Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Burnley.

+27
carrs
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Triumph
Hip Priest
Norpig
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Barryjw
Mr Magoo
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Angry Dad
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Copper Dragon
NickFazer
Tigermin
MartinBWFC
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

21Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: This time were two thirds of the way through and all the teams in the drop zone have a game in hand over us to boot. A loss on Tuesday could well see us just two points clear of the bottom three and they'd still have at least one and possibly TWO games in hand. 

We have been terrible this season, but the clubs below us are in equally poor form and none of them look capable of bridging the 5 point gap even if we don't win again!

And I'll ask you this, could a new man do any WORSE than Freedman?

In my opinion now is the perfect time to change manager. The new man comes in, keeps us up, and we build from there. The players are crap, no doubt about that, but with decent tactics and a bit of motivation they wouldn't be in this mess.

22Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 15:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who would you like to see appointed new manager, Nat?

23Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 15:04

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Biggie wrote:I want to see these players in for the next game...

White,
Danns, Moritz, Trotter, Eagles, Lee, 
Juke

No Pratley, no Medo, no Spearing, no Baptiste, no Hall. At least not at the start. And if any of them do come in then it's Medo.

Ideally we also need to bring in Feeny and Dawson asap or in the summer.
Dawson's a dead issue. WBA aren't looking to send him out at all now as they have injuries of their own and Rosler has made it clear he rates Dawson for the long term and wouldn't be willing to sell him in the summer because he sees the lad as an integral member of the first team there next season. 

Feeney is another dead issue. We can't afford to buy him as we've already proven once and if we think that's going to change in the summer we're dreaming. 

They both did well for us while they were here but it's time to move on and find others because neither of them are coming back either on loan or as buys.
Feeney out of the picture at Millwall apart from the odd sub appearance. Is out of contract at the end of the season and available on a free at that time! We will have to wait and see, if Dougie is still in a job then?

24Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 15:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not feeling confident at all about this one. I can see Burnley winning it by the odd goal so it's Bolton 2 Burnley 3.

25Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't see anything other than a Burnley win and no doubt Dougie will chop and change once again, just to piss everybody off, from the players down to the fans.

Bolton 0 Burnley 1 (Ings)

26Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-2 home win

27Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Burnley will get in behind our defence too many times for us to win the game.

I just hope they have an off day, but with 5 thousand plus fans behind them, I don't think they will.

we could get a battering here 1-4, because they hate us, it could be 1-5.

28Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:44

Burnley are vulnerable at the back......if you've got the players to get at them.

Which I don't think we have.

If we somehow manage to go one up, I can see us parking the bus and still losing, possibly by three or four.

If we sit back from the off, we're dead.

I can't see this one being close: they'll score at least three and win comfortably.

29Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:48

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote: This time were two thirds of the way through and all the teams in the drop zone have a game in hand over us to boot. A loss on Tuesday could well see us just two points clear of the bottom three and they'd still have at least one and possibly TWO games in hand. 

We have been terrible this season, but the clubs below us are in equally poor form and none of them look capable of bridging the 5 point gap even if we don't win again!

And I'll ask you this, could a new man do any WORSE than Freedman?

In my opinion now is the perfect time to change manager. The new man comes in, keeps us up, and we build from there. The players are crap, no doubt about that, but with decent tactics and a bit of motivation they wouldn't be in this mess.
Nat you'll get no argument from me on that BUT I was responding to your stated hope we lose in order to get DF the sack. Also I simply don't feel that Phil Gartside is capable of appointing a good manager at all so in my opinion the changes need to START in the boardroom. They both need to go NOW and imo appointing Jimmy as caretaker while a new board takes the rest of this season to carry out a proper search for a new manager would be a good thing for us in the long term but please God don't leave it to PG to make this decision because he's even more useless than we thought after the Lee and Megson and Coyle fiascos.

30Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Who would you like to see appointed new manager, Nat?

I'd like to see a totally different direction - personally I'd like Paulo Di Canio but realise that would never happen as it's just not a BWFC appointment.

I fear we'll end up with Alan Curbishley.

What about you Boggers?

31Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Curbishley would do fine for me.

32Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 16:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We could do no wrong with big Mick here, a silver spoon needs to be called a shovel .

33Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:00

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we can get Beckford fit for Tuesday and play him up front with Juke, in a 4-4-2 formation, which is what Burnley play, we have every chance. Start Medo and Danns in the middle together. Sod all chance of this happening though.

34Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:If we can get Beckford fit for Tuesday and play him up front with Juke, in a 4-4-2 formation, which is what Burnley play, we have every chance. Start Medo and Danns in the middle together. Sod all chance of this happening though.

He wont do it.

35Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:03

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:We could do no wrong with big Mick here, a silver spoon needs to be called a shovel .
We couldn't do any worse than hiring Neil Warnock until the end of the season and promoting Sammy Lee as his number 2. No compensation to bring Warnock in, he might not be a popular choice, but he'd kick some arses and he'd keep us up.

36Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:We could do no wrong with big Mick here, a silver spoon needs to be called a shovel .
We couldn't do any worse than hiring Neil Warnock until the end of the season and promoting Sammy Lee as his number 2. No compensation to bring Warnock in, he might not be a popular choice, but he'd kick some arses and he'd keep us up.

I'd take him over Mr Negative .

37Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

What about you Boggers?

McKay or Steve Clarke would be brilliant. Probably out of our reach though, so I wouldn't mind someone like Kenny jackett.

38Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:10

Warnock wouldn't come here because Gartdside only takes managers that he can dictate to and Warnock doesn't strike me as that sort.

He'd probably wind up chinning him.

39Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next Manager, IMO, needs to be an experienced soul, not a young up and coming unproven manager.

But it won't.

40Bolton 0-1 Burnley. - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Burnley. Sun Feb 09 2014, 17:17

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:Our next Manager, IMO, needs to be an experienced soul, not a young up and coming unproven manager.

But it won't.
I said that before we appointed Freedman. I wanted Mick McCarthy, but of course he went to Ipswich.

I don't know what the hell Lennie Lawrence does? As an experienced ex manager, he just tends to sit in the dugout, looking like he's suffered a stroke or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum