Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall 1-1 Bolton

+26
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
boltonbonce
JAH
Reebok_Rebel
Whitesince63
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Triumph
terenceanne
carrs
Boggersbelief
White84
scottjames30
Angry Dad
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 17:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Curtains. Lol.

So, 1-1.

A win would have disguised a poor performance.
Millwall had 22 shots. They mauled us really.

Yes we missed a pen, had one disallowed, hit the post, scored a weak header but they still dominated us. At 1-0 we should have made attacking changes to relieve the pressure.
At 1-0 we should have scored the f****** penalty to make it even more unlikely. 

We really are shit at defending and wouldn't know how to shut up shop if our lives depended on it. 
Today I'd have settled for an away point at the beginning but coming so close to winning makes it feel like points dropped instead of a hard-earned point ground out. But for Bogdan's save, we'd have lost v Bournemouth despite having a 2 goal lead early doors.

82Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 17:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Just looked at the table, and we re deep in the shit, .. and sinking
Looking at the table, we are 6 points from relegation but Charlton have 3 games in hand over us!!!  :shit:

83Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 17:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dougie will never learn. A leopard can't change its spots, and Dougie was born with a negative, boring attitude to the game.

It didn't matter how many leads we gave away under Megson thanks to him playing shut up shop, he'd do it time and time again. Dougie's just the same.

Just look at the starting eleven. Two defensive midfielders, three if you count Pratley, one wide player, and a lone striker. Against Millwall. Absolutely pathetic and it's been like this all season and he won't budge.

If Gartside had done more homework on Dougie than a good run spanning ten matches, he'd know he was just like this at Palace.

84Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 17:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's now time some folk stopped using the excuse that Dougie was left with Coyles crap as Dougie has really fucked the team up this time with 1 bloody striker up front and loaning every fucker out who has scored.

He really is one big joke!!!

85Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 18:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Dougie will never learn. A leopard can't change its spots, and Dougie was born with a negative, boring attitude to the game.

It didn't matter how many leads we gave away under Megson thanks to him playing shut up shop, he'd do it time and time again. Dougie's just the same.

Just look at the starting eleven. Two defensive midfielders, three if you count Pratley, one wide player, and a lone striker. Against Millwall. Absolutely pathetic and it's been like this all season and he won't budge.

If Gartside had done more homework on Dougie than a good run spanning ten matches, he'd know he was just like this at Palace.

This is a good post. Amazing that Doffcocker penned it. Perhaps his mother has hijacked his account.

He set us up to get a draw and that's what he got - boring boring Bolton.

86Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 18:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman believes his side were unlucky not to have taken all three points from the weekend’s game against Millwall at The New Den.

A goal to the good courtesy of Lukas Jutkiewicz’s clever header, the on-loan Middlesbrough striker then missed a second half penalty.

The home crowd responded and then saw their side equalise after Martyn Woolford converted from an acute angle.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “Given the balance of play, I don’t really think it was a fair result.

“When you’re a goal up and you have a penalty in the second half you’re really thinking you’re going to see the game out.

“We also hit the post through a wonderful free-kick and we really should have taken the three points.

“If the penalty goes in we win the game, it’s as simple as that. In missing the penalty, that then energised the crowd and gave their players a lift. In the end we had to dig in and I thought we stood up for ourselves very well.

“We controlled the ball very well in the first half and went a goal up with a fantastic header from a great cross.

“We were fully committed, showed great desire and pressed the ball very well. If I was being critical of my team today, I’d say we maybe need to have a bit more of a calmer head in front of goal.

“Anyone who has seen our recent games can see we’re playing well right now and that is encouraging.

“Unfortunately, we’re drawing a lot of games right now. If we weren’t performing well, then I’d be worried.

“My experience tells me that if we keep performing to this level the results will soon start coming. When that happens we’ll be away.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

87Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 18:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

This is a good post. Amazing that Doffcocker penned it. Perhaps his mother has hijacked his account.

He shares it with his dad apparently. Doffcocker snr definitely wrote it

88Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 18:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
He shares it with his dad apparently. Doffcocker snr definitely wrote it

You owe me one manager due to your "guarantee".

89Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 19:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A draw probably a fair result but yet again dougies subs let him down, we sounded quite comfortable at 1-0 up with the midfield how it was. Bringing another defender on was stupid as we totally outnumbered them in midfield.

Doesn't sound like Holloway has a soft spot for Dougie with some of his comments after the game, though a few of them I do agree with.

90Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 19:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have we got an easy three pointer next?

91Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 20:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Looks to me like it's going to get much worse in the next month. There's no reason to believe we can beat top half teams whether home or away. Or anyone for that matter. They clearly don't have any belief in themselves so how can we?

92Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 20:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly I do have the sense it may take a change to even wake the players up to the situation, they are shameless. 

Sad to say that.

93Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 20:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have finally reached the point where pissing in the wind has left me rather damp and smelly so I'll change my stance. Well done Duggy Division Three here we come!!

94Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 20:56

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Dougie Freedman believes his side were unlucky not to have taken all three points from the weekend’s game against Millwall at The New Den.

A goal to the good courtesy of Lukas Jutkiewicz’s clever header, the on-loan Middlesbrough striker then missed a second half penalty.

The home crowd responded and then saw their side equalise after Martyn Woolford converted from an acute angle.

Speaking in his post-match press conference, Freedman said: “Given the balance of play, I don’t really think it was a fair result.

“When you’re a goal up and you have a penalty in the second half you’re really thinking you’re going to see the game out.

“We also hit the post through a wonderful free-kick and we really should have taken the three points.

“If the penalty goes in we win the game, it’s as simple as that. In missing the penalty, that then energised the crowd and gave their players a lift. In the end we had to dig in and I thought we stood up for ourselves very well.

“We controlled the ball very well in the first half and went a goal up with a fantastic header from a great cross.

“We were fully committed, showed great desire and pressed the ball very well. If I was being critical of my team today, I’d say we maybe need to have a bit more of a calmer head in front of goal.

“Anyone who has seen our recent games can see we’re playing well right now and that is encouraging.

“Unfortunately, we’re drawing a lot of games right now. If we weren’t performing well, then I’d be worried.

“My experience tells me that if we keep performing to this level the results will soon start coming. When that happens we’ll be away.”

I went to the match today and I'm not going again till that clown is sacked, that comment is just fucking ridiculous.

95Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 21:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We're drawing a lot of matches?

We've drawn two from the last seven and lost the rest.

And we're obviously not playing well.

If you go down the "if the penalty goes in we win the game" road, you have to also think about the chances Millwall had that didn't go in, that would have won them the game.

He talks endless bollocks does Freedman.

96Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 21:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:The banners are ready and raring to go for todays game:

:facepalm:

Who is reedman?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

97Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 15 2014, 21:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who is reedman gartside?

98Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sun Feb 16 2014, 00:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Millwall 1-1 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Despite a valiant effort in south east London, Bolton Wanderers were forced to settle for a share of the spoils in a closely contest affair at The New Den.

It was very much a story of what might have been for the Trotters, who when a goal to the good spurned the opportunity to wrap up the points from the penalty spot midway through the second period.

Lukas Jutkiewicz, such an effective focal point throughout the piece, saw his penalty saved after having opened the scoring with a clever header in the first half.

Instead Millwall claimed a point when Martyn Woolford popped up to level the scores .

TEAM NEWS

The Bolton team showed two changes to the side that had taken to the field four days earlier against Burnley.

Mark Davies and Darren Pratley came in for Chung-Yong Lee and Liam Trotter, who was as part of the loan agreement between the two sides was ineligible.

Millwall’s side contained ex-Bolton centre-half Danny Shittu, whilst former loanee Liam Feeney was on the bench.

FIRST HALF

The opening ten minutes were disjointed, with the home side making the early running.

Matt Mills and Pratley had to be alert to snuff out a couple of potentially dangerous attacked, with the only goalbound attempt of note looping wide from Jermaine Easter.

With 15 minutes on the clock, and with their first attempt on target, Bolton broke the deadlock.

Chris Eagles swung a teasing ball into the Millwall area, where Jutkiewicz stooped to flick a back header beyond David Forde’s despairing dive and into the net via the base of the post.

Ian Holloway’s side continued to endeavour with a patient, passing style, however a strong prevailing wind almost aided an equaliser.

On the line, David Wheater’s somehow managed to divert Martyn Woolford’s shot on the spin over the bar, after a ball into box had caught on the wind.

The home side were looking lively.

Another goal-line clearance, this time from Alex Baptiste, prevented Easter from converting from just inside the area following Adam Bogdan’s punched clearance.

Jutkiewucz continued to lead the line in admirable fashion, holding the ball up well both aerially and on the floor.

In the run up to the break Lee Martin saw a shot from Steve Morison’s knock down fade away from the post.

HALF TIME

The second half started as the first ended – Millwall seeing plenty of the ball but unable to really work Bogdan.

Instead, on a rare foray forward, Bolton came within a whisker of doubling their tally.

Mark Davies was scythed down 25 yards from goal, with Eagles then curling the resulting free-kick around the wall and into the foot of the post.

In need of a goal, Holloway gambled with a triple substitution on 55 minutes, introducing three strikers.

Though those changes didn’t necessarily have the immediate impact the increasingly agitated home fans would have hoped.

Bolton continued to absorb pressure and look a threat on the break.

On 66 minutes Baptiste broke forward from full-back, played a neat give-and-go with Pratley before coolly finishing below Forde. However, celebrations were cut short by the linesman’s offside flag on the far side.

The hosts reverted to plan B, bypassing the midfield and pumping balls into the Bolton penalty area.

And that almost paid dividends when Woolford crashed a loose ball towards the near post, with Bogdan reacted superbly to fist away. Scott Malone volleyed the follow up wide.

Wanderers were edging ever closer to three vital points and on 76 minutes they had the chance to put the game to bed.

Jutkiewicz once again demonstrated some superb back-to-goal play, before seeing his swirling cross clip the hand of Shittu at the back post. Referee Simon Hooper pointed to the spot.

Jutkiewicz immediately sought out the ball, though his tame kick from 12 yards was comfortably gathered by Forde.

That buoyed the hosts and suddenly they seized the initiative and netted the equaliser on 82 minutes.

Morison’s teasing centre was met by sub Simeon Jackson, who from point blank range was denied by a superb save from Bogdan. However the rebounds fell kindly to Woolford who dispatched from a seemingly impossible angle.

Neither side looked happy to settle for a point, but that was the ultimate outcome.

FULL TIME

99Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sun Feb 16 2014, 04:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Interesting post from a Crystal Palace fan who oddly went to the game.

Palace fan wrote:Just got in from the game, fine day up London Bridge with a few beers but the Football itself was dire.

I said to so many Bolton around me it was like watching Palace from a few years ago under Freedman. He was so unbelievably negative it was painful viewing. Despite the early goal Bolton were shocking, couldn't keep the ball, couldn't even play it into the channels without it going to a Millwall full back or Dartford locals sitting in the Dockers stand. The Polish Forward looked lively for Bolton but again like two years ago with Murray in his first season he had no support whatsoever so he was limited in what he could do. They played so deep and gave Millwall so much time on the ball, I mean 39% possession against Millwall is embarrassing to say the least.

But in all credit to Holloway he has tried to get Millwall knocking the ball about, the holding midfielder they signed from MK Dons looks a good player, Williams. But all in all they just didn't have no real spark or quality to really hurt Bolton.

Today made me realize how much of a gap in quality there is between the championship and premier league. Two very poor teams who might be lucky there is teams even worse than them who will go down. If Charlton manage to win their games in hand though Millwall could be in deep trouble. The game between each other coming up at the den could be vital.

Something's however never change with Millwall's pond life support. The real Millwall support must be ashamed to see kids of 15 year old kids from Kent giving it the large. The word for them isn't even intimidating, more like cringeworthy.

A massive cry of Freedman out in the Bolton end as well, when Freedman came over to applaud the support all he got was boo's and abuse.

100Millwall 1-1 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Millwall 1-1 Bolton Sun Feb 16 2014, 09:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Interesting post from a Crystal Palace fan who oddly went to the game.

Palace fan wrote:Just got in from the game, fine day up London Bridge with a few beers but the Football itself was dire.

I said to so many Bolton around me it was like watching Palace from a few years ago under Freedman. He was so unbelievably negative it was painful viewing. Despite the early goal Bolton were shocking, couldn't keep the ball, couldn't even play it into the channels without it going to a Millwall full back or Dartford locals sitting in the Dockers stand. The Polish Forward looked lively for Bolton but again like two years ago with Murray in his first season he had no support whatsoever so he was limited in what he could do. They played so deep and gave Millwall so much time on the ball, I mean 39% possession against Millwall is embarrassing to say the least.

But in all credit to Holloway he has tried to get Millwall knocking the ball about, the holding midfielder they signed from MK Dons looks a good player, Williams. But all in all they just didn't have no real spark or quality to really hurt Bolton.

Today made me realize how much of a gap in quality there is between the championship and premier league. Two very poor teams who might be lucky there is teams even worse than them who will go down. If Charlton manage to win their games in hand though Millwall could be in deep trouble. The game between each other coming up at the den could be vital.

Something's however never change with Millwall's pond life support. The real Millwall support must be ashamed to see kids of 15 year old kids from Kent giving it the large. The word for them isn't even intimidating, more like cringeworthy.

A massive cry of Freedman out in the Bolton end as well, when Freedman came over to applaud the support all he got was boo's and abuse.
 a great impartial view on the game, i hope Freedman know understands exactly what the fans think and does the decent thing and fucks off before he takes us down

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum