets.

I'm not saying players should be sacked, just fined and banned from first team duties.

Do you think Mavies would dive again if he had his wages donated to the RSPCA and his first team spot given to Vela?

80Wolves 2-3 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Wolves 2-3 Bolton Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably yes, when he files a breach of contract complaint against the club, wins and then plays for someone else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum