Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall 1-1 Bolton

+26
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
boltonbonce
JAH
Reebok_Rebel
Whitesince63
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Triumph
terenceanne
carrs
Boggersbelief
White84
scottjames30
Angry Dad
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 13 2014, 23:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Hooper in charge

Simon Hooper will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship clash with Millwall this weekend.

A man who the Whites are already familiar with given that he took charge of the club’s recent FA Cup tie with Blackpool, Hooper has been involved in 24 games so far this term, brandishing 93 yellow and four red cards in the process.

Having overseen Mansfield’s 2-1 victory over Southend at the weekend, the Wiltshire based referee has been primarily used in the Championship and League Two during the current campaign.

Jake Hillier and Daniel Leach will run the line, while Darren Blunden is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 13 2014, 23:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Millwall

Setting The Scene

Wanderers head to the capital this weekend in search of their first victory of the calendar year when they face Millwall at The Den.

Heading into the clash off the back of two consecutive home games against AFC Bournemouth and Burnley, the Whites will be hoping to secure victory over a team who themselves reside just below Bolton in the league standings with 27 points from their 30 games so far.

A fixture which saw Wanderers record their first home victory of the campaign with a 3-1 win back in November, the Lions did run out winners in the corresponding clash in South London last season with Darius Henderson’s late strike ensuring that the Whites left empty handed.

Team News

Wanderers will be without the services of Liam Trotter with the midfielder ineligible to play against his parent club this weekend, while Jermaine Beckford looks set to miss out with a hamstring injury.

David Wheater could keep his place in the starting line-up following his first start for the club in almost five months against Burnley on Tuesday night, but long term absentees Stuart Holden, Joe Riley and Marc Tierney remain on the sidelines.

Opposition Camp

Having narrowly avoided relegation to League One last season, Millwall have unfortunately found themselves in a similar position this term, currently residing in 21st position and just three points clear of the drop zone.

Just two points separated the Lions from relegated Peterborough back in May of last year – form which led to the resignation of long standing manager Kenny Jackett from the Millwall hotseat.

The summer months saw notable changes made at The Den with Steve Lomas taking over the reins at the club, but his tenure lasted a matter of months as he was dismissed on Boxing Day following defeat to Watford.

Following the departure of the former Northern Ireland international, the Lions moved quickly to install Ian Holloway in his place just six weeks ago.

Since his arrival at The Den, the Lions have recorded three defeats, two draws and one victory – form which Holloway will be aiming to eradicate in the remaining months of the campaign as Millwall look to beat the drop once more.

One To Watch

With six goals to his name already this season, Martyn Woolford is currently the Lions top scorer in a season where Millwall have struggled for consistency.

Having started out his career with his local side Glasshoughton Welfare as a youngster, the winger proceeded to enjoy a spell with Frickley Athletic before joining York City in the summer of 2006.

His efforts for the Minstermen during his two years with the club impressed many, with Scunthorpe United securing his signature in 2008 where he went on to spend three seasons.

Following another relatively successful stint with the Glanford Park outfit, it wasn’t long before the Championship came calling in the form of Bristol City – a move which saw him make 59 appearances in two years at Ashton Gate.

Shortly after Woolford was on the move again however, with The Den his next stop and his debut ironically coming against Wanderers in January 2013 where a penalty apiece ensured a share of the spoils in a 1-1 draw at the Reebok Stadium.

23Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 06:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we lose to Millwall will Freedman get sacked?

24Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 07:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:If we lose to Millwall will Freedman get sacked?

No- he's here for the long haul. We might as well get used to the idea

25Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 08:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Without Beckford I'm struggling to see how we will score the goals we need unless there's a dramatic transformation and/or we get lucky. This game will probably be another nail in Dougie's coffin - if we don't get something from it the Board will get even twitchier.

26Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 08:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:If we lose to Millwall will Freedman get sacked?

No- he's here for the long haul. We might as well get used to the idea
 :agree:

27Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 09:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's almost unbelievable that he would still be here but surely there must be a point at which management finally accept what's happening and that it isn't going to turn around under Freedman. Sadly given the finances I fear it will only happen when it's too late to do anything about it.

28Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 09:38

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Who cares what team he picks?

The team will basically be picked on one thing only - whoever didn't play last game, if the option is there obviously, will start this one.

They will be given instructions to 'contain' millwall, this will ultimately lead to us losing 1 or 2 nil IMO.

29Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The people saying Freedman won't get sacked whatever happens are idiots.

A beating at Millwall should do it, but certainly a home defeat the game after that and he'll be on his way.

I'm willing to bet £1000 that Dougie isn't manager come May - anyone want to take me on?

30Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:46

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:The people saying Freedman won't get sacked whatever happens are idiots.

A beating at Millwall should do it, but certainly a home defeat the game after that and he'll be on his way.

I'm willing to bet £1000 that Dougie isn't manager come May - anyone want to take me on?

haha, I agree, a home defeat against Watford would do it, though if not, certainly a derby defeat against Blackburn and if not, for sure the Leeds game, but certainly the one after that against Derby.

31Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:50

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:The people saying Freedman won't get sacked whatever happens are idiots.

haha, I agree, a home defeat against Watford would do it, though if not, certainly a derby defeat against Blackburn and if not, for sure the Leeds game, but certainly the one after that against Derby.

Why not stop the messing around with club waiting for this fixture and that fixture in the future and just act now while there are games left for a new man to save our season?

BTW I still fucking hate your Avatar Hipster

32Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Why not stop the messing around with club waiting for this fixture and that fixture in the future and just act now while there are games left for a new man to save our season?

Why?

33Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 12:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Millwall

A clash which at present is narrowly edged by Millwall in terms of victories with 16 as opposed to Bolton’s 15, Saturday’s meeting will be just the fifth between the two sides in two decades.

With the game between the two sides earlier in the season providing Wanderers with their first home victory of the campaign courtesy of goals from Rob Hall, Jermaine Beckford and Andre Moritz in a 3-1 win, the Lions will no doubt take solace from the last time the teams clashed at The Den back in October 2012.

A game which looked destined for a stalemate after Chris Eagles had cancelled out Darius Henderson’s early opener, the striker proceeded to break Bolton hearts with a 90th minute winner.

Fast forward 14 months however and with both clubs in need of victory this weekend, Saturday’s clash looks certain to have all the makings of a true classic.

With 2013 proving to be a year of change at The Den, Millwall will be hoping that 2014 brings a change in fortunes for the London based club.

Following a summer of upheaval that included the departure of long standing manager Kenny Jackett after almost six years in the Lions’ hotseat, Millwall headed into the new campaign looking to improve upon their 20th place finish in the 2012/13 league standings.

Just two points separated the Lions from relegated Peterborough, with their close shave with the drop prompting the club to bring in reinforcements in the shape of experienced heads such as Steve Morison and Martyn Waghorn.

The arrival of these players amongst many others has ensured that Millwall at present sit outside the drop zone, albeit by just three points.

The installation of Steve Lomas as manager was met with a mixed reaction given the former Northern Ireland international’s affiliations with the Lions’ arch rivals West Ham United, with Lomas beginning his tenure as Millwall boss with three straight league defeats.

A baptism of fire for the former midfielder, his side answered their critics in style in September by recording three impressive victories over Blackpool, Charlton and Leeds United.

Sadly for the Londoners however, their upturn in fortunes did not last and the Lions went onto record just two more victories before Lomas was relieved of his duties following defeat against Watford on Boxing Day.

With the team sitting just a point away from a relegation berth, the club moved quickly to bring the experienced Ian Holloway to the club during the first week of January.

Having seen his side record three defeats, two draws and one victory since his arrival, Holloway will no doubt be aiming to eradicate the Lions’ inconsistency during the remaining months of the campaign and maintain their Championship status come May.

34Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 13:02

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
JAH wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Why?

Its a Friday

35Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 18:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see a draw at most for this game so I'm going for a 1-1 boring draw.

36Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 19:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-1 for me too.

37Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 19:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A draw could be the safe bet tbh.

38Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 19:50

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we'll just about scrape a draw as well. Maybe 1-1

Bogdan

Baptiste---Mills---Wheater---Ream

Spearing---Medo

Chungy---Mavies---Danns

Juke

39Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 20:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Culcheth_White wrote:I think we'll just about scrape a draw as well. Maybe 1-1

Bogdan

Baptiste---Mills---Wheater---Ream

Spearing---Medo

Chungy---Mavies---Danns

Juke

Probably as close as your going to get for a prediction on result and starting 11 tomorrow.

40Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 14 2014, 20:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably a little none attacking, but a draw would be a great result.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum